Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: alpha edit/retexture custom hair  (Read 3056 times)
ImSoBored
« on: October 19, 2009, 12:45:53 PM »

I searched for tutorials but only found some for making new meshes/conversions and editing the hairs that came with the game, but I just want to alpha edit and maybe retexture a custom hair I downloaded.
So assuming this doesn't already exists and isn't already right under my nose and I just can't find it for whatever stupid reason...
How do I open a custom hair in a program to edit it?
In case it is done without these programs, any way to preview what I'm doing rather than saving, going ingame and doing it over if I fucked up?
What program should I use for this? I have CTU, do I need TSR workshop for this or can I go on using CTU?
I have PSP 8 and GIMP, are those ok for this?(since PSP doesn't really seem to work with RGB and alpha channels in a way that could work with making things for TS3 and in gimp editing the file changes the alpha channel apparently)

-Thanks to anyone who can help Smiley
zveki
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:09:00 AM »

omg please help him i wanna know too........
skeletalscreams
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »

when i don't know of any tutorials but i can tell you how
or at least how i know too, the only thing with this way is that it will replace the original hair

you will need s3pe

what you do is open up s3pe, then file - open

find the file that you want and then click open

now what you have to do is go threw the image files and find the ones you need, so the alpha,control,specular, and such
you can look at them by clicking the view button at the bottom

once you find the one you need click on it and then go to Resource - Export - To file

do your editing thing then import the files back where they were

once all the files are replaced go to file - save
and that's it

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: