Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good Genes Challenge: New Gene Pool  (Read 9158 times)
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2022, 08:48:06 AM »

Andreva, wow! Rank is androgynously super cool and thank you for dipping your toe in the new pool (swimming pun)  Wink
PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2022, 06:25:40 PM »

I chose Angela Angler and Jericho Front to start things off.  Angela's genetics were pretty strong as one of the twins her offspring Carver had with Aimee Blackwell kept some of Angela's features (around the mouth), while the other twin did not. 

In the end, Jared came along and I am pretty happy with how he turned out, and plan on adding him to one of my playing 'hoods. 

Please note, I did not remove my default and geneticized skintones for this challenge. 

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
Aureliana
Kindergoth

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2022, 06:12:55 AM »

I chose Cuthbert Kissalot and crossed him with the CC-Free Pretties.

In the end end I got Rick Kissalot.

I like the first spawn Samuel the most, he looks so adorable. Georgia and Rick came out pretty too. In the end I extracted all three. You can download them here.
horusmenhosetix
Kindergoth

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2022, 09:38:25 PM »

Hi everyone, long time lurker but I love this challenge and wanted to participate this time! Everyone's entries are all so interesting!
I fudged it a little and accidentally used a maxis sim, pleasantview townies got added to my Tumbleton and I used the matchmaker to find all the spouses and I forgot he was a maxis townie.  doh Hopefully this entry is still ok? If not, i'll delete the post and maybe try again if I have the energy.

Here's the family tree! Talin's genes ended up being extremely dominant but Ramen did get their grandfather's/mother's eyes and mouth, and Emma's elf ears. Fun fact; Pool, Udon and Shirataki all had lilac as their favourite colour! Ramen's favourite is Lime green. I also named all the children after types of noodles. Huh??

If you would also like the borked Alin genes that just won't quit, the heirs are all downloadable here!
Shaye
Undead

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2022, 06:29:27 AM »

Hi Everyone!
This Challenge is always so much fun.  Grin
First off, everyone's offspring look amazing and such great photos.

Here is my first entry
The Angler Family

The Pretty Sims I chose are Micha Anderson, Venus Sixamian and Oscar Wolfe.
The only changes are my default skin tones and I don't have alien eyes so chose the darkest eyes I have.
Hope that's okay and Venus downloaded with the glasses she is wearing in her photo.

Big Thanks to Amalia and Morganess for creating them.  thanks

Veni and Oscar had two offspring, Oz and Omah.

I chose Omah as the one I want to showcase for the Challenge.

A Bonus photo of Oz.  ^_^

discombobulatedmirrortron
Gutter Punk

from galactico

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2022, 11:09:17 PM »

Ya girl's rusty as hell but I can't resist Good Genes!

My first(?) attempt was with Ms. Pool Noodle herself. I actually managed to get lucky with Smoke and his red hair, but I ended up losing it pretty quickly. Got super confused (and thought my game broke) with Metal's hair color before I realized Pool had brown Grin. I had the hardest time getting rid of those Noodle eyes but Boss turned out super cute!

Pool & Venus
Smoke & Victor
Metal & Katherine
Boss

I'll package up Boss for download and hopefully have him up by tomorrow, if not before the deadline!
Boss is up here! He'll use your default brown eyes and S1 skin!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 11:25:21 AM by discombobulatedmirrortron » Logged

entwinedlove
Grimly Fiendish
Kindergoth

aka BeatriceCrumplebottom

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2022, 12:32:37 AM »

I did all four! I used the 10 pretty sims here as well as Claire Schreiber and Olga Rosenstein (my contributions to Tumbleton and previous Good Genes results!) Unfortunately, none of my resulting sims are super cute to me. This round of starting sims had really strong genes, I guess. I'm loving everyone else's results, though!

Paulo has Emilia Clarke eyebrows, and so do his siblings. The brows I gave him hide most of the issue. I didn't see where they got them from until I looked a little closer at Jericho.

I was really hoping to get blonde or red hair here, but Oscar's black hair just proved too much to overcome. I am pleased that I was able to keep Venus's ears, and I think Ocher is sort of cute, if his face didn't cave in where his nose should be,  Wink. I couldn't shake the eyebrows.

Michelo is the only one who came out with normal eyebrows in his family, but he's got perpetual chipmunk cheeks and duckface lips.

I was quite excited to see Cod's birthmark skin, I think he'll be the first with a birthmark since I put the skins in my game. It's not saying much, since I haven't truly done a lot of playing since I did that. Kodiak is actually the best looking out of her siblings, and that's not saying much. Both of Jersey's siblings had the antennae eyes that stuck out from their faces. Jersey's got the super pointy chin, but at least his eyes are actually in their sockets.
clairsy
Gutter Punk

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2022, 03:39:25 AM »

Hi,

I'm keen to enter this since I've never done it before but I don't really understand how?

shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2022, 08:36:06 AM »

I'm keen to enter this since I've never done it before but I don't really understand how?

clairsy, I've never participated myself so I'm not the best person to answer. Hopefully one of our experienced GG'ers will reply  Wink

PenelopeT, Jared has such a sweet boy-next-door vibe
Aureliana, I'm delighted that 1st Gen Samuel is your favorite, he's a cutie
horusmenhosetix, I love the noodle names SO MUCH and I'm so happy you joined the challenge (welcome!)
Shaye, Oz and Omah are both gorgeous and you have lovely defaults. Veni is also gorgeous
discombobulatedmirrortron, first of all, I admire the time/energy it must have taken to curate your hair default replacements, they're MM beautiful! Secondly, Boss has a cool name and a cool look
entwinedlove, I have to say Fishy Jr. made me laugh, it's not just the eyes OR the ears, it's the crewcut!?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 11:31:51 AM by shastakiss » Logged
massika
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2022, 07:04:56 AM »

I love the Good Genes Challenges!
Here's my contribution with Culbart:

My favorite is Nooboo Kissalot. None of Muriƫls children (3) had her mouth, I was a bit disappointed by that.
The most pretty Sims I think is Coral, but I prefer Nile because of the ears and my soft spot for big ears.

(I did not remove my default replacement face presets and skins)

Download Nooboo, Coral and Nile HERE
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:17:33 AM by massika » Logged

Morganess
Restless Spirit &
Gloom Cookie

Blood, guts, and angel cake

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2022, 08:43:58 AM »

I love all the spawns so far! I can't choose a favorite, they're all so cute! I especially love seeing Venus's children because she's my legacy founder, and seeing her in your defaults is super interesting. Veni must be one of my favorites, although she's not the final spawn. The non-alien eyes fit them both so well!  Heart burp

I can't wait to do this challenge myself!  Cheesy I want to stream it but I've been too busy and tired every day so far, so I'll have to see when I have the time to do this. I wonder if double posting would be allowed here, in case I want to show off the offspring one by one, in separate posts? I can post two at a time as well, if that's an issue.

Hi,

I'm glad you're interested! Taking part is quite easy, actually:

1. First, download one of the more interesting looking sims showcased in the first post.

2. Second, you'll need some "pretties" as we often like to call them. That means the more normal looking simmies. In this challenge, you'll need at least 3 in case you don't mind same sex pairings (in the wondrous world of The Sims, making babies and basic reproductive biology don't necessarily go hand in hand). You can choose these sims from the 10 showcased in the second post or have a look at all the residents and townies of Tumbleton, for which a link has also been provided. Choose your favorites and download them. I also recommend jotting down their names and features somewhere, so it's easier to find them in game.

3. Install the sims you have downloaded so far using the method of your choice. For this, I recommend installing Sims2Pack Clean Installer, but it's not necessary since none of the sims provided come with custom content or any other nasty surprises (Clean Installer is handy if you want to remove content you don't need from a package of files).

4. Open your game. To make things easier, I also recommend creating a whole new neighborhood just for this challenge. Next, go into that neighborhood, create a family (or several) and find the sims you chose for the challenge in the bin where saved sims are located (the icon has six sims stacked together, just above the name box and next to the randomize button). This is why I recommended jotting down their features, so you can more easily find them, especially if your "sim storage" is very full or you don't have hiders for premades. Create all the sims you need this way. Your breeding party should then be complete!

5. Move the family onto a lot and start the challenge! Choose the first pretty sim to pair up with whomever you chose from the more interesting looking sims, and breed them according to instructions. I chose to use Sir Fishington as an example:

Sir Fishington + pretty no. 1 = max 2 offspring, choose 1 (A)
Offspring A + pretty no. 2 = max 2 offspring, choose 1 (B)
Offspring B + pretty no. 3 = max 2 offspring, choose a favorite and show them off here!

Usually I like to choose the more interesting looking one as the first offspring, but for the second I like to play safe and choose the prettier one. It's only about how much you like to gamble with the genetics and/or how much you care about shedding the genes of our unconventionally beautiful starters. The important thing is to remember to use each sim only once!

6. Take pictures of all the sims you used and the final offspring, create a family tree with them (it doesn't have to be anything fancy) and show us the results! Use the ones posted here as guidelines and examples of how you'd like to go about this.

7. Repeat the process for any other starters if you'd like, but remember again to use different sims.

Also, something I'd like to point out, it makes the challenge so much easier if you use mods such as Sim Manipulator or Sim Blender, in addition to "Create baby with X" (a crib mod to fast and easily make babies between two sims). These help a ton in making the breeding and growing up faster.

Sorry this turned out so long, I hope it helped and hopefully I didn't forget anything important!  ^_^

shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2022, 10:24:10 AM »

massika, I like Nile too and I'm impressed Culbart's nose stayed thru all the generations

Morganess, thank you for the how-to! I learned a lot from it myself, very useful. I hope you can participate

And we changed the rule about double-posting:
Double-posting is not allowed to bump your question (e.g. WCIFs or Wishing Tree requests).
Double-posting is allowed if you're uploading something or sharing useful information in one of the consecutive posts.

Challenge entries count as useful information  Wink
horusmenhosetix
Kindergoth

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2022, 11:04:07 AM »

@clairsy Morganess covered this way better than me but I wrote this before I saw it.. I just plop my chosen sim down on a lot and then, this time, call the matchmaker to find someone from the Tumbleton townie pool to begin the breeding process xD If you want to speed up the process even more you can choose your specific sim you want to breed them with and summon them to the lot with the summon shrub or something like that. Then I use the inseminator to impregnate and then accelerate the pregnancy and age up the spawns. Rinse and repeat! Hopefully this helps a little!

@shastakiss thank you! The noodle names were very fun to find, and learn about different types of noodle! Did you know there's a noodle called Cellophane or Glass Noodles that are see through when cooked? xD
@discombobulatedmirrortron Those names are so cool! Boss is such a chad name for a baby lmao
@Shaye Oz and Omar are both super cute!        
@massika Ah those are such cute offsprings!
Morganess
Restless Spirit &
Gloom Cookie

Blood, guts, and angel cake

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2022, 01:47:26 PM »

I'm glad my degree in teaching comes in handy sometimes.  Grin

Good to know we're allowed to double post! I'll definitely participate, it seems I might finally have time on the weekend. I'm so looking forward to it!  Cheesy

hemfbg
Gutter Punk

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2022, 03:01:09 AM »

I chose Culbart Kissalot as my starter sim, and found every other parent via the Matchmaker.  Pola Kit and Freya Hayman are Tumbleton locals, and Ella Edwards is one of the provided CC-Free pretties.

Introducing... Hegemon "Hedge" Kissalot!

I like how he has some of Culbart's features (the nose, chin, and jawline), with them softening somewhat over the generations.

You can download a CC-free version of him here!

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: