Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christmas in July 2020 - Gifts and Stocking Stuffers!  (Read 56394 times)
Idea
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 02:18:26 AM »

You can literally feel the love you all put in your gifts! That touches me somehow.

Here is my stocking stuffer for this event

Everything above are conversions of Syboubou's @TSR Industrial Coffee Shop.

The 2-tile display is cloned from Veranka's Bakery display, the 1-tile is an addon by me and I made a matching counter for the converted counter island.
Known issues: sinks don't work on the counter tops and there are no corners.
All the items are pretty low poly.

The fridge is a TS4 conversion of a Pqsim4 modified EA mesh.

Dining chair, barstool and hanging fern are by sim_man123 @TSR.

The functional clock is a conversion of a TS3 mesh by Lulu265 @TSR

The tarts are edible food by SimsDesignAvenue and I turned them into deco objects.

DOWNLOAD

>>>>> tumblr <<<<<
SillySoraya
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 03:34:45 AM »

CrispsandKerosene - That roof flashing is exactly what I need! And have nabbed the wallpapers too
hypersaline- LOVE that elder top and the terrains!

maxon
Waaaaaaaaaaah!
Kindergoth

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 05:26:25 AM »

I'm just popping in to say a couple of things.

First of all, in my mad struggle to get stuff done and make a present for someone who shall remain nameless for just the moment, I had completely overlooked the fact that someone was making a gift for me.  Imagine my pleasure then to come over yesterday and find a message in my inbox from Veetie with a pressie for me!  I hope you will understand Veetie, in the light of what I am going to say next, that I will not post about your gift in detail immediately but be assured I think they are GORJUS and I will post later once I've had a chance to look at everything in detail.  Thank you so much.

Second comment, I came over to say I am struggling a bit to get this done but hope to finish by the end of the week (before actually) so my present will be coming but not quite just yet.  I still have to write the thing up and make pictures and there's some texturing involved.  I hope that's ok.

Last - some lovely stuff here already.  I can see I will go on a download binge once this is all over.  Happy Christmas everyone.
croiduire
Kindergoth

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 06:15:21 AM »

Everything here is amazing, and I foresee a downloading binge in my near future (as soon as I have a decent computer again), but I have to say thank you particularly and right now to hypersaline. I've been looking for a terrain like Boxed Beach for literally years for a story idea that insists it wants to be a neighbourhood. It wasn't my gift, but it feels like it was made just for me; it's that perfect! Thank you thank you thank you to hypersaline for the awesome and to hemfbg for sharing so generously.
Equinox
Engaging ramble mode...
Undead

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 07:55:25 AM »

Maxon - you're very welcome! I'm glad you like your gift - take all the time you need to finish yours up Smiley

My Pillowfort & My Simblr
Homes of Kulo Sena and a ridiculous amount of fantasy-worldbuilder rambling
keoni
Undead

Wait... what?

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »

I love everything that has been shared  Cheesy Thank you all for sharing! I really wish I played a period game. Someday...

I have a small stocking stuffer to share:

It's a recolor of the 3t2 Rowena Oval painting, converted by delonariel. Shiasims' edited mesh is included. Comes in Shastakiss' Island colors.
I've also made two recolors of the actual painting. One plumbob, inspired by a recolor by Tee-sims, and one freezer bunny.

child_of_air
Undead

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 01:26:49 PM »

SadoAlice was my secret Santa, and she made me some Victorian clothing for children, which is definitely her specialty.

Surprise! I'm your santa this year. I didn't have a chance to make all I wanted, but I've come with some gifts I hope you'll like!

First off are some clothes for kids and toddlers; You mentioned wanting grungy, historically accurate clothes, so I made some recolors of a CF and PF Sussi dress in Illenlan's Victorian colors. On the not-so-grungy side, I made you some recolors of Decat's Cocomama pinafores in the same palette,  and some Nyren recolors of a child dress Cakeyy did for me a few years back.
For teens is only one outfit. I took Cakeyy's mid-victorian mesh they made for you, and put Sherahbim's Sophie (apronless) texture on it; this also comes in Victorian colors. The while one is enabled for everyday and formal; the rest are everyday only.
And lastly, not pictured, is a tiny treat for your medieval game. I don't know if it will even apply to you, but one of MTS's Dark Project textures for children had display issues in my game, so I reimported it with a fixed bumpmap. I threw it in in case it was of use to you. All meshes except this are included; it's tiggerypum's layered dress that every historical simmer already seems to have.
And that's it! I hope you like your gift, and feel free to share.

Download here: https://simfil.es/1955572/

I was hoping for some clothing for boys, so she also threw in this, which is an original creation I really love!

How's this look? I tried to get it as close as possible to the picture, but I ended up taking a few creative liberties. I've made it for boys only, in Everyday, Formal and Outerwear. Comes in Victorian Colors, plus the original brown I used, the grey recolor base, and one brown I accidentally came up with and liked enough to keep.

Download: https://simfil.es/1960284

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 03:05:15 PM »

You can literally feel the love you all put in your gifts! That touches me somehow.

I know, after such a weird month, I'm grateful for this thread full of generosity and warm-fuzzies.
Speaking of warm-fuzzies... this set is so nostalgic. This looks like a coffee shop you'd see around here, and wow do I miss going to coffee shops. Thank you!!  Heart burp

Other standouts for me: the table-top RPG (such good character-building clutter), the roof flashing (which I could have used when I was taking preview photos), those plastic boxes holding christmas wrapping supplied look just like my mom's, I want Keoni's paintings on my real-life wall, and oh my gosh those dirty victorian children's clothes are so charming. I can picture the kids outside playing in the woods.

<3

Meduza
Undead

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 03:19:41 PM »

My Secret Santa was Parsin.

Quote from: Parsin
Hello Meduza! I’m Parsin, your secret santa for this event. If you see “Parsavine” somewhere in the description, that’s me. If you’ve seen “Surei” when downloading the file, that’s also me. I’m a person with many names, but anyway it’s gift-giving time.

Converted from TS3: Into the Future, it’s Suit Balloon. The EP was what I’ve thought about when coming up with ideas for the science fiction concept.

After noting that you don’t like very high heels, I’ve paired the suit with…

these shoes, as they have no heels at all. They’re from ITF as well.
The outfit comes with 16 recolors, only 4 are actual textures. The other 12 are a combination of the 4 textures.

Triangles: 4428
Vertices: 3636

As I feel bad for not being able complete more gifts on time, I offer to you a
coupon for a new CAS object of you choosing. (Is that allowed? XD)

Don't feel bad about your gift, its really nice! I like TS3 conversions and my game lacks sci-fi clothing. This dress will be welcome in my downloads folder. Smiley

EDIT: I forgot to leave download link.  wah You can download Parsin's gift at SFS.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 03:26:45 PM by Meduza » Logged

Idea
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 04:13:28 PM »

Oh those dirty clothes are sooo lovely!

>>>>> tumblr <<<<<
CrispsandKerosene
Gutter Punk

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2020, 05:21:58 PM »

My Santa was the awesome AlfredAskew, who made me the kind of slightly niche but very useful stuff I love:

I was really excited to pull your name. I love your modded objects, your affection for TS1, your Crisp style.
So I hope what I've put together suits your game!

The first half was a bit of a gamble:

I've personally always loved Simlogical's School Set, but the meshes were too utilitarian, and took me out of the game. So I made them more attractive, using meshes from ATS2, TS4, and Living Dead Girl.
(For the sake of the sharing thread, the set and instructions on how to use it are found here.)

The "institution sign", and "school bell" are clones, and can be used alongside the originals. They come in Maxis brick and stone colors.
Also, there are some random solar panel retextures, including green roofs and a wild rainbow pattern that matches M&G colors. (Oversight on my part: I thought the large solarpanel was slaved to the smaller one... it is not. whoops.)

Inside the school, we have three different clones of the "crowd controllers". They're skinned to LivingDeadGirl's hallway clock, sign, and flyer. I retextured the sign and flyer with a variety of simlish designs. Including two inside jokes from my own high-school, for authenticity I guess. There's something really fun about seeing stuff that got written all over the halls in my school, written in simlish.
I also retextured the classroom door, which was flood-filled and gaudy before. This is a *replacement* file for the original door, but you can just use the extra colors if you prefer the old textures. Another small problem on this one, the mapping on the interior door gave me a little heartache. I wanted to remap it, but I didn't get around to it.

In the classroom proper, we have:
- A *replacement* for the pupil tokens, which I've made shift-able.
- A *replacement* for the classroom controller, out of ATS' chalkboard. It comes with ten simlish retextures, based on lessons from Kahn Academy.
- Clones (I forget how many) of the homework controller, using ATS desk accessory meshes. The meshes have been rearranged to allow the homework to appear without clipping. Note that this is the *homework* controller, and not the *classwork* controller. The classwork controller, of course, works together with the classroom controller, so I didn't mess with it.
- Recolor's of Maylin's school desk and chair, in AL Wood Colors. (Sorry, no swatch, but you know... AL wood colors. Smiley )

Also I made some retextures of the Maxis "Bowl of Fruit". Including, gold, paper, jade, and a weird fantasy pink thing. The preview here shows them with a CEP installed that creates a new subset for the bowl. I unfortunately found that CEP after I did the retextures, oh well.
And because the original texture was too weird to edit, I also included the texture that I redrew, as a Default. Note that the yellow apples are no longer black on top. Much tastier. (They were that way because Maxis messed up and mapped half the apples to the banana texture.)

The Second Half only has one preview image:

These took long enough to get right, that I'm just going to rest on my laurels a little and not take individual previews of each piece of makeup.

So here's the deal with these. There's a lot of shaders and shapers out there at this point, but most of them are skewed to work with a pretty narrow age range, and a literally narrow face. So I decided to focus on making some makeup specifically for the very young, or the soft featured.
This set eschews hard edges, dark shadows, and greasy highlights; instead using the shape of warm blush tones to suggest facial volume. I could not have made this set five years ago, I didn't have the art chops.

From left to right on the thumbnails:

- "Cutie Pie Blush" is my pride and joy. It looks simple, but I worked really hard on it. It blushes the side of the face, creating a round, youthful look.
- The "Cheek Poofer" is exactly what it says on the tin, it'll poof up the cheeks. It accents the apples of the cheeks without adding age.
- The "Chin Blusher" is a subtle thing in this image. It adds a glow to the soft underside of the chin. This spot gets neglected by makeup artists, because you pretty much can't see it in bodyshop. You'll notice it when toddlers look up at things though.
- "Soft Orbit Blusher" took a few tries. I wanted a blush that would emphasize the idea of cheekbones underneath the cheeks, and suggest that the person would have eyebags if they had less subcutaneous fat.
- "Bitty Bags" are so bitty I almost didn't include them. But some people take a lot of close-ups, so I left them in.
- "Poofy Cheek Lip Corners" are really intense if you try to use them on thin-faced sims, but they can add a lot of character to a happy baby face.
- "Jaw Shaper" is a bit of makeup I've personally wanted for a while. It's always bugged me that Sim's jaws seem to end far past their ears. This is a fix for that. Particularly useful for sims with shorter faces.

Okay! PHEW. I think that's everything.

Oh wait, quick funny story: I was going to finish off the school set with a backpack that functioned as a dresser. But then I googled it and I realized that not only had that been done before... xD
Yeah, so thank goodness I didn't jump right into that one.

Again, you're awesome. I wish you a very happy July.
And let me know if I've messed up anything, I'm a little tired right now, so typos and such are almost guarenteed.  Embarrassed

DOWNLOAD

Heart burp

It's really cool and interesting to see what everyone made. I kind of regret not participating in this kind of event before Tongue
I love Parsin's futuristic heels and Alice's boy's outfit, Idea's cogwheel clock and Hypersaline's simmified grandma jacket. Thirstyforsouls' plush Christmas tree made me feel things, it looks like one we have irl lol.
ZeroDark
I have made my way here...
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2020, 06:47:00 PM »

The school stuff is cool, AA, but the face details have me SO intrigued! Can’t wait to try them!

My Dreamwidth: Zero Talent - includes TOU
My Tumblr - I Have Made My Way Here - includes Sims (gifts and reblogs), fandom, and political views (Caveat Emptor!)
twofingerswhiskey
How Can I Make This Gayer?
Undead

In loving memory of Tux. Mar 12 2019 - Jan 26 2023

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2020, 10:25:15 PM »

Everything in this thread is blowing me away. I wish I had time to do something this year - I may just have to cook up a Stocking Stuffer because this stuff is SO good. I can't even pick a single thing to comment on - it's all exactly what I love about this community. Our creativity is SO amazing and I can't wait to murder my downloads folder with these goodies!

he/they pronouns please
livejournal // simblr //dreamwidth
Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.64 GHz,Gigabyte RTX 2080 w/8GB Dedicated/8GB Shared vRAM, G.SKILL Aegis 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI PRO B550-A Motherboard, ASUS ProArt 24" Monitor, Fractal Design Define R5 case, and one very tired Jeb
cornyregans
Kindergoth

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2020, 11:45:56 PM »

I thought about participating in this, but given my limited skillset, I figured a providing stocking stuffer would be the better option. Looking back on it, I think it was the right decision considering how awful July has been for me.

I ended up making more defaults. This time, it's for AFBodyKitchenApron, which has been replaced with LemonLion's 3t2 Shock&Shame/Simmerstore Ice Cream Dress conversion. I've also included the option of using either LemonLion's original conversion (which uses Skeleton-Teacup's conversion of Pixicat's Clover Boots), or Antka's shoeswap (which uses Skeleton-Teacup's 3t2 conversion of Pixicat's vans). They're for young adult and adult female sims, each version comes in the three colors shown above, they're available as everyday only, and they have all morphs. You'll need the Kitchen & Bath stuff pack for these to function properly.

Download Links
v1 (LemonLion's conversion): https://www.simfileshare.net/download/1960770/
v2 (Antka's shoeswap): https://www.simfileshare.net/download/1960771/

Big thanks to: LemonLion, Antka, Rented-Space, Skeleton-Teacup, Shock&Shame, Simmerstore, Pixicat, Anubis, Pollination Tech

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 02:06:58 AM by cornyregans » Logged
ZeroDark
I have made my way here...
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »

Check out this awesome gift! I'm really excited to explore the wallpapers! And the hairs II chose look perfect Cheesy

Hello Zero, I hope this event finds you well.  I bring you good tidings and a two-part gift.

For the first part of your gift, I bring you hi-res modern wallpapers!  I've amassed these from assorted real-life sites.  They're foldered mostly by designer within the file, and each folder has a folder of swatches.  I hope they mostly aren't too busy for your tastes, but I'm not always the best judge of extra - apologies.  Moldings used are from walls by HolySimoly, Paisley Avenue, and Adele.  There's also some panel walls and a few sets of ungrouted tile walls and floors.  Everything is priced at $2 apiece.  I also included two basic tile floors that are a resized/repriced Maxis tile, plus a checkered recolor.  Neither of those two are hi-res.  I'm sorry I couldn't put together a proper preview, but several of them can be seen in action in the next part.  Also, I had to break it into two parts because the original filesize was too big.

Part A: https://simfileshare.net/download/1960859/

part B: https://simfileshare.net/download/1960856/

-*-*-*-

The second part of your gift is hair.  I've selected hair that I hadn't tackled yet and also that I haven't seen done over and over, thus hopefully avoiding too much duplication.

Nightcrawler Rhea, originally converted by memento.  Made all ages + lowered polycount by Rented-Space, retextured in Io's textures by me.  Twenty individual natural-esque families, ten binned but not familied greys, forty unnaturals.  Swatches and mesh (+renamed mesh) included.

Download: https://simfileshare.net/download/1960847/

Realm of Magic Flat Twists Updo, converted 4t2 all ages + F&M by Rented-Space.  Peppermint-Ginger made some recolors based off of Io's retexture of this hair, and I was able to get a true volatile off of one of their blondes, so I used that as the base.  The male version is named "Ichabod Twists" after Io's Ichabod Specter, and the female version is named "Grace Twists" after EA's Realm of Magic postersim who wears this hair.  Same colors as above, swatches and mesh (+renamed mesh) included.

Download: https://simfileshare.net/download/1960848/

-*-*-*-

Download: https://simfileshare.net/download/1960853/

Anto Sally, 4t2 by Ara-Fusilli, retextured in Io's textures by me.  Same colors as above, swatches and mesh (+renamed mesh) included.

Download: https://simfileshare.net/download/1960852/

-*-*-*-

I'm really sorry there's not more, I had some other things planned but I got waylaid for more time than I'd like to admit.

My Dreamwidth: Zero Talent - includes TOU
My Tumblr - I Have Made My Way Here - includes Sims (gifts and reblogs), fandom, and political views (Caveat Emptor!)
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: