Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2021.07-08 Commercial Zoning & Public Works  (Read 13041 times)
Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« on: July 01, 2021, 01:48:41 PM »

Commercial Zoning - Content for more functional / entertaining community lots
Public Works - Government business, construction, health care institutions, etc.

Please remember to include a 150x100 button for the index.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:01:21 PM by beccabear » Logged

Yolandi
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 01:28:52 AM »

Yay!  These should be good! Some of my choices!
Meduza
Undead

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 10:19:20 AM »

I'm glad these themes won! Cheesy I don't know if I'll be able to create anything, but I'll love to see other people's works.

PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 06:23:40 PM »

Yes, was super excited when I saw these themes were going to win.  Cheesy 

These themes were a perfect excuse to finally get on with creating some Simlish posters for a dental office. 
There are (4) recolors of the Maxis NL Grilled Cheese poster.   
They are previewed on add-on meshes by Sushigal/ladyheather.  There is a swatch included in the download.

DOWNLOAD

Credits:
Franzillasims (Simlish font)
Pixers, PrintMePoster, Venngage
The dentist office objects shown are by Marilu at TSR (recolor is my own)

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 09:14:37 PM »

Awesome! Time to get out the ol' PCSims dentist chair!

PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 11:14:58 AM »

Awesome! Time to get out the ol' PCSims dentist chair!

You know, I'd been meaning to check that object out in-game for... years.  Grin  

So, I just tested it out and laughed when I saw the cost of service at the end was 800 simoleons (as that's not too far off from some real life dental procedures).  Might use the station for my playing game at some point (after tweaking some things with the mesh), but reallllly wish the chair was a lounger... since that's the animation that is being used.  

For now, my dental office community lot just sells functional and deco oral/beauty objects, and also has the Maxis surgical career reward on the lot to offer plastic surgery as well (of which sims pay a pretty penny for services rendered).  

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 06:35:45 PM »

So, I just tested it out and laughed when I saw the cost of service at the end was 800 simoleons (as that's not too far off from some real life dental procedures).  Might use the station for my playing game at some point (after tweaking some things with the mesh), but reallllly wish the chair was a lounger... since that's the animation that is being used. 

Ha!
Yeah, put that on the list of things I'd like to remesh. Along with that nail salon set. I need more hours in the day. xD

Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 04:16:54 PM »

I don't know how useful this is to anyone else, but it is a Thing I Did and hey, it fits one of the themes. Please excuse the previews; how does one take interesting pictures of a street??

This is a road replacement using Criquette's Rural Charm road texture, but with the Maxis sidewalks and curb, and yellow lane markings.

The concrete road replacement can be used with any concrete terrain replacement. For the other terrains, you have two options: the 'works with any' option, or the ones that match my personal terrain defaults (CuriousB's lush + desert and iCad's dirt). The only difference is that the 'works with any' option has two rows of sidewalk, instead of the strip of terrain between the sidewalk and road.

You'll need to use an overlay to get the correct road to show up in lot view, the mesh for which is included. For the roads that work with any terrain, you'll also need to add the second row of sidewalk tiles (if you want them!).

Other things included: a "floor" using a bit of the road texture, for things like driveways and parking lots, and the textures of the road pieces themselves, in case that might be of interest.

ps. previews are shown with dreadpirate's lighting mod installed, so the colours will likely vary if you have a different (or no) lighting mod.

credits: simflake, Criquette, CuriousB, iCad, peppermint-ginger
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 03:14:38 PM by Becca » Logged

rudhira
Undead

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 12:02:13 PM »

Oh I love this theme! Really nice things shared so far, thank you PenelopeT and beccabear!

I made a few recolours for benches and lockers that would be great for something like a gym or a public pool!

Recolours of benches and lockers from Veranka's Changing Room set. Benches come in seven woods for the wood
part and six shiny metals for the metal part. Lockers come in ten colours. I've used shasta's cluedo resources for this.

My downloads at: tumblr - Garden of Shadows
PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 04:35:42 PM »

beccabear, Firstly, the theme(s) banner you made looks great!  Secondly, I've used CuriousB's road default for years, and this is the first time I've seen one that's tempting me to switch it up for a bit... since I like how yours has a sort of *Maxis* feel and is hitting a nostalgic sweet spot.  

rudhira, I love using this locker room set and will definitely enjoy having it in cluedo colors.  

As an aside, I cannot be the only one who is more than capable of recoloring/retexturing objects, modifying mods, meshes, etc., but gets super excited when someone else creates something you like and it spares you from having to do it yourself???  Undecided  So, seriously, this is just a blanket thank you to every single person who shares stuff!   Heart burp

This might be a stretch for fitting either of these themes, but I'm in the mood to share stuff.  
So, here's a little something for your sims that are aspiring authors (with small budgets) who work from home.

There are (10) Simlish recolors of one of my favorite functional items to use, MogHughson's 'become an author without a computer' Manuscript.  
The mesh notebook and writing texture have also been replaced, as I much prefer newer base textures on older meshes.
Please see the above link for more information if you do not already use this item.  

The edited mesh (see avocado design and new writing textures below) and a large swatch/preview is included in the download.  
You cannot use the edited mesh and the original mesh at the same time.
The manuscript can be found in Creativity>Hobbies and cost 40 simoleons.  

Happy Simming!

DOWNLOAD

Credits:
MogHughson
Franzillasims (Simlish font)
Amazon

morepopcorn
Kindergoth

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2021, 05:11:39 PM »

The Sims Sessions might be over, but may I present...

The Sims 2 Sessions, modeled for you today by The Shifting Paradymes.

This is a modular stage consisting of the structure itself, curtains, stage lights, fairy lights, and the banner at the back.

The stage structure comes in the original colour, black and three of iCad's woodtones: espresso, saddle and treehouse. It's designed to fit perfectly on a 6x5 foundation (not a deck - I didn't realise they were different sizes until I did this) and has a correct footprint, so Sims won't walk through the columns or wall.

You'll need move_objects on to place the banner at the back, and you can of course display anything you like that way.

The curtains get their textures from my Vintage Glamour conversion, which I've included for convenience. (Take care if you've already downloaded these from my blog - I've changed filename structure to remove hyphens after learning that they're not good, so they won't overwrite if you just copy everything over.) They come in Shasta's Cluedo palette.

Both sets of lights have a one-tile footprint that you place on the front right square of the stage, but the light points have been moved to the middle.

I also converted the sign, which has a useful mesh where the arrow on the reverse is flipped but the text remains the right way, which might be nice for recolours.

And last but not least, this snowglobe your Sims can remember the festival by. The mesh also includes all the collectable snowglobe textures from City Living.

I also included a collection file so it's easier to find the items that go together.

Download: SFS | MediaFire

P.S. It turns out Jasmine plays drums but I'm too tired to go back and take new pictures. The band needed a singer anyway. Eyeroll by Evanesco

Credit to Limonaire for the Strangerville Cacti.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 05:17:38 PM by morepopcorn » Logged
PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 07:58:21 PM »

Yeah, me again.  Don't worry, this will be my last share for these themes.  Wink

I've been working on a new Sim-owned pet shop for one of my 'hoods and wanted some fridge stockable pet food items for him to sell.
The objects can still be used as deco as well.  

Included in the download is my texture/mesh edit of NoFrills @ TSR pet food bag.
The mesh has been given a new texture and I've included (3) of my new recolors as well.
The image below shows what the front and back of each bag looks like.  The ones on the floor are the back of the bags.

Also included are my (made fridge stockable) edits of meshes from the fantastic conversion of ATS pet food bags and cans by by Beautifulnerdkitty.
Their recolors of the pet food bags and cans are NOT included, so you will have to grab them from the link above.
Simply replace their meshes with my edited ones.

There are (important) detailed notes included in the download, as well as a larger image/swatch.  

If you are in need of non-pet related fridge stockable foods, you can find more via the links in my signature below.

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

Credits:
Beautifulnerdkitty (stroda)/ATS
NoFrills
Franzillasims

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 01:21:32 AM by PenelopeT » Logged

CreeSims
Gutter Punk

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2021, 03:06:50 PM »

Bread from Veranka's 3t2 Deliciously Indulgent Bakery set made into Exnem style bread that Sims can eat. You get these from the Buy Catalog (Appliance-> Misc, $45) and when placed on a lot Sims can grab a slice of bread to eat (12 servings). There's an empty state but no half-full states. The bread Sims eat are Exnem's plate meshes (included) and these wont conflict with Exnem's bread basket. These are also lower poly than Exnem's bread basket. Can be placed on OFB shelves and sold in shops. Guids are the same as Veranka's deco version, filenames are also the same so you can let these override the originals

Download

Nellshysh's extracted picnic basket and Jennisims' 3t2 picnic basket made to function like Zena-Dew-Drop's picnic basket. Sims can grab plates of food from these, works on community lots too. Wont conflict with Zena's basket and these are lower poly. There's one issue, the pie menu says each plate costs money but it doesn't actually charge Sims. The same thing happened with Zena's basket when I tested it. I didn't know how to fix it but if someone wants to edit these, please do. For now, Sims can get a free lunch from these. Guids are the same as the deco version, filenames are also the same so you can let these override the originals

Download

Boardwalk, a set of CC-Free lots, more pics in the download. There are 6 shops made with Lot Adjuster and they come in both Beach and Regular lot types. The beach lots are 1x6, regular lots are 1x2. There are also 4 lots labeled Base, these are a stretch of boardwalk with an unfurnished building on top so you can make new lots. There’s a pool tile on each lot under the boardwalk

The beach lots were made on a Twikki Island map and it let me put them side by side. On other maps I had to leave a space between the beach lots but the regular lots could be put in the space, so by mixing the lot types you can make a seamless Boardwalk

Download

Influence
Undead

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2021, 01:48:03 PM »

Fanseelamb & 2FW Hospital Gowns repositoried + smooth/less fragile hands

click picture to enlarge

• I used Tenshii~Akari’s smooth hands for females & children and DEU’s edit for males, click the link to see the difference. Fat morphs for everyone + pregnant for teens-adults. TM mesh have morph fix by wert700.
  • If you have original files for meshes/recolors delete them and replace with mine. Grab recolors below, either originals (1, 2) or my edits. Adult files also work for elders (2FW wrote about game crashes but I hadn't any).
  • About the latter: I repositoried both Fanseelamb and 2FW recolors ( = made them use only one texture for each color) and removed unnessessary resources (no more transparent txtr for body, it uses Skell's null TXMT now). It means you can delete unneeded ages/genders but should keep TXTR packages. Also I renamed 2FW's files to include pattern and creator's name so delere the old ones.

DOWNLOAD folder (pick and choose): SFS | GD
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 01:39:15 PM by Influence » Logged
Treehawk
Gutter Punk

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2021, 07:13:18 PM »

For this last month's theme, I was inspired to finish up a build I started a few years ago (whoops, I'm slow) - a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Come on in - all are welcome here! Just sign in on the clipboard, there, and we'll be right with you.

We have plenty of Exam Rooms with the latest equipment, and room for a guest to come with you if you're nervous!

And we have a laboratory on-site to get any tests run as soon as possible, so you don't have to spend weeks worrying over potential results!

Planned Parenthood is close to my heart in real life so I wanted to make one for my sims to be able to visit too! I decided to use mostly English text for this one, to make it more recognizable, but a few of the odds-and-ends are in Simlish. This is a fairly large build, mostly useful for storytelling or picture-taking, but it is set up as a community lot. I had trouble with getting CC to be included in the sims2pack, so I've cleaned it with clean installer and included a folder of all the CC I used, with the exception of Theraven's awesome medical stuff which I've included links to in the ReadMe as well as below. This is my first time sharing a lot with this much CC, so please let me know if you have any problems with the lot and I'll do my best to remedy them.

Included CC:
Spoiler for Hidden:
HugeLunatic's Minimaal Gate
Crisps&Kerosene's Simple Roof Flashing White & Black
Veranka's BuBu Build Master, Window I, Window F, RC 03
Sam&Skye's Equality Unisex Bathroom Door
Fanseefish's "Really Really Big Picture" Value Window (4 tile)
Honeywell's "Sunset Orange" Lace Stucco Wall
Fanseelamb's Bland White Ceiling Tiles
Fanseelamb's Value Counter Desks regular, mirrored, 1-tile
iCad's Textured Ceiling in Tangerine & Mist
Veranka's Restless Thankless Medical Stool 4t2
Twofingerwhiskey's OBP Single Condom & RC 3,4,7,11
Amovitamsim's Air Conditioning Unit 3t2
Nanashi's Ballpoint Pen, Ballpoint Pen Uncapped, Maxis Post-It Note 01, Maxis Post-It Note Sticky 01
Nanashi's Secure Antimicrobial Pen With Holder, Official Document, Official Documents Stack
RetailSims' The Office Copier, Maxis Stapler
CTNutmegger's Value Counter Upper Cabinet
Sandy's Corded Phone
HugeLunatic's IKEA Expedit Desk
Rebecah's Double Drinking Fountains (adult & child)
Influence's AjOya's Calculator, Printer, Paper & Ink
VioletPadfoot's Deco LyfeBGone
mswn's edits and recolors of bienchen's single magazine and spiegelsplitter’s LivingSims magazines
BuggyBooz's Office Allsorts Filing Cabinet, Cabinet, White RC
MustLuvCats' Sharpy Marker Single
Michelle's Knock On Wood Long
Gwenke33's Knock On Wood Mini Shelf
Michelle's Knock On Wood RC AL White, Mahogany
SilentLucidity's Shiftable OMSP Smaller 1,2,3,4,10
NekoSayuri's Lying Table Menu, Lying 3, Standing Menu
Amixedbagofwhat's Verifone MX915
Sandy's Deco Roller Coaster
Mustluvcats' Functional 1-Tile Public Baby Changing Station, White RC for below
My Sweet Down Low Edit Grab-A-Hold Bar, Hot Air Hand Dryer, Soap Dispenser, Big Toilet Paper Dispenser
RetailSims' Specimen Jars
Yuxi's Fallout 3 Clipboard
Michelle's Fleur de Glee Stencil Pane Clear Glass RC
Fanseelamb's Justa Door Light Wood White Trim Kickplate RC
CuriousB's Satinistics Loveseat RC LeafLine
Michelle's Resteze Toilet White RC
Riekus13's RAKET Table Easel RC 5
Liz's Cacti Collection RC Teal

NOT Included CC:
Theraven's
Medical Bed 4t2 Up Handles Down, Up No Handles, RC 2
Medical Monitor 4t2, RC 1,3,5
Stehoscope, Sphygmomanometer & RC Purple, Syringe, Gauze Roller Bandage, Gauze Squares Blood Vials, Empty Laying, Full Laying - RC Cap Purple, Cap Blue, Fluid Yellow

Download at SFS

Button:
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: