Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blind Date 2018 - Love Notes and Gifts! SHARING THREAD  (Read 79298 times)
Julie J
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »

My wonderful gifts from iCad Smiley

Happy Blind Date, JulieJ. Smiley It's me, "Orpheus." Smiley

I kinda focused on the mentions of "rock star" in your wishlist, and my brain went to 80s glam-rock. I'm not sure if that's at all what you were looking for, but that's where I went. Smiley So, I have for you:

--Higher-res retextures of the Maxis sectional sofa from Nightlife, which has always struck me as very 80s. I gave it raw silk upholstery, and I gave the base a wooden texture that tiles properly. The upholstery comes in all 28 of Aelia's Jewel colors (Color swatch here, and the base comes in my 12 wood colors. Here's a closer-up of its textures:

There is an issue, though. If you use this as a sectional rather than as separated chairs/couches, the corner piece textures like this:

I couldn't fix it without messing up how it looks as separated chairs/couches, so...yeah.

--Retextures of the base game Musee Public vase sculpture thingy. I gave it a rough earthenware texture, and it comes in Aelia's Jewel colors, too. A closer-up:

--Retextures of the "Here and There Thing" endtable from Nightlife. It has a marble-y texture, and it comes in all the Jewel colors, too. A closer-up:

--Retextures of this funky bookcase made from "recycled" drums:

It was converted from one of the TS3 stuff packs by HCove. I fussed with the texture a bit -- shiny-ing it up a little, darkening down the trim, adding some speckle to the drums -- and then colored it in the Jewel colors. It's a bit on the high-poly side -- about 2.5K -- because of its roundness, but it's fun. Oh! I also edited the shadows in the mesh to remove the groundshadow that didn't make sense, so if you happen to have this item already, you might want to use the edited mesh included instead.

--And finally, just for fun, I retextured and edited the alpha of this hair:

Because it screams "80s hair band" at me. I edited the alpha so that the ends are strandier rather than stringier, and it comes in four colors, with textures painted by me. The colors are based on Io's Isis (Black) and Pooklet's Depth Charge, Incendiary, and Pyrotechnic for brown, blond, and red. I removed the toddler, child, and elder stages because I can't see any of those ages in this hair. It's high-poly, about 16K, but it's kinda fun. There are pics of the other colors here, and turnaround pics here.

And that's all she wrote! I hope that you will find some of these things useful! Smiley
iCad/Orpheus

DOWNLOAD HERE

iCad
Kindergoth

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 10:26:39 PM »

Annnnnnnd here's my awesome gift from JulieJ! Cheesy These went right into my game, both the vintage one and the regular one. Smiley Thanks again, "Eurydice!"

It's Eurydice ...
I focused on the 50/60s theme and revamped an old AllAboutStyle 60s dress giving it new morphs and shoes. Also added 1 retexture

Also a 60s style hair converted from the Sims 3 store. Has io's colours (also threw in some Pooklet colours)

Dress - Link

Hair -Link

Hope you like them

Julie J/Eurydice Smiley

twofingerswhiskey
How Can I Make This Gayer?
Undead

In loving memory of Tux. Mar 12 2019 - Jan 26 2023

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »

Here is my gift from SkyWookiee!

They did a wonderful job giving me some new sewing room clutter (deeply needed), some wall plant recolours (of my favourite mesh!) and some Fish Packing Stations in iCad's woods! Heart burp I'll be adding all of this to my game shortly, I'm so happy to get to use these ASAP! Cheesy

You can download their gift to me here! I've also rehosted it here for those without access to MediaFire!

he/they pronouns please
livejournal // simblr //dreamwidth
Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.64 GHz,Gigabyte RTX 2080 w/8GB Dedicated/8GB Shared vRAM, G.SKILL Aegis 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI PRO B550-A Motherboard, ASUS ProArt 24" Monitor, Fractal Design Define R5 case, and one very tired Jeb
iCad
Kindergoth

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 11:12:31 PM »

I love everything in your gift, Jeb! Thank you for sharing it, and thank you, Skywookiee, for making it! Cheesy *crosses packing stations off to-do list* I've had it in the back of my head to look for a more modern-looking sewing machine, so I can strike that off my to-do list, too. Wonderful stuff!
Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 01:49:54 AM »

Hello beccabear! I'm going to start by saying that your gift to me is absolutely perfect  Smiley I'm always in the need for more face stuff for my sims so thank you for helping me add some diversity into my game. Also with all the growing families in my game at the moment, I know I will get a lot of use out of that nursery set.

Thank you so much for your gifts, they are lovely <3 Now, onto mine! This isn't everything that I planned- I had a mashup in the works but I didn't feel comfortable gifting it until I've sorted out all of its kinks- but I hope you like what I've made for you.

First up we have some recolours of Veranka's converted Boston Bedroom set, in AlfredAskew's woods and Shasta's metals where appropriate. You mentioned that you like Mid-Century Modern furniture styles so as soon as I saw that chair, I knew I had to recolour it for you. The textures are repositoried to the Double Bed and End Table A. You'll want to download Veranka's set above for all of the meshes.

Next we have some more buy mode recolours in Shasta's metals again. I recoloured Veranka's converted Potted Ferns and Veranka and TrippingTides' Techtonic Table. I included the meshes for these.

I also noticed that you like Mediterranean influences in your game so I wanted to make some things that would help with Mediterranean architecture. So I've taken some of the textures of iCad's High-Res Paint and applied them to a bunch of meshes by Windkeeper and SimsZoo (their Miami Set and Mediterranean Arch Set respectively). I only pictured one but there's 10 different arches and windows so you'll have a lot of variety. They come in four neutral tones from iCad's original paint set; Snow, Parchment, Dune, and Banana. Meshes for these are included as per SimsZoo's policy, and also because I don't want to force anyone to go to TSR while the Booty is down.

And lastly we have something special albeit last-minute, since my other gift didn't work out; I modeled you some earrings! I realise that the preview picture isn't great so here's another pic. They're available for YAF/AF/EF sims and come in four colours; black, white, gold and silver.

I could not possibly be more thrilled - everything is perfect for my game and I'm so excited to play with it all! Thank you so much for a lovely gift, hemfbg!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:06:50 AM by beccabear » Logged

hemfbg
Gutter Punk

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 04:00:05 AM »

I'm so glad that you liked my gift, beccabear! I was a bit worried during the creating period.

Hello hemfbg! I'm very excited to be your date for this event, and I had a great time making some goodies for you! Heart burp

To start with, some Bodyshop sets:
- Brows: four sets of brows in Simgaroop's colours; elders go grey
- Freckles: five layerable freckles, for all ages and both genders, in the costume makeup bin
- Moles: eight layerable face moles, for all ages and both genders, in the blush bin
- Shade and Light: three each of layerable contour and highlight blushes, for all ages and both genders

There are swatches and comparison pictures included in the download, and I've linked to some closeups of a few of the items above.

And on the build / buy side, you said you wanted content for non-adult Sims, and I thought a nursery set might be useful for your legacies. I retextured / recoloured m0xxa's Awesims Broyhill set with Apartment Life woods, some CuriousB colours, and prints from various artists on Society 6. Swatches are included in the download, as well as all of the meshes.

Download also includes some extra info and credits.

I hope you enjoy your gifts! ^_^

I just checked everything out in-game and now I can't wait to make some townies for my BACC and refurbish all my sims' nurseries. Thank you for being my date, beccabear :3

Mrs_MQuve
The Devil's Daughter
Macabre Miscreant

has my soul

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 12:35:17 PM »

I've got a love note for you all  Heart burp  Kinu's "Artificial Love" top in 10 colors.

DOWNLOAD Artificial Love Recolors

Dreamwidth | Tumblr | Pillowfort | Simblr.cc | My GoS Index
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not
Nox
Kindergoth

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2018, 03:43:12 AM »

The gifts already posted are awesome, I can't believe how creative all people are Smiley

Here's my gift from Prikkie, and if you're a cat lover like me, you'll absolutely want to grab this Cool

Dear Muad'Dib You can has flower

In your message you mentioned you like cats. So I therefore set out to create some kitty wallpapers for this special occasion:ewlove:

Set 1. Aristogatos.

Set 2. Cat And Mouse.

Set 3. Catnip Break.

Set 4. Cats Everywhere.

Set 5. Chococat.

Set 6. Circle Cat.

Set 7. Fat Cats.

Set 8. Fatty Cats.

Set 9. Gaggle Of Cats.

Set 10. Kitty Loves Music.

Set 11. Knit Whit.

Set 12. Manx And Spanx.

Set 13. Meow.

Set 14. My Messy World.

Set 15. Neko Neko.

Set 16. Study Break.

The patterns come from Colourlovers. I tried to get as many different colours and styles.
All sets come in five different colours and in two sizes, can be found under wallpaper and cost five simoleons.

I hope you like them Heart burp

No need to say, but they're going directly into my game ! Cheer
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:27:46 AM by Nox » Logged

Equinox
Engaging ramble mode...
Undead

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2018, 07:49:13 AM »

I can't see the screenshots but I'm downloading anyway because KITTIES!

My Pillowfort & My Simblr
Homes of Kulo Sena and a ridiculous amount of fantasy-worldbuilder rambling
Trapping
Party Maker
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »

My blind date was darklingTiresias and they made me several sets with focus on legacy-gameplay. I'll just paste in their description of each set above the corresponding picture. More info can be found inside the download  Big Grin

"Five recolours of klira-sims' 4t2 Bunny Boots conversion (mesh included). More toddler dresses, yay!"

"Three matching outfits for PF/CF/TF/AF, plus matching overalls for PU. (Plus one AF/TF dress and one PF dress.)"

"Two sets of t-shirts for CU-EU. The first set is five t-shirts themed around gardening (that being the first generation of the DITFT challenge)- the ones with text come in Simlish and English versions. The second set is nine music-themed shirts."

Download!

Thank you again, darklingTiresias!
And since they gave me permission to share the gift I made for them here comes even more pictures:

Please note that my old "Jedpie"-tumblr is now called "TrappingSims2". If you find an old link, replace "jedpie" with "trappingsims2" and it should work.
twofingerswhiskey
How Can I Make This Gayer?
Undead

In loving memory of Tux. Mar 12 2019 - Jan 26 2023

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2018, 10:43:55 PM »

AW YEAH, PINK FLOYD SHIRT AND GENDER CONVERSIONS! *dances happily* These gifts are all so awesome, you guys! If SkyWookiee doesn't post the gift I gave them, do I have permission to post (sharing is allowed on it) if they don't have the time? Cheesy

he/they pronouns please
livejournal // simblr //dreamwidth
Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.64 GHz,Gigabyte RTX 2080 w/8GB Dedicated/8GB Shared vRAM, G.SKILL Aegis 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI PRO B550-A Motherboard, ASUS ProArt 24" Monitor, Fractal Design Define R5 case, and one very tired Jeb
SkyWookiee
And now for something completely different
Macabre Miscreant

Dream Operator

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 01:35:37 AM »

I am going to post it, so don't worry about that.

http://skywookiee.deviantart.com/
http://skywookiee.dreamwidth.org/
I come from the net. Through systems, sims and neighborhoods to this place: Garden of Shadows. My format: .package, to mod and default replace.
Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

You hear voices, I hear music.

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 09:10:20 AM »

I have a wonderful gift to share from Queen of France. Now, that I have finished and sent my gift, I can send these new Sims to Pleasantview and see how they do.

Hello! I was your Blind Date this year. I unfortunately didn't have enough time to make all I wanted, since I got sudden crunch time dropped on me at work, but I still hope that you'll find something here that you will enjoy. Smiley

Hello!

A sporty, zombie-themed cropped top for AF with my own stencils on Eltaninz' mesh. They are categorized as everyday, athletic, underwear, and sleepwear, and the mesh (antka's version with the fat morph) is included.

Download

Next up, sims! They are packed with minimal cc - all will be using your default skins, and they are wearing Maxis clothes. They can be a bit funky when switching between genders/ages, since I focused mostly on giving them fun faces, but I had them kids with various sims in a test hood and they came out pretty dang cute, if I say so myself.

Wisteria Quackenbush
Turnaround, Fortune/Pleasure, 5/4/7/4/3

Coming from a long line of accomplished witches and renowned painters, Wisteria secretely longs for that sweet, forbidden fruit of mediocrity.

Josh Kowalski, Pleasure/Grilled Cheese, 3/7/2/8/4
Turnaround

There are few things that matter more to Josh than bowling, but one of them is that it's pronounced with a v, dammit, guys. Local legend says that if you say his name into a bowling ball three times at midnight, his face will emerge from it to ask if he can borrow some cash.

Bleach Collins, Knowledge, 6/2/10/2/8
Turnaround

Few people would guess that under Bleach's unnerving name, and high school dropout-ness, and punkish style, lies a deeply spiritual guy with a keen interest in psychology and most acclaimed books on moral philosophy read cover to cover. Bleach says little, spending most of his time either on his gardening gigs or sitting in on open university lectures, but if you can appreciate comfortable silence, there's few less judgmental and more compassionate guys. And no, he doesn't know where that nickname came from either, probably something he did while somewhat baked and hating on capitalism.

Download sims

You're welcome to share it, of course, if you'd like. Smiley

"It's hard to fight an enemy with outposts in your head." S.King
kaieir
Lurker
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2018, 11:52:09 AM »

Here's a Love Note from me to you!

These are recolors of MDP's 4t2 Shirt Open Layered for AM.

I originally made these for a certain sim, but then I decided to create more recolors for me to share ^_^
I added a little bit of shading and textures since the original recolors looked too flat for me.
(Also, I finally remembered to redownload the Compressorizer and it definitely is a life saver!)

DOWNLOAD
Mesh and swatches are included in the rar.

Swatches
1 || 2 || 3

Credits:
Meshes -  EAxis and MDPthatsme

my simblr
ZeroDark
I have made my way here...
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2018, 07:48:24 PM »

Those are really nice! Thanks, Kaieir!

Great gifts everyone Cheesy

My Dreamwidth: Zero Talent - includes TOU
My Tumblr - I Have Made My Way Here - includes Sims (gifts and reblogs), fandom, and political views (Caveat Emptor!)
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: