Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sunni's stone roads with stone sidewalk  (Read 1639 times)
didyouevenmakeasound
Kindergoth

« on: June 30, 2020, 09:54:29 AM »

Hi!  Smiley

I love Sunni's stone road default (https://modthesims.info/d/392269/stone-road-and-grass-replacement-updated.html), but it's kind of annoying to not have any pavement. Would anyone with knowledge of that kind of stuff be willing to add a stone sidewalk to the default? I was thinking maybe the base game 'Pavers Lead The Way' floor tile, as the colours work together and the floor tile also points in four directions. Below is a set of pictures to show what I was hoping... I would want the sidewalk to cover both of the two tiles on either side of the road.

Thank you very much if someone takes this on Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:54:46 AM by shastakiss » Logged
PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 09:24:51 AM »

Hi there, I took on this request for you but did not want to say so until making sure I'd actually have time to do it... try not to promise things I cannot complete.

I'm pretty much done, but am still fiddling with the Material Definition settings in SimPE trying to adjust the on-lot road tile flooring lighting to see if I can get it to a closer match for the off-lot road tile shading.  I've previously done five default roads for various 'hoods in my own game, but have only ever worked with CuriousB's defaults as a base, so this is a bit different as Sunni's on-lot road is actual flooring pieces and not a single deco object piece.  Also have a lighting mod installed that could be throwing things off a bit too.  

Some in-game images are below.  As you can see, the add-on sidewalk can be seen from lot view and 'hood view.  Let me know if this works for you, and I'll try to stop fussing with it and get it uploaded.

Edit: Forgot to mention getting rid of that deco snow texture that was on the original road piece ends, as the color and shading just did not match up... especially if you have a snow texture default replacement installed.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 12:17:30 PM by PenelopeT » Logged

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 03:08:22 PM »

Wait, do you mean you removed the snow texture overlay on the road? So like, the road never looks snowy?
(I have the snow-flicker problem, and would be very excited if that were the case.)

PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 04:00:19 PM »

Alfi, if you're referring to Sunni's default, do you have the newer Seasons ready version?  If that's not the default you're asking about, never mind on that.  Wink  As for the snow I removed (and replaced with the stone floor tile) from this default, there were two end road sections (where the lantern sits in the last image shown above) that had a light snow and heavy snow texture that had a weird tint to it around the corners.  So no, I've not removed the ability for the road to get the usual dusting of snow (as shown in the third image) that occurs in the game.

As for a snow-flicker problem, I've never had that issue occur before (and I use mods that make it snow more often and the accumulation amount heavier).  Maybe, someone else can chime in on that one.  eek

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 04:37:17 PM »

Ah, I see. The dusting is still there.

No, I don't have any defaults in.
It's a problem specific to windows 10 with less-great gpus, the normal maps on the "dusting" gets messed up so that the game doesn't know whether to display the road texture or the snow texture on top.
I've just been keeping an eye out for anything that might just remove that "dusting" texture entirely. I haven't been able to find the txtr myself.

PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 05:44:52 PM »

Oh, Windows 10. *shakes fists*

Ever since I switched my game over from my older Windows 7 Pro desktop, to a newer gaming desktop that has Windows 10 Pro on it I've been crossing my fingers that there will not be any major issues.  And after removing/disabling A LOT of unnecessary OS features, manually doing a few tweaks here and there with the Graphics Rules.sgr and Video Cards.sgr so my GPU (NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super 8GB GDDR6) was recognized, as well as removing SecuROM, I've very luckily not had any gameplay issues.  Not sue if it's because I'm also on a disc install (as opposed to the Ultimate Collection) or what, but I'll take the luck any way it comes.  

Either way, this OS really is shite though.  Microsoft should be ashamed.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 05:58:17 PM by PenelopeT » Logged

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »

Actually the OS has been really good to me in general. I've found it much more stable, and far better at juggling tasks without over-burdening itself than past OSes have been. It has its problems, but I definitely wouldn't go backwards. This feels like less a busted OS problem, and more like one of those unavoidable errors that occur when a dozen very complex systems collide.

Now... the fact that they made a tablet pc, a tool that is primarily used by people in the graphic arts and media production businesses, but then proceeded to give it an underpowered integrated gpu, and then design the cooling system so that all the heat from the battery is immediately pumped *straight into the cpu*; that's the real tragedy to me. That I don't get.
I'm saving up for Waccom's tablet pc now. I've out-classed all the rigs that are holding themselves back by trying to appeal to the masses.

But I've strayed off topic. xD
The roads look super cozy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: