Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2017.12 - Renaissance Simmer  (Read 21102 times)
DeeDee
Kindergoth

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 05:42:16 AM »

Meduza: I briefly checked your box, and I have no idea what you did wrong Sad I've never encountered such a problem... Quinctia mentioned in the end of the tutorial that she had a problem like this, but she never explained what fixed it... So I can only recommend to redo this overlay :/ (maybe it's one of the face overlay parts that you linked wrong, but I'm not sure)
The faces that they got are the 'default' faces, though (s2 skin, brown eye, 2nd face template), I'm not sure if it's a useful information or not
Meduza
Undead

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 08:57:25 AM »

Thank you for your feedback, DeeDee! I've just redone broken overlay and it works now.  Cheer This time I cloned it from correct one. I don't have a clue what was wrong, but I'm glad I managed to fix it.  Smiley

NekoSayuri
Undead

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 10:24:16 AM »

I added boots from a store outfit (ruffle denim skirt), however I had trouble with the waist, the picture shows the issues with different tops Sad
I also had trouble with alpha lace... I think I bit off more than I can chew here!
Hopefully someone can fix it, or point me in the right direction?

The issue with different tops is something that can't be helped much. Not all bottoms fit under all tops, and when a bottom has a shape like the split skirt, it's not going to be simple to make it work, but Nintendo is right about it, all you can do is scale it at the waist area. I'd select the vertices around the waist but under the point where it meets the top mesh and scale it down using X and Z at 0.99, one at a time, until it looks right, but it might alter the mesh to the point where it looks ridiculous, so you have to decide what you prefer.

The reason the skirt shows on top of the shirt in the first picture is because 'bottom' mesh groups always go on top of 'top' mesh groups, but you can adjust the texture to make it look better with shirts made only of a 'top' group, if you want. In the second one, the top mesh is on a separate group, but I covered that above. In the last one... I don't really know... the BlousedWaist top is supposed to be on a 'top' mesh so it should be overwritten by the bottom, but it doesn't appear to be that way... do you have a default replacement for that top?

As for the alpha parts, they wont work without an extra group. The original dress had two groups-- one for the dress and one for the lace parts (called lase, I think). You'll have to separate the lace parts from the skirt and make them an alpha group for them to work.

decat
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »

Decat:
For the first one, if you want the skirt to work with certain tops, you'll want to export those meshes and manipulate the skirt's waist vertices to fit under(or over) the top.

When you scaled Yuxi's dress, did you throw it back into Cmar's mesh toolkit? I always have the bone assignments redone whenever I scale or severely alter a mesh.

The issue with different tops is something that can't be helped much. Not all bottoms fit under all tops, and when a bottom has a shape like the split skirt, it's not going to be simple to make it work, but Nintendo is right about it, all you can do is scale it at the waist area. I'd select the vertices around the waist but under the point where it meets the top mesh and scale it down using X and Z at 0.99, one at a time, until it looks right, but it might alter the mesh to the point where it looks ridiculous, so you have to decide what you prefer.

The reason the skirt shows on top of the shirt in the first picture is because 'bottom' mesh groups always go on top of 'top' mesh groups, but you can adjust the texture to make it look better with shirts made only of a 'top' group, if you want. In the second one, the top mesh is on a separate group, but I covered that above. In the last one... I don't really know... the BlousedWaist top is supposed to be on a 'top' mesh so it should be overwritten by the bottom, but it doesn't appear to be that way... do you have a default replacement for that top?

As for the alpha parts, they wont work without an extra group. The original dress had two groups-- one for the dress and one for the lace parts (called lase, I think). You'll have to separate the lace parts from the skirt and make them an alpha group for them to work.

I understand what needs to be done, but as I said, I don't have a working Milkshape anymore, and was having trouble with these, so I was hoping someone could fix them for me:/
nintendolover13
Professional Sassmaster
Macabre Miscreant

Ally Cat

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 12:53:24 AM »

Decat: Oh! Yeah, I can definitely look at the short to long dress for you.

Edit:
I did all of the milkshape work for you so the files I have packed are for replacing the gmdc's in simpe (I wasn't sure which one you wanted and whether or not you wanted it to replace yuxi's or have its own file).

nintendolover13 edit- yuxilong: I redid it so the textures were pulled from the original and i added morphs, redid bone assignments.
yuxilong: this is your file/mesh, with minor edits, and new bone assignments, i also added a texture file with a green spot where the dress needs new textures.

I hope everything is okay now!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:44:36 AM by shastakiss » Logged

shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 07:03:14 PM »

If the fire is finally where it belongs, do I upload the finished product in this thread, too?

Deatherella, I'm sorry I didn't answer this sooner. We'd love for you to share it here!
nintendolover13
Professional Sassmaster
Macabre Miscreant

Ally Cat

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 10:29:30 PM »

I have finally finished my submission and even got some great previews taken by SumerGoldstein !
The shirt was intended to fit with this scalloped skirt but it looks okay with other bottoms too!

Swatch

This is for adult females and has all morphs Smiley

Download

Button:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:07:43 AM by nintendolover13 » Logged

Meduza
Undead

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 11:57:29 AM »

I finished working on my tattoo overlay box and I'm ready to share it. Smiley
These are based on airbenders' arrow tattoos from Avatar: The Last Airbender series. There are two color files: the first one contains regular blue arrows and the second one contains white arrows (for the Avatar state Grin ). I've decided that forehead arrows would come in seperate files as full face paint, they work for both genders from child to elder. Head tattoos are kept as a hairstyle, you can find them in custom bin, they work for children of both genders and for teens, adults and elders but only for males (female bald head has got too weird mapping  Huh? )

As you can notice, there is a gap between the neck and the head - I think it's EAxis fault - drawing something on the back of a neck makes it also appear in the front of a throat.  Cry

As far as I have tested it in my game, it works fine, but if you spot something, let me know!  Smiley

Credits:
-Morague for overlay boxes
-Quinctia for an awesome tutorial
-Ja for Excel file - it's really helpful!

Download at SFS
Download alt

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:23:53 AM by Meduza » Logged

decat
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 07:47:16 PM »

Decat: Oh! Yeah, I can definitely look at the short to long dress for you.

Edit:
I did all of the milkshape work for you so the files I have packed are for replacing the gmdc's in simpe (I wasn't sure which one you wanted and whether or not you wanted it to replace yuxi's or have its own file).

nintendolover13 edit- yuxilong: I redid it so the textures were pulled from the original and i added morphs, redid bone assignments.
yuxilong: this is your file/mesh, with minor edits, and new bone assignments, i also added a texture file with a green spot where the dress needs new textures.

I hope everything is okay now!

Thank you for doing this! I haven't had the chance to look at it as I have had problems with my game, when I do get to have a look and fix the textures, I'll be sure to post the finished item!
nintendolover13
Professional Sassmaster
Macabre Miscreant

Ally Cat

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2017, 12:37:27 AM »

It's no problem, I am glad I was able to help. If you need more help (or I need to fix something) feel free to send me a PM on here or an ask over on tumblr. Smiley

Glitches
Half-Singed Witch
Gutter Punk

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »

Shastakiss suggested I post this here, and it does work much better then it's own post. I'd been really intimidated by anything to do with making skins just because of how many files there were - but I fell in love with Nat's Ghosts And Lightbeams, and I really wanted to make them my main skins, which I couldn't do without defaults. So I sucked it up and learned how, and honestly, it wasn't that bad!

I chose the colours based on Nat's genetic spectrum, because I really wanted something I can drop and play and that would link up correct to the geneticized skins. So these are base , olive, shimmering, and new moon. (I originally had the sims in actual order from light to dark but in trying to get a good screenshot everything got out of order and janky because the sims kept snapping to each other and- whatever its functional! Lesson two learned - previews suck!) I also put them in the file name, so you can easily find the non-default ones and delete them.
Download
And a button for the index.

(ps this is my very first public download in this format, so I'm hoping I linked and coded to everything right, but if anything seems off, please let me know so I can fix it!)
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 04:27:02 PM »

Yay! So glad you shared them, LordDlichnum! They look great  thanks

And I wanted to remind everyone January's theme will be Unfinished Business. Phew I know everyone is relieved they don't have to be home and sober by 11:45 on New Year's Eve so they can vote responsibly  Big Grin
nat
Undead

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2017, 04:48:02 PM »

I'm glad to know that you liked my first skinset Cheesy (wow it's been such a long time ago). Also congrats on learning a new skill!

Glitches
Half-Singed Witch
Gutter Punk

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »

Thank you both! (Also I never checked when those were released - 2015!? Haha, they're new to me!)
Meduza
Undead

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 12:05:27 PM »

Does anyone know if this TS4 base game freeze ray thing in the picture below has been converted for TS2? If it hasn't been converted yet, could somebody send me an English description? Thanks.  Smiley

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:22:09 PM by Meduza » Logged

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: