Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Need help to make a modification to a mod  (Read 544 times)
woahitsmaite
Kindergoth

« on: July 31, 2023, 03:40:34 PM »

Hello there, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry If it is not. So basically I'm trying to edit this calendar: https://modthesims.info/d/623218/mts-official-sims-2-calendars-for-2019.html

I want to delete some of the holidays but I'm not quite sure how to do it. First I delete the dialogue in SimPE but the notification would pop up blank, then I delete some stuff but since I don't know what to do exactly when the notification was supposed to pop it didn't but my sim glitch. So I would like to delete some of the holidays but I don't want the notification to pop up also I would like to change the names of the holidays but I think I can do that in the text string in SimPE.

Thanks in advance.
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 05:23:54 PM »

Happily, these are simple edits.

Go into the "Behavior Functions".
View the full "Behav", as it's called, in the "plugin view". (If you don't know where that is, a quick google for "Behav Plugin View Simpe" will help).
This will show a series of gray boxes linked with green and red arrows.
The behavs you want are labeled with the months of the year.
To remove the boxes that contain the dialogues you don't want (which will be labeled "Dialogue", followed by the text it will show), you'll want to redirect the arrow connections in the behav to flow around it.
In these behavs, this generally just means finding the box which is pointing to the "Dialogue", and instead telling that box to "Return True" -- that is, type "true" into the text input area labeled "True Target", to redirect the arrow from the "Dialogue" outward.
This object expects the bits of code that are named after the months of the year to all "Return True", or they will throw errors.

I'm not the best programmer in the world, and I don't have time to take screenshots right now, but maybe that helps a little?
I'm trying not to be too jargon-y in the explanation, but I fear I've made it more complicated as a result. Embarrassed

They really are nice simple edits, and this is a great object to start into behav editing with. If this is confusing, it's totally my fault not yours.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: