Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2021.11-12 Party City & Challenge Accepted  (Read 19062 times)
Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« on: November 01, 2021, 02:38:39 AM »

Party City - Content for parties, festivals, and other social gatherings
Challenge Accepted - Content for BACC / legacy / misc. challenges

Please remember to include a 150x100 button for the index.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 09:07:24 AM by beccabear » Logged

Hamartia
Gutter Punk

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 06:20:40 PM »

You can't have a good party without music.
What do you mean you can't buy that 2500 simoleon stereo? Well, don't worry, because I've got you covered. Cheesy

Here's a small radio from Tera for those occasions when you really want to play some wicked tunes without paying a lot of money. Because not all parties have to be fancy...
And I hope that was convincing enough for this month's theme.
It costs 99 simoleons and can be found under Electronics, so it's functional!
The file is compressed. The polycount is 908.

Credits: Tiffli for the XNALara conversion, Bluehole for the original model

Download

CreeSims
Gutter Punk

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »

I love the radio, so retro

I made something for the challenges where you need to have a lot of kids

Good Value Toddler Bowl - $45, toddlers can be directed to eat from it and will do it autonomously when hungry
The shape of the Good Value Pet Bowl reminds me of a spill proof toddler plate, so I made a version for them. It's cloned from MsBarrow's Free Range Toddler Bowl and will fill with a Cheerio-type cereal instead of pet food. Repositoried to the pet dish so it will pick up any recolors or defaults you have

And something for BACCs

Make-Shift Town Hall - 2x2 Community Lot - CC-Free $30k

5 work trailers stuck together and fully furnished. Your Sims can use this while raising money to build a proper town hall. There's an office with computers, a kitchen area, wedding arch, and some things to sell. The download has more screenshots

Download - Alternate

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 11:47:46 PM »

I realized I have an applicable download ready to go, and uploading means I can take a quick break from a slightly overwhelming to-do list.

(Actually remembered to make a thumbnail this time... Embarrassed)

Shasta-Style Celebrations Wallpaper Defaults!
The goal was to make something actually usable (I can think of no circumstance where I want permanent, flat images of streamers on flood-fill walls in completely arbitrary colors); but not go so far that the look of rooms that were already decorated with them would look off. So the colors are all maxis-match, and the general shape of the papers are the same; but now they have playful patterns, textured walls and that classy, Curiona white molding.

Yolandi
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 02:03:22 AM »

Didn't know I needed defaults for those until l saw these AlfredAskew! Very nice, thank you! Snagging!
rudhira
Undead

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 07:23:59 AM »

Hamartia, great style of music player for a chill hangout!
CreeSims, so useful! Love that the bowl is repositoried!
AlfredAskew, um, hellO?! I love this, especially the Party Stripe wallpapers!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 06:26:00 AM by rudhira » Logged

My downloads at: tumblr - Garden of Shadows
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 07:58:53 AM »

Harmartia, the old radio looks great and I always love your previews, thank you!
CreeSims, the little Justice-of-the-Peace wedding area in your Town Hall is such a nice detail  Wink
AlfredAskew, areyoukiddingme  Scared  Thank you for the lovely walls and tremendous compliment!
annachibi
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 04:40:39 AM »

Harmartia's radio has already gone straight into my Apocalypse downloads folder, CreeSims's toddler bowl is about to, and I don't throw parties much but AlfredAskew I think those walls are going to be a new staple default for me! Cheesy Thank you, and I can't wait to see what's next!
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 08:19:38 PM »

Cheesy
I'm so happy y'all get such a kick out of this one. Really brightens my day!

antisocialbunny
Kindergoth

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2021, 02:50:40 PM »

Hi everyone! I finally made a GOS account and am uploading my first ever CC creation. Smiley I have downloaded so many incredible creations from here over the years and am excited to be able to participate.

The theme made me think of the cute little menu and welcome signs at weddings and other events. I thought the RAKET easel that comes with the Ikea SP would be perfect, so thus IKEA SP is required. There are 3 swatches for two different styles of wedding (cute and glamorous lol). They have a welcome sign, a menu, and a cocktail menu.

And as a bonus two signs for a kid's bday party with a welcome sign and a menu (but no cocktails for the little ones, sorry!). Files have been compressorized and a swatch is included. Let me know if there are any issues and I hope you like them! Also please let me know if I formatted my post incorrectly, I am trying to get the hang of it!

I used Cluedo wood for the easel texture, and thank you to zerodark for their Raket easel PSD which made the recolor process much faster!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1l5plhf94fthg/Raket_Easel_wedding_recolors. <- DOWNLOAD. Sorry I can't figure out how to make the download text a link shortcut  wah

Hamartia
Gutter Punk

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2021, 03:27:09 PM »

Thank you for the comments, everyone!

CreeSims, the toddler bowl is a great idea!  I don't personally play BACCs but I am definitely taking that bowl.
AlfredAskew, I've always disliked that ribbon wallpaper thing and I'm glad there is a default for that now that I can use.
antisocialbunny, these are wonderful, they definitely reflect the mood of each celebration. And welcome to GoS! 

annachibi
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 04:01:18 PM »

antisocialbunny, what a lovely first contribution! Those signs are super cute and remind me of the ones for the wedding event in Animal Crossing. :3
PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2021, 04:23:14 PM »

beccabear, I really like that banner.
Hamartia, *downloaded* .... thank you! Always nice to have more radio options.
CreeSims, I've never played a BACC, but those are neat shares.
AlfredAskew, Yes!  I started defaulting and re-defaulting pretty much everything in my game earlier this year and these walls look great!
antisocialbunny, This is a fantastic share!  Congratulations on your first CC!  Smiley

I've been throwing a lot of parties in my game lately and needed more cake options. 
So, here are (6) recolors of Jasana's 'Celebrate Anytime Birthday Cake' and (1) plate recolor.
The cake also has an option to just "grab a plate" and eat without celebrating a birthday, making it multipurpose.

The meshes are included with my recolors as I have replaced the original textures for the plates (which affects the platter and serving plate). 
There are larger images/swatch included in the download as well.  The cake can be found in the 'Party' category in-game.

DOWNLOAD

Credits:
Jasana_BugBreeder @ MTS

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
antisocialbunny
Kindergoth

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2021, 06:19:26 PM »

Thank you so much everyone for such a warm welcome, I love everything shared for this theme so far and can't wait to use them in game! Maybe I finally won't be so lazy and will actually throw my sims parties lol.
annachibi I was totally inspired by the animal crossing wedding sign!

Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 01:48:25 AM »

Welcome to the forum, antisocialbunny, and thank you everyone for your contributions so far! Heart burp

beccabear, I really like that banner.

I can't take credit; Shasta swooped in after I realised I forgot to make one earlier. Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: