Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blind Date 2016 Gifts  (Read 90092 times)
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 06:00:14 AM »

My official date had to drop.  That's sad and I hope you're feeling better, Veetie, real-life health trumps just about everything, but I don't even feel a little bit disappointed because this happened:

Since your wishlist is not the most typical wishlist, I decided to ask all our dates who said they were available as SBDs if they could make one little gift for Perdita, I was hoping maybe 3-4 would say yes...
Hat, every single SBD who responded said yes   Heart burp
I am so touched by everyone's generosity, especially since they were all willing to time-travel to the 14th century!

While I was still going "What" and "how?" my first Super Date showed up.

Hello! I'm very sorry to hear that your original date didn't work out as you wished, but I hope your super blind dates can help make up for that!

I've made you some makeup, as you might have guessed. I hope very dearly that everything is period-appropriate, but I'm certainly no expert! Embarrassed

To start with, two eyebrows, smudged high up on the forehead as was apparently the fashion back then, and the requisite white powder, found in full-face makeup. I also made a hairline blush in two tones, a lipstick in four colours, an eye accent, and an eyeshadow in eight shades. Not shown in the preview, but included, is a black teeth mask.

Lastly, I recoloured the Maritime eyes you specified in your wishlist! There are eight browns, and I also whipped up two extra blues and greens while I was at it.

There are swatches galore as well as more information included in the download.

Many thanks to the creators whose bits and pieces I fiddled with, and I wish you a very happy belated Valentine's Day! Heart burp

Oh my gosh you guys, just look at that blush.  Look at that eyeshadow.  One of my two big downloading projects (as opposed to making stuff myself) is to make my Far East vacation hood Properly Japanese instead of Asian Mishmash, and Beccabear has kicked off the makeup department beautifully.  And oh, gosh, those Maritime eys.  All the browns are just gorgeous, warm-toned and beautifully diverse.  

And then this happened:

I'm very happy to send you Whispers' gift on their behalf  Smiley

Panaquolus' Maritime eyes in five shades of brown

download

Even more awesome brown eyes!  Beccabear's set includes some gold ones, but I hadn't even conceived of the moon-pale browns Whispers came up with.  And although the only non-fantasy Maritime eye recolor I made myself that I'm happy with is my flinty black, Whispers' brown-black is actually a totally different shade!

But Shasta's PM wasn't over yet.

I'm also very happy to send you a surprise (!) gift from HugeLunatic (who isn't a SBD, they just wanted to join in because they're awesome like that)  Smiley

did someone mention needing fence post lamps?

did someone also mention liking anything with skellies?

download

I know, right?  Just wanted to join in!  And what an incredibly versatile but period-appropriate fencepost lamp!  And the ridiculous cartoony hands, look at those, I love them, I'm going to need forty-seven wicked witches or a cult of the Grim Reaper so I can put them everywhere.

But wait, there's more!

And here's a gift from me  Smiley
Your unabridged wishlist mentioned peasant-y build objects and windows without glass

recolors of windkeeper's Tavern door and window, I added a matching arch

leather window covering?

what is this slightly translucent material? parchment? mica? waxed linen? we just don't know
It looks better in a wall, the preview is overlit

'dark' sort of goes with sherahbim's Tudor cottage walls
'grey' is from Amaryll's bed (thank you!) and kind of works with k8's Pirate Bay
rustic, Tudor, and weathered

download (meshes included with thanks)

Because Shasta had a gift, too!  And these are fantastic and simple and look weathered without looking beat to hell or splintery.  I'm delighted.

... What is that, eight pictures?  Okay, great, haven't hit the single-post limit just yet, because...

Hi! I'm one of your SBD's. My gift's tiny, but I hope it'll be of use to you.

I made you two sets of fence-post light recolours. Set 1 is wood textures and uses Pooklet's colours (I also included the unnaturals, but they're clearly named so you can delete then if they don't fit your game); set 2 is metal textures with AlfredAskew's Wire and Solder colours.

Download

I hope you enjoy these, and other gifts you'll be receiving.
Feel free to share

ClericalRodent recolored what happens to be the only Maxis fence light I actually use (the rest are too electric or too Old West).  I can light things up outside and have colors match things!  I can light things up outside,  it gets really dark when you limit yourself to 'lights that look like they could plausibly be on fire.'

But wait!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:57:41 AM by shastakiss » Logged

Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 06:03:13 AM »

Because there are far too many incredibly awesome people on Garden of Shadows, Shasta gave me permission to double-post for this.  Which, when I thought about it, makes more sense than permission to break the ten-pics-per-post rule.

And I need to break rules, because...

Hat, I was so pleased to be able to make something for you. I truly hope you like it!

This is 4 recolors of the Maxis Dresser - Supreme Cabinet of the Lesser Things. I really put on my Hat ... hat for making these. The art should all be from medieval Japan, except for recolor 3 which is from the Edo period but I thought your courtesans might find it useful.  Big Grin

Japanese woodwork is big on heavy grains but I found that overwhelming, so I just did it on the front bottom panels. They also have dark, natural stains - so I broke my heart for your authenticity! There's not a bleached wood to be found.

I'd be honored if you'd share this!

Download
Download PSD

Zero wasn't even in the Blind Date thing!  Like HugeLunatic, this is just a show of awesome.  And look at this cabinet, look at the art, look it's on a Maxis mesh!  I am completely un-fussed about the Edo art, because it's just lovely.

Hi Hat, I'm one of those who were available for SBD so I'm here with your tiny gift. Heart burp I admit, I cheated a little and poked with your blog wishlist instead of the one in the blind date thread and ended up picking the castaway meshes that were lacking the pregnancy morphs from the list. One of the meshes also had bit broken fat morph so I fixed that too while at it.

Download

I hope you like them!  Smiley

Then Hermit Fox came along, with morphs for Castaway Stories meshes!  There's a pregmorph for the TF Shaman conversion, I'm thrilled.  And look at the belt on CasualTen!  It looks supportive of the belly.  I love them, I really do.  I'm always happy when things without morphs can suddenly be used by fat or pregnant Sims.

Hi, I'm one of the Super Blind Dates and I made this for you.
The original mesh exploded so had to make something else
Hope you like it anyway

It's a kilt with boots on the Runner Guy

Mesh included - Has fat & preg morphs

Credit

Julie J
Jasumi
GKnee

DOWNLOAD

Share if you like Smiley

And now we're at five pictures and JulieJ's contribution!  Runner Guy is my personal favorite for bodyshapes (he's about the same volume as the Slim Bodybuilder, but proportioned a little more Maxis and a little less like a dorito through the trunk).  There are never enough clothes for him, so JulieJ's gift is awesome-- and he has morphs!  I love it when bodyshape meshes have morphs.  Burly people can get paunchy, too.

The last gift I got was from ElfPuddle, who didn't have flashy pictures but tried very hard to figure out how to default clothing, a new skill for them.  ElfPuddle didn't quite make it, but sent me all the bits they'd gathered-- and I do know how to default clothes and hair (I just don't have the time to make literally everything I want for my game, more's the pity).  So ElfPuddle sent everything they got done, I did a little bit more and then discovered I don't know how to do defaults with LESS groups than the originals, but maybe somebody else knows what they're doing.

On the other hand... I got some recolors done?

So what you have above is K8's Fairy Witch gown (2,334 polys, with AF pregmorph and TF & CF conversions by Cynnix) and Trapping's All-Ages AL Witch Hat (1,265 polys, probably requires Apartment Life) in Neder's Neutral Red Mage colors, tweaked by ElfPuddle and tweaked some more by me (I fiddled with a sleeve and some laces and made the stomacher burgundy to help break up the red).  I've included what should be an extracted mesh so you can use the witch hat if you don't have Apartment life installed, but I can't check it.

Gowns are available for casual, maternity, outerwear, and formal.  Hats come binned my usual way, with a gray for each color because it's easier for downloaders to remove one rather than add one if they want to re-bin (go ahead and re-bin, Shrapnel makes a nice brown and both Safety Fuse and Comburent could pass as blonds, you do you).  Not compressorized because I forgot.

DOWNLOAD SCARLET WITCH

And if you think you can fix my default replacements for the Matchmaker, I welcome and encourage you to beat up my files to do so.  (Maybe I screwed up starting with the FT version instead of the NL one?  But everything says 'grab from the latest EP you have,' so I dunno.  I swear I've defaulted this way before, just... with more groups instead of less.)

BIG OLD EDIT:

Hey guess what!

Rugrat0ne over on Plumb Bob Keep saw my cry for witchy matchmaker help, and provided.  I was also told it was cool for me to share here.  So, here's a Nightlife and/or Free Time default replacement of the Matchmaker, in a nice morally-ambiguous yet inoffensive red getup, ready to peddle curative potions or set you up with a nice date or sell you a little something to boost your own attractiveness.  Shouldn't disturb other recolors of the Matchmaker hair or dress, if you have any, and the hair with the hat is Time Bomb to coordinate with Ja and Magpie's Pooklet'd Maxis defaults.  You get multiple options in the download; hat, dress, hat and dress, and just a proper working extracted witch hat mesh (yeah, I screwed that up somehow, meshes are deep magic) that'll let you use not only the Scarlet Witch hat but my other Pooklet'd witch hats even if you don't have Apartment Life installed.

I've been told that there may be more on the way, but it's been almost two weeks since the official end of the event and I've been sitting on these long enough.  If more comes along, I'll certainly share it, but for now?  For now I just want to thank

Beccabear
Whispers
HugeLunatic
Shastakiss
ClericalRodent
ZeroDark
Hermit Fox
JulieJ
and
ElfPuddle

For being super awesome incredible pitch-hitters and for making what could've been vaguely disappointing into something happily unforgettable.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:37:47 PM by Almighty Hat » Logged

ElfPuddle
Kindergoth

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 09:18:11 AM »

No way
*jaw hits floor*

Cheer
Proof again (if anyone needed it) that the simming community is full of lovely, awesome, talented, and loving people.
 Cheer

Thank you all for sharing the gifties, making the gifties, and being generally awesome!

Julie J
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »

You're very welcome Hat  Smiley

Love the other goodies too Cheesy

Mrs_MQuve
The Devil's Daughter
Macabre Miscreant

has my soul

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 02:54:25 PM »

Wow, everyone's made so much great stuff, I don't know where to start!  Cool

Dreamwidth | Tumblr | Pillowfort | Simblr.cc | My GoS Index
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not
NathanialRoyale
Dark
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Nights

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 01:25:25 AM »

Oh wow! The generosity of the sims community is still pretty amazing Cheesy

That is alot of awesome stuff Hat!

celebkiriedhel
Gutter Punk

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 05:46:26 PM »

Don't know how I managed it, but I put the pngs instead of the packages in for the SA99 Nursery set Pirate recolours.

The links have been updated with the packages instead of the textures.

But in the meantime - you can download them again here -

Download Pirate recolours for SA99 Nursery

Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »

Updated my (second) post with a working red-witch Matchmaker default from Rugrat0ne, who graciously fixed everything I broke!

PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 08:58:34 AM »

The thoughtfulness of Hat's volunteer gifters really highlights the fact that there are some wonderful people in not only the Sims community, but GoS community as well. This sort of kindness goes beyond the game.

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
WinterMoon
Not stupid, just selectively intelligent
Undead

I Believe...

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 08:05:17 AM »

So many wonderful things here! <3 Thanks for sharing them, everyone!

The Starbloom Travecy. Suitable only for people who miss the good, old TS2 exchange...
miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 09:40:59 PM »

Thank you to all the SBDs and the volunteers for all the lovely gifts for Hat!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: