Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2021.11-12 Party City & Challenge Accepted  (Read 19061 times)
aelflaed
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2021, 10:58:58 PM »

Everyone shares such nice things.  Smiley

I happen to be on a cake binge in-game myself, so Pen's cakes are particularly apposite!

PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 07:41:05 PM »

beccabear, too funny!  Big Grin
aelflaed, thank you and I'm glad you like the cakes.  I made twelve of them and figured six was a good amount to share.  Smiley

And I'm sliding in here with one last share for this theme... (5) recolors of DeeDee's 'Birthday Hat Accessory' for both genders and works for toddler-elder.
The mesh and a numbered swatch is included in the download.

Also, back in 2018 I did recolors for this mesh for the monthly 'Fashion Victim' theme if you would like those too.

DOWNLOAD

Credits:
DeeDee-Sims
Aubrey (one of my sims)

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
Meduza
Undead

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2021, 01:01:36 PM »

PenelopeT gave me some ideas to create. Smiley Thank you! I also made recolors of Jasana's birthday cake.
I used textures from mortia's wedding cakes. Medieval Sims can throw birthday parties in style too! Unfortunately candles don't suit the medieval style. Huh?

There are three recolors of the cake: peasant, merchant and noble. There are also two recolors of the plate: woven and silver.

Meshes are included. I used the edited file by PenelopeT. I hope you don't mind. Embarrassed

Credits: Jasana_BugBreeder, mortia, Laura, PenelopeT

Download at SFS | alt

Edit: I've forgotten about the button. wah
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 06:22:45 AM by Meduza » Logged

PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2021, 05:16:06 PM »

Meduza, yes, more birthday cakes!  I already have Mortia's wedding cakes in my game 'cause I loved the textures and will on occasion throw a themed wedding simply to justify having so many medieval foods and objects in my modern game.  Grin  So, thanks for porting these textures over.

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
aelflaed
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2021, 05:47:34 AM »

I have been wishing for that merchant fruitcake as a daily cake, without the wedding top layer, ever since I first saw it. Thanks so much!

TheMediocreSulk
Kindergoth

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2021, 09:51:13 PM »

I had maybe an odd question...I've had an idea floating around for a while that would fit the challenge half of  this month's theme, but it's not strictly a piece of CC. I'd been thinking about making a revamp/re-brand (I guess?) of the old Asylum challenge, since it was one of my favorites to play/read back in the old Exchange days but the concept...hasn't aged well  What by Evanesco. So, I'd be re-writing the "setting" so to speak, and also editing some of the rules. I'd also make a few lots that fit the challenge criteria, so there would be an actual thing to download as well. I wasn't sure if this would be too far off from being actual custom content, and I should just post it elsewhere on my own time
Equinox
Engaging ramble mode...
Undead

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2021, 07:55:00 AM »

TheMediocreSulk, I personally would love to see a "default replacement" of the Asylum concept! As an autistic simmer who's lived with PTSD and depression, I have often thought that there must be ways to play out the concept of "only one controllable sim in a household" without poking fun at mental health issues - if that's what you're getting at, please send me a link, wherever you end up posting it!  Cheesy

My Pillowfort & My Simblr
Homes of Kulo Sena and a ridiculous amount of fantasy-worldbuilder rambling
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2021, 09:01:22 AM »

TheMediocreSulk, I agree with Equinox, a new version of the challenge is a great idea  Smiley
SillySoraya
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2021, 04:58:17 PM »

Hi everyone!

Have already nabbed some of the offerings, so thank you Grin

So I've been a member here for over 10 years but I'm not sure I've ever taken part in a monthly challenge (except downloading lots!). So here's something party-themed, now I've recently learnt how to do something to contribute - default replacements!

I've created a default replacement for aptly-named afbodypartytime from Apartment Life with a Simanaiwan dress with Sentate shoes created by JulieJ here.

The 4 colours are as below  Cool

And a default replacement for the often-ignored teen males! It's for tmbodycoatboots from Glamour Stuff. I used Simgaroop's recolours of the Store Vest here.

Download afbodypartytime here
Download tmbodycoatboots here

They're both for everyday and formal, and have appropriate morphs.

Coffin-Kicker button

« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 05:09:49 PM by randomly-awesome » Logged

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2021, 05:40:04 PM »

Happy first monthly challenge, Randomly!  Cool

rudhira
Undead

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2021, 11:02:18 PM »

Finally done with these so I get to post them!! I had a different plan entirely in mind for this, but what I ended up making was more or less formal/club wear. I tried to make a few pieces holiday appropriate as well!

larger image: Bridesmaid top - Hotel Manager pants

A top and a pair of pants for teens, adults and elders. Not necessarily meant to go together. Adults get preg morphs, both ages get fat morphs. These all use models and textures from the game, though only the tops are texture referenced (to the original six Celebration colours). Or well, the teen and elder pants are texture referenced to adults. Set as everyday and formal.

larger image: Velvet Inferno dress

Here's what I'm most excited about, though! Seven dresses for teens and adults, and again, same deal with morphs. This is just a short dress with heels, though I've also paired it with tights or leggings. The tights do have a slight seam where the foot meets the leg, but I tried my best to make it as unnoticable as possible. I've made some of the dress textures myself, but for the other ones, credit goes to k8, Happy Moon Belly and Salix Tree at Parsimonious. Legwear courtesy of Trillyke, imadako, Xandher, Lillith, SGND, Lemonlion and DeeDee. Teens referenced to adults. Swatch names are kinda out there because I was vibing, but the preview shows them in alphabetical order and they aren't that unintuitive.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 11:09:35 PM by rudhira » Logged

My downloads at: tumblr - Garden of Shadows
TheMediocreSulk
Kindergoth

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2021, 11:32:34 PM »

rudhira, I'm obsessed with the shoes on those pants!

And here's my contribution- a rework/rewrite/re-theme of Scout's Asylum challenge!. A few people said they were interested, even if it's not technically a piece of CC, so I figured that was a green light to go ahead. Plus, it gave me the push to actually finish it...back in the Exchange days I used to love the original challenge for its sheer chaos and absurdity, but looking back on it now after some years passed (and, er...some of my own real-life stays in poorly run mental hospitals)...yeah, I get why it lost popularity pretty quick.

So, without further ado...

Scene opens- You're an aspiring filmmaker, dreaming big of red carpets in star-studded Del Sol Valley but currently stuck drudging your way from minor gig to minor gig. Right now, you're working on a production crew for TLC (The Llama Channel- strangely enough, no actual llamas) and their newest "reality" show. You made a few derisive yet witty remarks when you *thought* the cameras weren't rolling, and the editors- knowing that about 90% of their viewers are hate-watchers - pieced your quips into the show. Fans jumped on them immediately, churning out GIFs, memes, and- to your displeasure- a petition to have you start in the next season as a contestant. Maybe you should've read the fine print on that contract...but, hey, look on the bright side- at least if you win, the prize money will help pay for all your inevitable therapy bills afterwards.

RULES

Spoiler for Hidden:
I kept these fairly similar to the original challenge (minus the goals/scoring- I'll get to that later) but I did try to simplify them- this challenge is about chaos after all, not about rules! Hopefully this way it'll be easier to follow, plus open up some avenues for new strategies.

Base rules:
One controllable sim, seven uncontrollable (your fellow "contestants")- no directing them, no looking at their needs panels, relationship panels, etc. Your playable sim can get a job (turns out, they don't *technically* force you to stay on-set), but not go to community lots. You can invite people over, but no hiring service NPCs (maid, etc).

Building restrictions:

Beds for up to 5 sims (double or single), with no more than 3 in energy or comfort

Seating for up to 6 sims, and up to 1 piece of nappable furniture. No more than 3 energy and 8 in comfort.

Plumbing- 1 toilet, 1 sink, 1 shower/tub (or shower+tub combo)

Appliances- Must have a stove, but no fire alarm.

Skills & Entertainment- nothing over 7 in fun.

No locking doors

Anything else- use your best judgement. If it feels like a loophole, it probably is. If you still want to do it, go ahead! You're only competing against yourself and EAxian autonomy programming.

Misc rules:
-I would recommend setting everybody's gender preference, either with something like Sim Blender or by having each sim do a quick "check sim out" interaction (technically, yes, you're not supposed to control the other contestants, but I won't tell). Adds an extra layer of drama, plus if you're using my new scoring system it meshes well with that.

-Mods/hacks/cheats...y'know, I feel like every challenge used to have a "no hacks" rule, but I have over 300 files in my mods folder that I'm not about to mess with. This is another "if it feels like a loophole..." kind of thing. Make stuff as easy or as hard as you want. The only one I *will* say to take out is Smart Beds- with it in, none of your unplayable sims will autonomously use a bed.

-Anything else. No, seriously, *anything*. The original challenge was written pre-most-EPs, and therefore didn't account for any new features, so I say...free for all! Household pet? Add some supernaturals? Start a home business? Sure, why not? See what happens. Wreak some havoc.

SCORING
Spoiler for Hidden:
You could always do this old-style, where the goal is to reach your playable sim's LTW. I didn't really like this, partially because it's a bit repetitive (most LTWs are career-based) but, honestly, mostly just because I'm *bad* at this game and wanted a challenge I could more easily complete. So, here's a reworked scoring system. Certain things add points, others remove them, get to 100 points (because who doesn't like round numbers?) and you win!

Each career level: 10pts
Each "best friend" with a costar: 5 points
Each "love" with a costar: 10 points. These do stack with the "best friend" points, but be warned- you lose the points if someone catches you and the relationship goes south!
Enemies with a costar: 10 points. Hey, it makes for good TV, right?
Skill maxed: 20 points
5k earned: 10 points

Aspiration failure: -10 points (and clips of you clucking like a chicken are spread all over the internet...oh well, your friends saw you do *much* worse back in college)
Aspiration distress: -5 points
Bladder, energy, or social motive failure: -10
Repo man: -20

As you play, it's fun to see what strategies start to shape up. If it's too easy, up the points required or lower points recieved. Too difficult, or taking too long, do the opposite.

And, now for the actual download part...I built two lots fitting challenge "criteria". Both were playtested (in a copy, of course, not the actual uploaded lot) under full challenge conditions, to work out any issues, but if you run into anything I didn't catch feel free to let me know. Both are cc-free but were built with Ultimate Collection- I couldn't quite figure out how to make them compatible with fewer EPs/SPs. I'm not much of a builder in general (*how* long has that roof slope tool been there??) and I've never built a lot for upload before, so they're not the best but it'll give you a start at least.

Set #1, one story, $35,586

Set #2, two stories,  $37,913

Download HERE

« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 11:52:09 PM by TheMediocreSulk » Logged
aelflaed
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2021, 12:36:45 AM »

SmartBeds will actually be okay in this challenge - just like setting their gender prefs, at the beginning, send each non-controllable to use a bed once, and they will handle it themselves thereafter (even though that means some of them will double-book a bed). I replayed the Asylum version not too long ago, and this strategy worked fine.

I like your update to the challenge setting!

Equinox
Engaging ramble mode...
Undead

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2021, 05:45:01 AM »

Thank you for sharing your rework of the challenge, TheMediocreSulk! It is appreciated, and the new concept made me smile.  Smiley

Also, thanks from another non-builder for sharing your sets!

My Pillowfort & My Simblr
Homes of Kulo Sena and a ridiculous amount of fantasy-worldbuilder rambling
SillySoraya
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2021, 12:26:57 PM »

OMG I used to adore the asylum challenge and still sometimes do similar challenges now for fun! Cheesy

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: