Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Finds Discussion Thread  (Read 32925 times)
Amalia
will always be a
Macabre Miscreant

Insert witty quote here.

« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what simNopke's unpublished mod "Improved Genetics" actually does? None of their mods come with a description and their tumblr page doesn't have an ask box.

Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark.
Imalia
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2017, 10:21:54 PM »

It Changes the genetic values of some of the hair and eyes.  It makes blonde dominant over red, but still recessive to black and brown. and changes the dominance of the dark blue eye to being the same as the light blue, and moves the green and alien eye dominance to between brown and blue.

So Hair dominance becomes Black/Brown - Blonde - Red

Eye dominance becomes Brown - Alien/Green - Dark/Light Blue - Grey
Amalia
will always be a
Macabre Miscreant

Insert witty quote here.

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2017, 11:36:10 PM »

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification! Smiley

kaieir
Lurker
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2017, 11:50:14 PM »

Many people probably know about this already, but I'm really loving the new face sliders that simNopke made ❤

my simblr
Amalia
will always be a
Macabre Miscreant

Insert witty quote here.

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2017, 02:29:09 AM »

Many people probably know about this already, but I'm really loving the new face sliders that simNopke made ❤

I second this! Cheesy I myself am looking forward to making some sims with these new sliders and Pooklet's sim randomization method.

Zora Graves
never odd or even
Macabre Miscreant

uǝʌǝ ɹo ppo ɹǝʌǝu

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »

Wow, there are actually new sliders? Someone did that as an April's fools on tumblr a few years ago and seeing that I'm reading this so close to this year's April 1st I can't quite believe it  Shocked

kaieir
Lurker
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »

Yeah, I remember Uranium-Z did that as a prank, but this time it's 100% real! I was really amazed that someone actually made it Grin

my simblr
SkyWookiee
And now for something completely different
Macabre Miscreant

Dream Operator

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2017, 02:00:38 PM »

I'm so happy about those sliders!

http://skywookiee.deviantart.com/
http://skywookiee.dreamwidth.org/
I come from the net. Through systems, sims and neighborhoods to this place: Garden of Shadows. My format: .package, to mod and default replace.
Peggster
Undead

Bingpot!

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2020, 09:04:09 PM »

I am going to necro the hell out of this thread because I want to gush about midge's updated romantic standards.
I mean, ACR and trait compatibility; a bunch of fixes; modular... The best thing about being away from the community for so long is coming back and seeing all these awesome new things!  Cheer

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2020, 10:57:05 PM »

Yessss! Someone to gush with!
I find Midge's mods really inspiring in general. It feels like her mods were created with an understanding of the gestalt of the game, not just the moment to moment interactions, or just the literal meaning of the code.

What's the coolest new/new-to-us-post-hiatus-people thing you've found so far?

Peggster
Undead

Bingpot!

« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2020, 01:32:28 AM »

Heart burp
When I first came across Midge's stuff, I basically ended up raiding their simblr. I'm especially a fan of all the supernatural mods, it's awesome to see the other life states getting some love.

I see we're asking the tough questions now XD Probably the non-default sliders. Although Skell's repository project, while not something I would use, (I don't do MM) is just genius.
What about you Alfie?

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2020, 03:24:26 AM »

Heck, I was going to say pretty much the same things! xD

The custom sliders are a huge game changer for me, obviously. I've spent way too many hours editing faces in milkshape. It's excellent not to have to do that, just because the nasal-labial fold has got a little crick in it.
And yeah, I'm all about the new supernatural mods.
I have a relatively small hard-drive right now, so Skell's repository has actually become really important to me to get me more clothing options out of fewer megabytes.

The other big one I'd throw in--that made me go run and start monologuing at my roommates about how cool Simmers are--is the Star Factory mod. I don't have use for all of it, and it's clearly a little incomplete, but I was so delighted that someone had finally brought the concept of tiered crafting to the sims.
Star Factory also implemented a kind of mod I'd wanted since 2011: it only allows you to use plumbing if you have enough water, which you get from a well, or other water-gathering object. I haven't used it yet, but I always thought it would be fun to do a farming hood with an endless summer, not enough water, and plant-sims.

Oh, oh! And there's that shader mod that gives everything depth of field and makes water look ridiculously nice. Have you seen that? I can't remember where it is off the top of my head; it's too much for my little rig to handle. It was still really amazing to see the game could look that good though.

Hermit Fox
I also respond to name "digi"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2020, 08:35:01 AM »

^ you can find the Custom post effects mod here. Esotheria-sims has a little tutorial about installing it here (I find it easier to understand than the one in the mod's page thus the link) and if you check their custom post effects mod-tag there's bunch of gorgeous pictures taken with it too. Smiley

Peggster
Undead

Bingpot!

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2020, 07:25:26 PM »

Thanks Digi Smiley I hadn't come across that particular mod. I did know that people had found a way to make ReShade work which I must admit I find very intriguing.

The custom sliders are amazing! I went and downloaded all of the ones I could get my hands on - interesting  faces FTW! I remember when non-default templates were just starting and you can get a fair few of them around now.

I had seen the star factory mod! It's not my style of game play as I do more of a plain legacy with household rotation but it's mind blowing what people are doing with such an ancient game engine.

A couple of other things I've been road testing: the 3t2 traits mod; clean ui and not a mod but something I think is really neat - the use of TSR workshop to create morphs for milkshape, I tried it over the weekend and I was only a novice back in the day but still managed to bang out two morphed mesh edits in a few hours. So really impressed.

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2020, 07:41:17 PM »

Yeah, I just installed some (but not all) of the traits mods. Haven't play-tested yet, but I'm intrigued!

Oh yeah! Clean ui is a thing I'd wanted for years. That's a heck of a big project. (I didn't install for space reasons, but I still very much approve.)

Whoa, what? I had not come across this tool. I've been daydreaming about Aquilegia's fat morphs with sexy feet and leefish's smooth hands, but I'd all but written it off as more than I could manage on my own. That sounds like a game-changer!

Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: