Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2009.12 - Default Revamp  (Read 601067 times)
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 04:42:24 AM »

I've had these kicking around for ages... but this month's theme prompted me to paint new eyes, build the textures properly, and fix some weird issues with disappearing carvings.

Behold the wooden Servo!  Perfect for Fantasy, Steampunk, or historical games where you just don't want to do without robots for some reason.  

Servos are useful, friendly creatures that can not only do household chores, they can be sold for quite a hefty sum before initialization.  They also make excellent employees, since they only need power (sleep or recharging in sunlight), social, and fun.

Sometimes, you just don't want a big metal robot lunking around the place... so why not try one made of wood, instead?  They're no more water-resistant, and they'll still serve food if anyone in the household is the least little bit hungry, but they do have a certain warm charm this way.

This ravishing creature is Serviette, and she has been lovingly handcrafted of the finest materials.  Really, just look at that craftsmanship!  Carved details on both front and back, crystalline eyes, and original inlaid 'plumb bob' knees add detail.  Soft leather hands and smooth, rounded forearms ensure your Servos will be safe for use around children.

WHAT YOU GET: One whompin' huge file weighing in at 12.38MB with high-res textures (double the usual resolution) that work for male and female servos... with unique eye colors for werewolves, vampires, and witches.  

Males have darker blue eyes than females by default, because I kinda liked that idea.  

Females have wood-stain lipstick and blush.  Female vampires have redder lipstick and blush.  Male anythings do not get makeup.

No, there aren't any male Servos shown here... or any viral life-states.  Servos look so dang similar no matter what you do that I felt like I had to leave SOME surprises.

WHAT YOU NEED: Open For Business.

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:  Feel free to fiddle, twiddle, diddle, fold, spindle, mutilate, share, upload, download, reload, unload, lather, rinse, repeat... but keep 'em off TSR and if you want to use these textures on a pay file... well, please see my read me.  I assure you it's at least as legal as TSR's privacy policy.  If anyone wants the PSD files, let me know and I'll zip 'em and fling up online.  Yes, the high resolution I used on the textues does make the packages larger, but I felt it was worth it.  If you want a more standard-resolution version, let me know and I'll whip one up.

These are default replacements, and with defaults as with Immortals, there can be only one.  Make sure you don't have any other default Servos in your downloads folder, not even just default Servo eyes (Servos don't really have that kind of genetics; the eyes are painted onto the head).  Two defaults in your folder will not cause a big fiery ball visible from space, just a 'last mod loaded wins' situation.

(Requires Open For Business)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:38:07 AM by Yuxi » Logged

Aquilegia
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 05:18:13 AM »

*incoherent squeeing*

HAT. THOSE ARE GORGEOUS. OMG. *grabbitygrabbitygrab*

Eva
uhoh I'm a
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 06:00:30 AM »

Sweet Jeebus, I didn't vote for this theme, but with a bunch of amazing stuff in only 2 days already, I think this might become the best monthly theme ever.

Hat, the wooden robots are amazing, and I totally love you for making them high resolution!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:04:01 AM by E.A. Poe » Logged

TeacupxTrauma
Just another
Undead

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 08:18:26 AM »

Almighty Hat, THAT IS AMAZING OMG OMG OMG OMG I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU.

onyxpetals
Apparetly, I'm a
Gutter Punk

I shall eat all your cookies.

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 08:37:13 AM »

Almighty Hat> that is one awesome robot. *thumbs up*

edit:
okay, i really want to say it....
when I posted an idea about a Maxis Revamp, it didn't occur to me that it would be smushed up with defaults.
-Not that it's bad or anything-
but if some people made defaults of the same thing, how about the other default look that you liked too?
you have to interchange it.
which is (by my lazy standards-and some others) troublesome.
So what will happen is, you just choose one over the other.
BTW, I really like Ja's idea to make two versions a default and a custom one. XD cheers!

I am really bad at explanations, I am so sorry.
before I could elaborate more, the ideas thread was closed ( I have horrible perception of time)
I just let it go coz whatever right?
I think I was leaning on a make over of maxis made recolors?
like, if one of your neighborhood is themed apocalyptic and another steampunk etc,
and there was one uh... table that has all the recolors you need,
it's way easier isn't it? ~ uhm... I think I explained it better.
anyway... yeah, so I said it.
*raises both hands*
please don't kill me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:13:06 AM by onyxpetals » Logged

dstucki
Gutter Punk

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 09:57:09 AM »

Those Servos are flipping gorgeous!
Eva
uhoh I'm a
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »

Anuvi if you have Simpe check through your clothing defaults (like the child ones on the first pg I am currently checking if I have those already defaulted in simpe) as that is a way to make certain you do not have doubles. Pain in the bottom but at least it's something. ... Which I did already have defaulted and have now deleted to put in Ja's more pretty version   Big Grin

Could you explain how to do that for a not-so-SimPE-literate like me? Should I use the Guid scanner, or the clothing scanner?

neuroticrobotic
Macabre Miscreant

Square-ier

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 10:27:14 AM »

ALMIGHTY HAT!  I gasped. *puddlifies*
Suck

(lj)       (dw)       (tumblr)
pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »

Would you guys like hair texture replacements? I'm replacing game textures with nouk textures Smiley

EDIT: Maybe for this month theme I won't have ALL EPs and SPs hairs done, but I can continue with this project later.

WIP in my Dreamwidth
Aquilegia
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »

Would you guys like hair texture replacements? I'm replacing game textures with nouk textures Smiley

That'd be awesome!

Bosie
Elitist Motherfucker
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Bitch, please.

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 11:44:52 AM »

onyxpetals: *kills you, but for another reason: typing as though we're in a chatroom. It's irritating.*

but if some people made defaults of the same thing, how about the other default look that you liked too? you have to interchange it. which is (by my lazy standards-and some others) troublesome. So what will happen is, you just choose one over the other. BTW, I really like Ja's idea to make two versions a default and a custom one. XD cheers!

I don't think it would be exactly right to ask everyone to redo their stuff for both. Sometimes the process can be time-consuming, and one either has no more time left or isn't feeling up to it after all that work. That should be left up to the creator, and if they don't want to make their creations custom themselves, maybe they could just give permission for someone else to do it. Laziness isn't a great excuse, and making custom cc from defaults doesn't require any special skills.

Almighty Hat: Those look really awesome Cheesy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:51:56 AM by Bosie » Logged
Ja
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 11:55:26 AM »

EDIT: Maybe for this month theme I won't have ALL EPs and SPs hairs done, but I can continue with this project later.

I've been meaning to do this since I discovered it was possible, but apparently I fail at hair retexturing, so yes! I'd love it.
I once even dreamt I made a thread where all goslings worked together to replace the maxis hair textures, as in, one would sign up to the thread and they were assigned a hair and so on.. yeah, weird

Regarding the offering both versions, I do so because I make the custom versions first, then default, but other people may have different methods and like Bosie said, it's easy to un-default. I do believe laziness is a valid excuse when talking about cc, we're not getting paid, and just offer because we like it.

Besides, according to my mediafire the default versions are downloaded much more than the custom ones =P

Eva
uhoh I'm a
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »

That would be absolutely amazing!

bluemonkey
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »

Hot damn Almighty Hat! That wooden servo has lit my ass aflame.  Drool

This was MUCH needed for my period neighborhood. Thank-you, thank-you and thank-you!
FadeToBlack
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

i came back haunted

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 01:04:45 PM »

My game isn't steampunk or historical at all, really, but those robots are too gorgeous to ignore. They're going straight into my game.

pinketamine, replacement hair textures sounds like the best idea since sliced bread.

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: