Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good Genes Challenge: New Gene Pool  (Read 9157 times)
Shaye
Undead

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2022, 05:30:50 AM »

Here is my second entry
The Kissalot Family

The Pretty Sims I chose are Jeffrey Tyler, Jericho and Katherine Barton.

Jace and Katherine had two offspring, Kat and Kobe.

It was difficult to decide, but I'm choosing Kobe as the one I want to showcase for the Challenge.

When one sibling is trying to strike a serious pose and the other sibling can't keep a straight face.   Grin

*Happy Thanksgiving Everyone*
Gobble! Gobble!

duoxeion
I miss you
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2022, 01:18:47 PM »

The final spawn is Nicolet! She's mostly a clone of Tai (other than Rosie's nose) but she was the only one of her generation without Angela's insane eyebrows.

Velvetina
Gutter Punk

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2022, 12:31:31 AM »

I swear something doesn't want me to play this game again. I fell really ill a while ago, and when I got better, my game started getting lots of pink flashing, random crashes, LAG, and despite a massive cleaning, I still can't find the culprit  Angry
Anyway! I picked Sir Fishington, used the crystal ball and all the generations ended up being a bunch of bathtub pirates.

Fishington chin and all, my favorite is Stella. I really wanted someone to inherit her eyeshape but everyone got Jericho's wah
I picked Simon for the final spawn. Somehow he came out really babyfaced and barely looking like his parents, which is why I picked him over his sister. Here he is being a bathtub pirate!

Stella, Sabrina and Simon can be downloaded HERE!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 07:06:59 PM by Velvetina » Logged
Morganess
Restless Spirit &
Gloom Cookie

Blood, guts, and angel cake

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2022, 05:52:35 PM »

I did the Anglers first! For Angela's bloodline, I chose ship-related names. Because I think it's fun to have a name theme in these challenges. Also, I like pretending I'm funny.

Angela got paired up with Arthur Haydon of Tumbleton. Of their offspring, I chose Dandy. She fell in love with Eliz Lance of Tumbleton. Their offspring, Hullda, still had some of Angela's unfortunate features... A smile fit for a toothpaste commercial, to be precise. Anyhow, Hullda made two beautiful sons with Rufus Leaking of Tumbleton, of whom Derrick was my favorite.

By the way... I had a very specific genetic "plan" to get the most variety in the final offspring as possible. If you're as obsessed with The Sims 2 genetics as I am and want the details, here they are:

Angela has red hair and gray eyes, therefore her genetic makeup is "hhee" (recessive hair, recessive eyes). I chose another sim with "hhee" genetics as her mate. Therefore, their offspring will for certain be "hhee" as well. If the offspring is then paired up with a "HHEE" sim (dominant hair - brown or black - and dominant eyes - brown, alien or dark blue), their offspring will end up being "HhEe". If this offspring is then paired up with a "hhee" sim, their offspring may end up being "HhEe" (dominant hair, dominant eyes), "hhEe" (recessive hair, dominant eyes), "Hhee" (dominant hair, recessive eyes) or "hhee" (recessive hair, recessive eyes). That's the maximum number of combinations I could count for genetic variety, which I wanted for this challenge.

(For the record, Derrick's brother had blond hair. If I didn't have a mod which changes the relation between red and blond hair, he could have had red hair as well.)

The trick is to first pair them up with a sim with the same genetic makeup as them, and then go the opposite way on the next generation, and finally ending up with a "hhee" pairing.

Hope that's interesting to someone else as well, and not too complicated!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 06:23:39 PM by Morganess » Logged

massika
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2022, 08:43:43 AM »

My second attempt, now with Sir Fishington:

Beau still has a lot of Sir's features. He has his shape of face and his upperlip and ears.

You can download him HERE
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 12:21:42 PM by massika » Logged

Morganess
Restless Spirit &
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2022, 12:02:36 PM »

The Fishingtons were second on my list. For their bloodline, fish-related names were used.

As soon as I saw Tris Callow of Tumbleton, I knew I wanted to use her in this challenge. Sir Fishington found her equally as adorable. Together they made Barrycuda. Him and Andrea Jones of Tumbleton found love with each other and had a son, Pike. He was then enamored with Bebe Flaym of Tumbleton, and as a result of their affair, Eela was born.

strawberryJAM
Kindergoth

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2022, 12:25:34 PM »

I don't download many sims, so I am almost confident that May's mom is from Tumbletown.  I tried looking for her name again and got frustrated.  Amelia's genes were strong, so I lost Angela's mouth right away.  For naming, I tried to think of both fishing (Fissure) and angles (Tri).  May is just a mash-up and if talking fast, she could be Mangler.  

Edited to add links.  Unfortunately, I have no clue where May ended up.  I couldn't find her in bodyshop, so I may have done something wrong in the Simpe step.

Fissure:  http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3588480/ SFS
Tri: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3588476/ SFS
May:  http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3588715/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 10:35:47 AM by strawberryJAM » Logged
strawberryJAM
Kindergoth

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2022, 12:53:07 PM »

After Prince inherited the brown eyes, I started to wonder if all the "pretties" and the Tumbletown residents all had brown eyes.  Tarakoi got her name because she's an earthbound (Terra) fish (koi).  I am not positive where Leanna got the freckly skin, but her chin is definite Fishington.  Although their older brother had the Sixamian ears, she was the most unique of the accidental quadruplets, having light freckly skin, non-brown eyes and a square-ish eye shape.  Unfortunately, none of the quads had alien skin and I'm always disappointed when the recessive red hair does not win out.  Although, when I finally aged Leanna up, Tarakoi was again pregnant....

Edited to add SFS links.

Prince: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3588478/
Tarakoi: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3588475/
Leanna: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3588471/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 10:14:25 PM by strawberryJAM » Logged
nosferatuman
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2022, 07:42:38 PM »

I'm very glad this challenge is back! Morganess, those are very interesting looking sims, congratulations!
However this time I need to write a brief report here because this one took me a lot longer than any other GG challenge.

1) This was a lot of work! All because I picked this damned townie named Hermione Kissinger as the first gen parent, and SHE HAS THE WEAKEST GENES OF ANY SIM IN HISTORY! All 3 attempts came out looking exactly like Culbart.

2) I chose the only girl of the trio, since gender was the only difference between them. Amalia's Jeffrey Tyler only managed to pass on his eyes and brows, but I was too frustrated with the 1st gen to try a second offspring before continuing.

3) Next was Mama Mayfield. Her bio said she loves everyone she meets, and truly, Murdoch has a face only a Mama could love. But at last! Mama, unlike Hermione, has impressively dominant genes. Their first daughter looked exactly like her, except for the blonde hair inherited from Jeffrey through her father's recessive hair color gene. A pretty clone of Mama would be too boring to post, so I tried a second offspring and got a fairly great mix of features in Earwyn. I even think I might add him to my game.

4) Tumbleton is now filled with sims carrying Culbart Kissalot genes, and that must only qualify as a biological catastrophe.

PS: I'm just now noticing that this is, by far, the most queer coded group of sims I ever managed to gather into a single household, and I'm sincerely impressed that it was entirely accidental.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 10:23:59 AM by nosferatuman » Logged
Morganess
Restless Spirit &
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2022, 03:08:24 PM »

I did the Kissalots third and used any water-related names (weather, bodies of water, etc.) I could think of to name the offspring. Marshall might seem like an exception, but I just thought it would fit since it has "marsh" hidden in it (I know, I'm hilarious).

Also, I just now realized I misread the instructions and thought you could only produce 2 offspring per generation... Oh well, the results were pleasing anyway.

Culbart was first paired with Katherine Barton. Together they made Marshall, who unfortunately barely inherited any of Katherine's gorgeous features. He fell in love with Amy Cash of Tumbleton. Their son Storm then hit it off with Robin House of Tumbleton. The result was River, who, despite Culbart's stubborn genetics, turned out quite the cutie!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 04:40:19 PM by Morganess » Logged

nosferatuman
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2022, 10:20:45 AM »

2nd entry. Gen 4 is almost identical to gen 3, but I did like the result.

Morganess
Restless Spirit &
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2022, 02:18:16 PM »

Last but not least, I did the Noodle family. The children were named after shades of blue, because water is blue (it's not) and/or I guess Pool used to be blue before she lost her colors (tragic backstory is tragic).

I wanted to see what kind of offspring I could make with Jericho, so I chose him to breed with Pool (then again, his genes didn't carry out very far anyway). The reasons were purely due to curiosity and not any kind of bias towards my own sims, also, he had the kind of genetics I was looking for to mix with Pool's. Well, they made Lapis and Lazuli, of whom I chose Lapis to continue the bloodline. He found Tumbleton's Angie Hunter super duper cute (so did I, just look at her!), and so, Navy was born. He then got together with Christa Gally of Tumbleton. The result was Sky, who I must say is probably my favorite spawn in the entire challenge!

massika
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2022, 12:32:34 PM »

My attempt with Pool Noodle.
I was in a rebellious mood and changed all the genders of the participants.

I was trying to keep Eliz' ears but that didn't work out, also all offsprings have a weird upperlip. If you zoom in you'll see. I'm not sharing them for this reason.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 02:39:02 PM by massika » Logged

Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

You hear voices, I hear music.

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2022, 06:49:50 PM »

Avy and I went to Tumbleton. It's taking us for-evvvv-er since Avy likes to play and likes to check everything out. She especially likes sending our Sims to the park lately. We giggle, Say OMG a lot, and take way too many pics of what the Sims are up to. But we have our fun.
I put in clean hood templates so that we'd have the townies that come with Tumbleton, so hopefully we don't have any Maxis spewed townies yet.
Sir Fishington is my first offering. Pool Noodle (whom Avy just loves for some reason) has some fresh twins we can't wait to see grow up.

Sir, Pike, and Sax all had three children. Saxon, our contender, is the only one of all of them that didn't look more like a fish.
Seriously - I was beginning to think we needed a pool, not a house.

"It's hard to fight an enemy with outposts in your head." S.King
Inzey
Undead

Hoarder

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2022, 06:03:45 PM »

This looked so fun, I just had to join in Smiley The entries before me looks so cool, and I might have to download a few to populate a hood.

Angela Angler had three kids with Anna Winkwell, and really lucked out with Zachary. His two siblings came out with Angela's mouth, and looked quite strange.
Zachary had three kids with Sydney Carmichael, and from them I chose Burke.
Burke had two kids with Tess Ness, and I ended up choosing Delilah due to her face structure.

Let me know if the image is too big, I couldn't find any rules about the size.

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: