Pages: Prev 1 ... 742 743 [744]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sims Confessional  (Read 1236861 times)
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #11145 on: March 10, 2024, 08:30:38 PM »

GoS itself is probably older than a lot of people posting there nowadays

Haha! I hadn't realized it but you're right  Grin

PS you're my favorite sometimes-grumpy simmer Fox  Heart burp
Hermit Fox
I also respond to name "digi"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #11146 on: March 11, 2024, 12:00:36 AM »

PS you're my favorite sometimes-grumpy simmer Fox  Heart burp
Grumpy is my middle name, Hermit Grumpy Fox Grin

edited to add: I saw the supposedly leaked image of Project Rene and its sims and I have just one word for it: eww. It somehow manages to look even worse than Sims 4 and that bar was already set on the ground level if not slightly under and they still had to go and dig deeper below it. I confess I'm super disappointed but not at all surprised of this turn of events. There's still teeny tiny change that project Dolores might look and feel decent but honestly I doubt it will. Which means that after 15 years we're still not getting worthy successor for Sims 2 and that's just sad. I'm curious to see how Paralives, Life by You, Vivaland and inZoi turn out but I'm not exactly holding my breath over them either. Most of my hopes lie in inZoi since the others graphically aren't my taste but who knows yet how that'll turn out, the few videos I've seen didn't exactly wow me but I like that they keep throwing shade at the Sims series in their marketing, not downright naming anything but just talking about 'other life simulators' as if there are any others asides from Sims 4 at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 08:45:53 PM by Hermit Fox » Logged

AliKSims
Kindergoth

« Reply #11147 on: March 14, 2024, 01:42:04 AM »

I confess that I don't know what to do with Sims 2 anymore.

I was just about getting to that point... and then I ran across cool new custom content for my game (Tvickiesims' 4t2 crystal conversions and Lord Crumps's functional treehouse) and that's enough to make me want to start playing again. >.<

I will also confess that I love putting out CC and stuff but I miss playing the game for real and it's hard trying to find that happy middle ground between the two. I really hope I can like, have fun playing for real again soon Sad

^This here is definitely more my issue, because I want all the colors for all the things, but recoloring takes SO LONG. >.> (Especially since even when I redid my object colors I still couldn't manage to pare it down below 110 colors. ;;;>.>)

One of these days maybe I'll figure out how to make a macro to shorten the procedure, but for now I keep slowly plugging away at it as a way to de-stress the exceedingly compulsive side of my brain. ;;;>.<
Hermit Fox
I also respond to name "digi"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #11148 on: March 14, 2024, 06:10:23 PM »

I was just about getting to that point... and then I ran across cool new custom content for my game (Tvickiesims' 4t2 crystal conversions and Lord Crumps's functional treehouse) and that's enough to make me want to start playing again. >.<

Custom content was what kept my interest in the game this far too but now that it's endless stream of Sims 4 conversions I no longer have that going for me since I really can't stand the art style and the blocky meshes. Great for everybody who likes it, not so great for anybody (like me) who hates it. And considering how the leaked image from Sims Rene looks like I guess that's not about to change any time soon either so I'm not going to say Sims is dead for me but..... it's not exactly alive for me either? It's hibernating, waiting for its new renaissance or something like that. I'm just unsure if that'll ever actually come.

I confess I want to do something for the monthly theme but have no idea what. Head empty, no thoughts. Huh?

souberbielle
Kindergoth

« Reply #11149 on: March 18, 2024, 05:50:45 PM »

I've been playing this game since it came out, and I've never, not even once, built a house that's not one story.
PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #11150 on: March 21, 2024, 10:07:01 PM »

I confess that after taking months off from playing/creating (or even opening the game), upon returning I decided to delete all content that is not originally made for TS2 (with the exception of a few TS3 clothing and object meshes).  Rehabbing old TS2 object meshes (and tweaking outdated mods) for my game had already been something that was keeping me busy prior to the hiatus, and also brought out the nostalgia of just how cool it used to be to have loads of original TS2 content to download... which I kind of took for granted.  

This is not a newer conversions versus original content type of thing for me, it is more of a personal feeling of wanting to play *my* TS2 game in a more authentic way to how I used to play back-in-the day, in hopes of recapturing the true joy I felt when playing.

So, I've had a lot of fun downloading old content (as well as content from newer creators who have an old TS2 vibe/style), and revisiting the clothing and various CAS content from long retired creators that I used to adore.  Kickin' it old-school has been such a refreshing change... I'm even back to using original TS2 Maxis hairs/add-ons/store hairs (albeit with improved colors and textures in some cases) and Maxis-like hair from other creators'.  Even started editing old hair meshes and making clothing for my game too.  Smiley

I confess that I hesitate to host something here because what if participation is so small that someone makes a simsecret saying we are flogging a dead horse or something similar  Sad

Eh, to hell with what other people say... do what you feel like doing!   Wink

Confession: Realizing I'm choosing paint colors for my real life house that are basically cluedo/yeti palette colors huh

This is cute...

I was also considering hosting a sim challenge this month but I literally blinked and it was already the 8th day so I missed the first day of the month mark. Could still do it by simply starting mid way of the month and just continue till the end of April to give folks bit more time to submit their Sims.

Honestly, I'd love this.  Your sim related challenges have been very enjoyable.  Cool

Even though I rarely share custom content anymore (which was the first step in getting back into just playing), a sim challenge is definitely something I can participate in.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:20:31 PM by PenelopeT » Logged

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #11151 on: May 14, 2024, 06:50:27 PM »

Pen, thank you for your kind support re my last confessions  Heart burp

I confess this is one of the best replies I've read in a long time!? Like just the whole vibe!? Could I ever emulate this energy!?
Pages: Prev 1 ... 742 743 [744]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: