Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2021.05-06 The Natural World & It Builds Character  (Read 10962 times)
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« on: May 01, 2021, 07:15:02 AM »

The Natural World - Plants, nature, and animals of all kinds

It Builds Character - Personality, traits, aspirations, and zodiac

Please remember to include a 150x100 button for the index.

Deatherella           

blinddivine       
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 08:47:58 AM by shastakiss » Logged
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 02:17:00 PM »

Oh yeah, I've been bad about thumbnails. Thanks for that, Shasta. Embarrassed

I'm real excited for this theme. I bet I can get this darn interests overhaul fixed up in two months, that seems like enough time!

Edit: an indie game dev friend of mine linked me this tool, and I thought it might be applicable. It's an in-browser low-poly tree generator with a variety of settings. It doesn't, unfortunately, export with textures, but it does export to obj, and it's quite easy to use.
Tree/Shrub Mesh Tool
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 01:52:58 AM by AlfredAskew » Logged

MostDiabolicalPersona
Hell's Lucifer Sim God
Undead

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 02:53:40 PM »

That's super cool, AlfredAskew. Shocked  I just spent the whole time in it going, "Oh!" Grin

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 04:10:14 PM »

Yeah, he shared it in the middle of a meeting, and I missed like... at least five minutes of discussion because I was busy floofing bushes. xD

Aureliana
Kindergoth

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 05:27:00 AM »

I'm offering something for the theme "It Builds Character". Some nice prints to hang into your medieval/renaissance court astrologers observatory.

I put the 7 Wood prints from Sebald Behams "Seven Planets and Constellations" series (which shows personifications of the planet with their associated star signs) and an extra wood print of the zodiac (15th century, unnamed maker) I found while searching wikipedia, on the pineapple mesh. I included compressed versions of the jpegs I used for easier choosing.

Download here!

Credits:
Sebald Beham (His wikipedia page)
Wiki-Commons
SushiGal for the PineApple as poster-meshes I used for the previews

Edit: made Post a bit neater

P.S.: ClstlDrmr83 put the woodcut in the middle on NixedSims "Deceptively Modest Painting TV". You can download it here
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 05:49:06 AM by Aureliana » Logged
NathanialRoyale
Dark
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Nights

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 12:34:21 PM »

Love it Aureliana! Cheesy

Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

You hear voices, I hear music.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 10:16:15 PM »

Zodiac Wall Deco so your Sims can proudly display their sign.  Comes with recolors all slaved to Aquarius.

Download.

Credits:
Spacebones for the shapes, Dreamstime for most of the recolor textures.

"It's hard to fight an enemy with outposts in your head." S.King
CreeSims
Gutter Punk

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 04:07:46 PM »

All the zodiac stuff is wonderful, I can't wait to use it

I made a few offerings inspired by traits

For Sims who Love Nature, have a Green Thumb, or are Childish, 3 paintings on the City Skyscraper mesh using textures from Sims 3 Seasons playground equipment

Download

Athletic Sims can show off thier guns in the Comfy Muscle Top with Slig's textures. Comes in these 3 colors for Adult-Child, all genders. Everything's repositoried to the AM files and they're set as Everyday, PJ, Undies, Athletic, and Swim. Meshes by Skell, Allisas, and Trapping included

Download

Loves to Swim Sims always need more swimsuit options so here's Rented Space's 3t2 Basegame Swim Trunks as bottoms. They come in all 16 original colors for Adult-Child, all genders. AF, TF, and TM are repositoried to AM, the CU files are stand-alone. Only binned as Swim, you'll need Lazy Duchess' Clothes Mod to access them. Or you could add them to Everyday if you prefer to use separates without the mod. No meshes needed

Download

Sims with the Never Nude trait can pair the tank and swim trunks so they don't have to show too much skin at the pool

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 05:23:59 PM by CreeSims » Logged

luverofralts
Kindergoth

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 12:43:53 PM »

For the natural world, I chose an animal that is underappreciated, but still very cute. Here are some 4t2/3t2 snake accessories to celebrate snakes!

Coupure Electrique Snake Earring and Septum
For both genders teen to elder
Download

LeahLillith Snake Effect Necklace
For TF-Ef
Download

LeahLillith Snake Gauges
Download

Jakea Sims Anaconda Accessory
For both genders child to elder
Download

Snake Headband - MEDUSA by Slyd
Download

meitianlele
Kindergoth

每天乐乐 Happy Everyday

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 05:09:36 AM »

I'm very happy to post something for this theme. Despite playing since Sims 1 and dabbling in CC making way back when this will be my first time posting CC anywhere on the internet. After lurking and hoarding cc all these years I'm excited to be giving back!

I have several sets of Maxis painting recolors and one set of rug recolors.

For nature we have pictures fit for every sim's nature interest from birds, to flowers to snakes. All pictures were taken either from the Biodiversity Heritage Online Archives or the Smithsonian Online Archives. I did a little but of cropping, cleaning up etc. but the credit for the artwork definitely goes to all of those old scientists and historians for making it and to librarians for archiving it all.
  On the Glamour Life LP Giant Pop Art mesh we have fruits, veggies, animals and more in true Andy Warhol Fashion. (The moon is definitely my favorite)
   On the Nightlife Mesh Two Dogs and an Olive we have some amazing Illustrations from an old German Storybook.
 On the Nightlife Mesh Anonymous Masterpiece (the set of two frames with sepia photos of a movie theater and a crowd) there are lots of animal prints from some scientific journals about animals of Africa.

For Zodiac we have a set of beeeeeeautiful prints from an old book on Astronomy called "The Beauty of the Heavens". (The moon from the pop art pictures is from the same book.) You can find it here https://library.si.edu/digital-library/book/beautyofheavensp00blun
As rugs they are all on the FreeTime mesh Isotopia and as paintings they are all on Nightlife Two Dogs and an Olive except for two that are on the FreeTime Giant Dalmatian Poster Mesh because they looked better vertical.

I hope you enjoy these recolors. The files are clearly labeled and there's more preview pics inside so you can chose which ones you don't want.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8ro0hh688110z6m/GOS_mayjune2021.zip/file

Influence
Undead

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 01:32:27 PM »

I have towels for Never Nude sims to cover their naughty bits.

DeeDee Short Towel TM-EM + Sexyfeet + Less Fragile Smooth Hands (custom/default)

There's two versions: DeeDee's custom mesh and Epi's Bon Voyage towels default, both can be used together. I replaced hands with DEU’s edit of smooth hands, click the link to see difference.

Custom version

If you have original meshes delete them and replace with mine. No recolors included, grab them here.

Default version

• Based on Epi's default, replaces umbodysaunatowel (TM, AM, EM). Delete any replacements of these meshes before using mine.
  • Affects only male meshes, not textures (the latter comes with Epi's version, you can use texture default along with my mesh replacement). Old recolors of these meshes won't work neither with mine nor with Epi's mesh default. UPDATE 01-23-2022: new version (based on Epi's similar update) keeps Maxis hands and feet for these meshes' recolors so they won't look weird. So my default is now compatible with mods like toga parties outfits variety.
  • I also unhid TM towels which were hidden in Epi's version. Other ages are unhidden as well, you can find all of them in underwear category. My default doesn't unlock female towels, if you need it use Fanseelamb's mod.
  • If you need smooth hands for females as well download my edit of Digi's default (Blooms_sexyfeetDefaultBonVoyageEPTowels_SmoothHands_pregmorphs, includes sexyfeet & smooth hands for females + pregnant morphs for AF & TF by Veetie). All credits go to Digital Angels and Veetie, I just deleted male meshes from this file for compatibilty. Witch doctor default with smooth hands is in separate file now for those who need just towels.

DOWNLOAD folder (pick and choose): SFS | GD
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:02:45 PM by Influence » Logged
kalux
Kate * kalux * she/they
Undead

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 07:14:02 PM »

Would Pride flag shirts count for this theme? Sexuality and gender are part of personality, no?

Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 07:22:03 PM »

Sure! Any way you want to interpret the themes is fair game. Smiley

PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2021, 09:29:21 PM »

*Dusts off SimPE*  
Sliding in here with a small offering before the end of the month.  

I absolutely love visiting Japanese gardens... especially those that have a traditional tea room/chashitsu on the grounds.  
So, below are (3) recolors of the Maxis NL Two Dogs Olive painting mesh.  
The images have been stylized a bit in a poster-like effect to make them more semi-realistic (which is my game style) instead of realistic. There is a larger image/swatch included in the download.

Previews are shown on add-on meshes by Michelle at MTS.

DOWNLOAD

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 09:38:12 PM by PenelopeT » Logged

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
blinddivine
Gutter Punk

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2021, 12:42:22 PM »

Greetings! I have a few goodies today! I'm very deep into making a fantasy/autumn themed neighborhood! It's required making a lot of clothing for plant and fairy sims! Plantsims are part of the natural sim world, right?

Somewhere along the way I decided I wanted other pumpkin colors for the Sims 2 store Spooky Stuff Pumpkin Heads, specifically, Skell's edits which are enabled for children to elders.

9 colors on each mesh, including a rework of the original white pumpkin color and the orange with an elder state. they all have an elder state that is properly linked and binned. They're binned in red and blonde, and geneticized, but not townified. I've included a readme stating exactly what the genetics are for each color. Sims may or may not grow up with them on. Swatches are included in the download zip, and each pumpkin color is labeled. Meshes are included per Skell's tou. I've also made a blush and full face makeup that essentially blots out your sim's face and teeth. There's one for children exclusively, and two labeled for men and women, but are actually enabled for each. The difference between the two is that the neck is longer on one than the other so that you don't see black void coming out of your sim's necks. Shadowface and Pumpkin heads are separate downloads for those of you who just want to use them as costume pieces around Halloween time~

Bonus preview of bonus red and green onion pumpkin colors, after a I got a suggestion from tumblr!

Download

My second offering is Eir's neighborhood mountains and saramkirk's smaller neighborhood rocks recolored to be glaciers with textures from Shasta and FreezerBunny's Simtartica set! these are also both separated into two different zips so you can choose if you want one or both.

Download

Please enjoy, happy simming!

credits: ea, Shasta, Freezerbunny, saramkirk, eir, and Skell.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 01:18:22 PM by blinddivine » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: