Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cloning SimWardrobe Produce Packing Station  (Read 465 times)
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« on: December 05, 2021, 08:57:48 PM »

I had a very rare actual me-time day today, and went poking about in crafting stations, like I do; and I found something that puzzles me.

How does the SimWardrobe Produce Packer appear in the catalog? And what has to be done to clone it?

The Produce Packing Station has eleven files. One of them is the decorative empty crate, which is placed on the station while a sim is packing, and can't be bought, which makes sense. Nine of them appear to just be the actual packed produce, they have functions that allow them to be unpacked, but otherwise seem like straight forward normal object files.
The last file contains the mesh and textures for the station itself, along with all of the necessary coding. It has two OBJDs, neither of which is set to appear in the catelog. And yet... the object obvious DOES appear in the catelog.

What sort of wizardry is this?  Sherlock Holmes

SimWardrobe's Produce Packing Station can be downloaded here.

Mortire
Undead

Custom food is the most awesome download there is

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 02:43:44 AM »

I haven't checked in-game, but I am assuming the packing station shows up in the buildmode -> gardening section, because under the RAW data tab for Part 1, next to the catalog sort, it's set to Build mode type 4, and Buildmode subsort 10, which is the Gardening section: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=OBJD#Build_mode_type_and_subsort (if you, like me, have had many a rogue bush or tree annoyingly sorted under decorative plants, this, and many other things can be fixed by changing the type and subsort. Also pricing can be fixed in the RAW data tab)
I believe you need to have the advanced settings in SimPe enabled to see/access the RAW data tab.

As for cloning, what part of cloning is it that you need help with?
Do you just want to replace the mesh and texture, or do you want to make a packing station of your own with different things to be packed?
The first requires no cloning at all, while the second requires you to do some BHAV modding, of which the Part 1 packing station file have 96 ​ Shocked
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 02:53:26 AM by Mortire » Logged
Lena88
Kindergoth

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 06:12:51 AM »

Its either BUILD - GARDENING section or BUY - HOBBY/SKILL section.
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 02:56:21 PM »

OH! It's so obvious now that you say it! Thank you, Mortire! (And for the confirmation, Lena.)
I guess I've never sorted something anywhere that required using the RAW data.

That sorts everything out for me as far as cloning! I just thought something weird was going on with the objd that would have to be accounted for in cloning, but as usual, I'm just an eternal newbie.  Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: