Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2024.03-04 Sim's Best Friend & Conversion Immersion  (Read 4790 times)
Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« on: March 01, 2024, 01:40:21 PM »

Sim's Best Friend - Pets, real or deco, and anything they'd need
Conversion Immersion - Extracted and converted content from other games

Please include a 150x100 button for the index.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 08:45:28 PM by Becca » Logged

ErdaFreem
Kindergoth

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 03:38:05 PM »

Hello from a long-time lurker.
I recently attempted to create my dog in the game and am mildly satisfied with the results. As it happens, this theme was chosen and I figured: why not break the ice by sharing it?

Maleni, my dog, is a black Voivodina Pulin. Pulins - not to be mistaken for Hungarian Puli - are an old local breed that is not officially recognized by most kennel clubs (at least from info I managed to gather). They are so common in my area that I actually didn't know they had a separate name - they were simply "the village dogs" for me. Most commonly they come in black variety and might have some white markings on chest, muzzle or paws, with second most common variety being solid white Pulins. Some other colorations also exist. Maleni, specifically, has very small tuft of white on his chest, but I couldn't recreate that without any CC. They are often described to resemble a miniature wolf.

Pulins are a versatile breed, having been used for pretty much everything in villages - herding, hunting, guarding... They are on average very smart and equally headstrong dogs, with more energy than is sane. Maleni, specifically, is very friendly towards other dogs, but can act aggressive towards people when he is leashed. He also has an obsession with trying to jump cars with is equal parts hilarious and horrifying during our walks.

One thing all Pulins are is extremely loyal - they choose one master and will protect them unconditionally.
Also loud. SO MUCH BARKING!!!

Anywho...
Some additional pics of both black and white Pulins in the download archive.
Enjoy and:

Download on SFS

shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 09:27:35 AM »

Hello ErdaFreem, thank you for sharing your sweet dog Maleni and also for the info about Pulins  Smiley
fenris
Kindergoth

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 01:46:07 PM »

hello! i recently learned how to make pet accessories (with a big thanks to deedee for helping me understand the process!) so here are gryning's butterfly wings as cat collar accessories! they come in the original blue, with green, grey, pink, and orange recolors. you can recolor them easily by cloning the blue recolor in simpe's object workshop and fixing the integrity and changing the string in the XMOL (explained in this mts tutorial). here's a bigger version of the screenshot used in the thumbnail for a better view of the back.

dropbox // sfs

shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 07:39:02 AM »

fenris, those are adorable, thank you! And your previews are gorgeous  thanks
Aureliana
Kindergoth

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 02:24:36 PM »

I've made something small for "Sim's Best Friend". Ten simple, not green, recolors of Tvickiesims 3t2 Iams bonus pet bed.

I included swatches, pictures and the mesh. Everything is compressed.

Download

ErdaFreem
Kindergoth

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 06:12:40 PM »

shasta: thanks for the welcome! Maleni got a little mix-breed sister/friend earlier this week and she's a godsend for his energy levels.

fenris: I love those wings! Pity I would never get around to using them (I know myself well enough), 'cuz they are ADORABLE

Aureliana: Consider those pet beds snagged!
CreeSims
Gutter Punk

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 06:57:21 PM »

I extracted some Fallout New Vegas textures and made a few recolors

13 billboards on PsychoSim's 6 tile wall ad and the Engineered Angst poster

6 recolors of the functional blackjack table from Frac and Davina's Booze It and Lose It set. Their set already has the matching textures for the roulette table

Download - Alternate

renegadewolfe
Kindergoth

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 09:11:15 PM »

Hello! In the spirit of Sim's Best Friend I revived an old project and created the Afghan Hound as a large dog breed. The result isn't perfect due to the limitations of TS2 in terms of coat shape, but I'm pretty satisfied regardless!
 This is an incredibly old breed, pre-dating most modern breeds from the 19th century. It's hard to pinpoint the exact date the Afghan Hound as we know it began to exist but officially in 1907 the "ideal" dog (Zardin) was brought to England from India.

Originally the breed was used for hunting, must like the Greyhound, Saluki, etc. but it is no longer used for that purpose. I think now they just sit in the front seat of convertibles and confuse people with their Fabio-esque hair.

They can come in several colors, but I chose black, blonde, blonde w/ a mask, and a sable-type coloration.

I do use these pooklet coat colors and this nose/toe marking. The blonde w/ a mask does have a dorsal stripe marking you'll need to download. Please note it does cut off a bit abruptly at the top.

Fun fact: an Afghan Hound was the first dog to be successfully cloned in 2005.

Afghan Hound - Black
Afghan Hound - Blonde
Afghan Hound - Blonde w/ Mask
Afghan Hound - Sable

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 09:17:54 PM by renegadewolfe » Logged
diwa
Kindergoth

kailanma't kailangan mo ako

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2024, 09:22:44 AM »

Little Learner's Liberty Bowl (§150)

Tired of bottles stinking up the place? Say goodbye to musical high chairs and let your little one's culinary independence begin!
With its rounded edges and just-right size, it's perfect for tiny hands learning to feed themselves. Let the munching madness begin!

the mesh is a 4t2 conversion i made of littlbowbubs' toddler foods with their permission

CHOOSE ONLY ONE

if you put all in your download folder, the last one to load will be the texture that appears for you in game.
i couldn't figure out how to keep all 3, sorry!

thanks so much to Theraven for editing the files to be fully recolourable! you now no longer have to choose Cheesy
apple spinach acts as the mesh and the two other flavours are recolours.

download - alternate

« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 11:32:31 AM by diwa » Logged

But for all the beasts trapped in the Nether
All life from out the loch and heather
The flock that could not work together
Are sure still trapped in Hell.

simblr
ghoularcade
diet soda addict
Kindergoth

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2024, 03:10:16 AM »

A couple of ACNH conversions for you all! These were originally converted to ts4 by SimderTalia,
and I simply converted them to ts2. I will one day go through all the models of that game and
convert things directly...but that's a project for another day!

In this set you get a Dreamy Bear plush (1 swatch), Dreamy Bunny Plush (2 swatches),
a Birthday Cake (5 swatches), Candy (5 swatches), a Lollypop (5 swatches), and a Beverage Can (4 swatches). Enjoy!

SFS (1.6 mb)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 05:03:19 PM by ghoularcade » Logged
kalux
Kate * kalux * she/they
Undead

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2024, 02:15:42 AM »

Who lets your cat sleep inside a tv? Square Tube Cat Bed!

A cozy, kitschy cubby for cool cats and kittens. A retro roost for a comfort boost.

A bargain at §35. 700-ish polys. Exclusively for cats and kittens. Has a dirty state for the cushion.
Cushion is repo'ed to the cheap pet bed. Cushion recolors (except beige) not included.
Get them here (scroll way down).

TV casing is a modification of nonsensical-pixels' 4t2 Square Tube TV from the TS4 Basement Treasures Kit.
It comes in the four original EAxis textures shown.

Note: The cushion is lower than the standard TS2 pet beds.
Cats will sit in the right place on it, but might move a little strangely getting in and out.
Cleaning it will obviously look awful, arms right through the tv, but oh well.

DOWNLOAD: SFS or MediaFire

Credits: nonsensical-pixels for the 4t2 tv, kayleigh83 for extracted TS4 textures (thanks again!)

[IOU a button....f'real this time]

(this got really crunchy and I'm kinda mad at it)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 02:48:14 AM by kalux » Logged

ghoularcade
diet soda addict
Kindergoth

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2024, 03:17:06 AM »

Oh so cute Kalux! I'm so excited to see my pixel kitties all curled up inside one Smiley
Xia/Squeezle
Kindergoth

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2024, 03:18:00 PM »

Really nice submissions, y'all! Smiley
Rocket Horse
Pretty-Suited Simming Soldier
Kindergoth

Vroom Vroom Whinny

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2024, 10:58:34 AM »

This theme was the push I finally needed to learn how to convert objects, and I'm so excited! I have plenty more plans, and I'd like to take a peek at making clothing/hair/accessory conversions and edits too, but that's for another day.
For now, I have some deco/furniture conversions from a variety of video games. I apologise in advance if anything here has already been converted.

Let's start with pure personal indulgence: There was an English Sailor Moon PC game released in the early 2000s called "The 3D Adventures of Sailor Moon". The models are so janky but so dear to me, and remind me of the equally janky adventure dolls that were briefly released into the North American market before being swiftly replaced by the Bandai face moulds.
I thought this concept was a match made in heaven, so now your Sims can also have an ugly yet endearing Sailor Moon doll of their very own.

I'm planning on doing the rest of the Guardians too, but learning to pose and re-map this one was enough for now, haha.
She's in Deco > Sculptures and costs §630, because I try to price objects with businesses in mind (and for June 30th, her birthday).
And if you've ever owned one of these dolls yourself, you'll find an easter egg in the catalogue description Wink

Next up are some Poke Dolls converted from Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee/Pikachu - the eponymous Eevee & Pikachu plus the Substitute doll.
Under Deco > Sculptures for §550. Eevee & Pikachu each have a bonus shiny recolour.

I know there's already a 4T2 Froggy Chair floating around, but I'm pretty sure it's a recreation and not a game rip.
This is a functional dining chair and includes all the in-game swatches, plus a bonus "glitch" swatch that's just the ACNH normal map because I thought it looked neat.
It costs §1,200, same as in Bells, which makes it one of the most expensive chairs in the game. Rich frogs!

Next are some simple conversions from The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
It's the only other game I've ever loved as much as The Sims and I'm so excited I can now make these worlds collide Cheesy

A humble Goddess Hylia statue. She's a little taller than most adult Sims, so about the same size as the smaller statues you find in villages, etc.
She's under Deco > Sculptures for §3,330.

And the ring garland from Kakariko Village.
Available under Deco > Wall Hangings for §5 (the same price Koko sells them for!).
I also made four bonus recolours. (SWATCH)

EDIT: I just realised this is upside-down. doh Based on the way it fuses to your equipment and how they are displayed at stables, the rope should be tied at the top, not the bottom.
I fixed it, but I like both options, so you can choose which one you want! They have the same GUID so you can only keep one. Please re-download the file if you want the more accurate version. Embarrassed

And lastly, a small item from One Piece Pirate Warriors.

This is modified from Luffy's model, and I'm definitely going to try and make some wearable versions, but for now, it makes a cool prop or merchandise.
It's under Deco > Wall Hangings for §55 (also his birthday).

This isn't a new mesh, but it's still a conversion of sorts! I took a few KK Slider albums that I thought were interesting and put them on the "In Memory of Johnny Gnome" mesh from Pets. There are 29 total.

And I have something for "Sim's Best Friend", too! Well, sort of.

Toddlers can nap in pet beds, so I've taken to dual-purposing this pillow for CC-free nurseries/community lots, and wanted to recolour them to match. So this is really more for toddler's sake than pets', but I also think giving your pets a matching bed next to your Sims' beds would be adorable.
They all have matching dirty states.

Okay... there is actually one more thing that combines both themes. Remember the Sailor Moon game? Of course I'm not through with it yet.
In one of the mini-games you destroy tiny little blobby enemies that have absolutely no relation to the Sailor Moon canon. I decided to let Luna and Artemis have their revenge and turned it into a catnip toy.

It's bigger than the Maxis catnip toy, so the animations do clip, but this was intentional because I lose track of the tiny mouse way too easily when it's time to clean it up.
And on that note, this toy also has a broken mesh/texture state, as seen on the left.

Thank you to GoS for being the push I needed!

Download Everything @ SFS
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:55:49 PM by Rocket Horse » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: