Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gradient Recolor of a Hair Mesh?  (Read 3812 times)
Ash the Heretic
« on: May 01, 2009, 01:50:04 AM »

(Edit: Yup, it didn't like my apostrophes. I don't know why. But its fixed now. I am adding them back in.)

Hey everyone! I've been a bit reluctant to post this request since I always feel like I'm imposing when I ask anyone for anything, haha, but here I sit with the rules open in one tab and this post in another making sure I do this absolutely right. I'm sure mods have better things to do than bust me for being forgetful or ignorant of rules. ^_^

Anyways, my Sims are all characters, either of mine from my stories or my book, or of others (books, video games, etc). I have one character, a necromancer named Ayame Shizuka, whom I've been able to replicate in the Sims almost exactly, except for one thing: her hair. The character is an adult half-Japanese, half-Russian; she has long and slightly wavy black hair, which begins to grow in dark blue as a result of the necromantic magic she uses degrading her body... but you aren't interested in the story. Tongue

I have searched GoS, Mod the Sims 2, The Sims Resource and the Sims2Wiki Table of Contents. I have found a lot of gorgeous gradient hairs, especially on this forum, but none of them transition from midnight blue at the root to black at the ends, and none of them are on a mesh that I like or that suits the character. So I hunted for a mesh that I like, but I'm not sure that some of the ones I found would be easy to do a gradient on. So this is a matter of, "I like them both, please recolor whichever is easiest and most convenient for you." And if you're wondering why I'm not doing it, well... all I'm good at is copy-pasting, and my photo editing software is nowhere near capable of creating a gradient or anything near that fancy. =/ The rules say to post a picture of what I want, but as far as I know, what I want doesn't EXIST where I can download it. XD However, this recolor by the wildly talented SnowWhite does awesome gradients as well as a very nice dark blue.

This mesh is awesome... and I think it was just retextured here at GoS.

This mesh is not only awesome but kind of perfect, but I don't know how easy it is to put a gradient on wavy hair.

Also, do I need to find an example of the dark blue color? XD I mean, in my head, just a pretty midnight blue, fairly straightforward... but please do let me know, since as I mentioned before I don't want to be too vague / break rules / piss anybody off. ^_^ Thanks soooo much and if somebody could do this I'd be super grateful!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:31:18 PM by shastakiss » Logged
Penny
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:11:16 AM »

The first mesh, the straight one, has crazy-ass-devil-mapping and is beyond my skillz in retexturing/colouring but the second I can do.

How much of the hair do you want to be dark blue? Also is it dark blue from the top of her head or from the end?

Edit: Also the Peggy mesh is pay and I'm having trouble finding it in the booty. It would be a good idea if you could link to where we can find it. Nevermind, I can grab Snowwhite's RT and snag it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:17:14 AM by Penny » Logged

Darling Bones @ LJ
My Downloads
You are so fragile and thin, standing trial for your sins. Holding onto yourself the best you can.
You are the smell before rain. You are the blood in my veins
Ash the Heretic
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »

Ooooh yay you are fabulous! *dances*

D: Sorry, I should have posted it for you!

As for the blue, maybe it starts to fade into black around the ears? It's blue from the top of her head, which is why I couldn't find anything like it; most unnatural gradients are a natural color at the top and turn unnatural toward the ends.
Delirium
YAY! i'm a freakin
Macabre Miscreant

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 03:59:20 AM »

Awesome Cheesy

[|.SometimesWhatWeFearMostHasAllreadyHappenedToUs.|]
Penny
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 07:05:25 AM »

K, so I'm having some issues with the mapping/textures of the peggy hair so I'm experimenting with other similar hairs. If anyone wants to step in with better skillz - feel free.

Darling Bones @ LJ
My Downloads
You are so fragile and thin, standing trial for your sins. Holding onto yourself the best you can.
You are the smell before rain. You are the blood in my veins
SnowWhite
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 01:14:32 PM »

I might have a play around with the wavy Peggy hair later. ^_^

Ash the Heretic
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 01:18:12 AM »

D: My computer absolutely REFUSED to load this site last night and earlier today... I don't know what changed.

Penny, I'd ask if you wanted me to find a different hair, but I'm obviously lacking in talent with this whole mappy/textury/colory thing, so I think I'll keep my lack of expertise out of your way unless you ask for it.  XD

SnowWhite: Yaaaay!
llama-llama
Kindergoth

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 05:01:56 AM »

ill have a go but i cant promise nothing coz' im just starting to get the hang of recoloring stuff but ill try  CX
SnowWhite
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 12:40:02 PM »

Well...I've given this a go and I think this is what you asked for but if you want anything changing then just speak up...

Ash the Heretic
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 01:00:02 AM »

Lol yup, that's what I asked for! Cheesy I like it!
SnowWhite
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »

Ok then...well I had a look at it in-game just make sure it looks ok...

And it can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mfjanj5zdwm I included the mesh...

Enjoy!

Ash the Heretic
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »

Cheesy SWEEEET! Thank you so much! I will post a pic of my sim once I get it on her <3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: