Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daisy Chain 2022  (Read 12228 times)
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2022, 12:17:40 PM »

Hello! If you signed up and didn't get around to finishing and/or sharing your gift, please do! It's okay if it's late. We probably won't have another Daisy Chain so let's go out with a bang  Smiley
maxon
Waaaaaaaaaaah!
Kindergoth

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2022, 06:34:20 PM »

First of all, let me apologise for my submission being so late in the day.  I had to go off away from home last week to deal with a family ‘emergency’ (nothing horrid, so don’t worry, just something that had to be done ‘right now’ apparently (yes, I’m a bit PO about it)).  Anyway, I’d started these and haven’t finished but have decided to post now or I’ll never do it and we’ll have to regard this as a WiP.

So my prompt was My Way or the Highway – a tricky one and I finally gave up on trying an imaginative metaphorical interpretation and went for a literal one instead.  I decided to add something to my attempt to ‘British-ise my game’, in this case: British Road Signs.  I have only made six here but made a new CC mesh for the sign itself.  It’s alpha-channel controlled head means you can make different shaped signs for it.  So we have British road signs for: Give Way (Yield, I think, for American drivers.  This is probably the most common sign on British roads), Stop, Crossing, School, Traffic Lights and No Entry.  There are more to come.  They can be found in Misc>Misc and cost $70. 286 polys.  They are visible from space (or the neighbourhood and other lots).

The new mesh was the ‘My Way’ part of the project as they are available on lots, the ‘Highway’ bit was that I also made a version of the mesh for a neighbourhood version of the signs but have not mapped this mesh yet.  There was also supposed to be a new set of road tiles too but, as I said, this is going to have to be a work in progress.  If you are interested in the set, keep an eye on the thread at tflc (my site) as I will update once I get stuff done.

Download here
https://littlecarping.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=104&pid=179#pid179

Once again, sorry it’s so late. There's a little bonus on that thread - I made a recolour of Pixelhate's 1-tile full wall poster as an illustration of my prompt using this image:

which can act as my banner.

Thanks should go to pforest for a really helpful tutorial: https://pforestsims.tumblr.com/post/677455441366761472/how-to-fix-png-transparency-artifacts, also lunie and frac.  Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 06:40:45 PM by maxon » Logged
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2022, 07:12:32 PM »

maxon, hip-hip-hooray for these, especially the one-mesh-fits-all aspect! And your prompt was hard, I can't think of anything I'd like better for a Highway prompt than these, thank you.
Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

You hear voices, I hear music.

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2022, 08:20:19 PM »

I really like your signs, maxxon.
I have this folder with around a hundred textures and a bunch of signs I edited from ancient meshes and new sign meshes I made. But I lost track of where I was on it.
I'm wondering if you can show me how your signs work and maybe I can use them for a bunch of these sweet textures I have?

"It's hard to fight an enemy with outposts in your head." S.King
CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2022, 04:48:02 AM »

Thanks to those who have shared something - I especially love that street light semio!

And bother, I missed the sign-up (for the last-ever Daisy Chain too) - maybe one day my brain will work on the same time zone as the rest of the world!

shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2022, 07:51:23 AM »

We have a hidden gift today!  Sherlock Holmes

Visual clues!
Audio clue!

Within These Walls are 2 bus stops. Search for the correct route.

edit: It's been unhidden! xavier's gift was found here and can be downloaded here. Their prompt was Under My Umbrella.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 04:51:25 PM by shastakiss » Logged
Hermit Fox
I also respond to name "digi"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2022, 05:07:04 PM »

Oh yay! I was hoping someone would choose to hide their gift so I could try finding it and I actually found it! I'm not completely rusty at this! Cheesy

Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2022, 07:16:44 PM »

Found it!

SadoAlice
Elegant Victorian Lady
Undead

Ai shiteru yo, Vivi ashita ni nareba

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2023, 05:04:13 AM »

Seems like Deatherella's link is broken Sad does anybody have a working link?
Hermit Fox
I also respond to name "digi"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2023, 05:20:58 PM »

Seems like Deatherella's link is broken Sad does anybody have a working link?
I searched bit and found it on their own site here, the link in that post works and goes to https://simfileshare.net/folder/180792/ so I edited their post and fixed the link. Smiley

Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2023, 07:53:27 PM »

Thanks, HermitFox.  A while back I was re-organizing my sfs and didn't realize that I killed a few links that went straight to folders when I uploaded them. I put all the Daisy Chain stuff I've done all in one folder, now, and the Golden Opportunity had its own folder to begin with. Sorry I didn't even realize that I messed up the link when I did that.

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: