Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Linking Default Skins to new meshes? Is it possible?  (Read 152 times)
Ramblin-Sims
Kindergoth

ramblin-simmin

« on: April 06, 2024, 02:32:52 PM »

Hey all! I'm still looking and trying to figure this out, but figured I should throw this out here in case someone knows anything about this already.

Is there a way to link default skins to custom meshes? Like creating a showerproof skin but with the default skins? I ask cause I want to link my alien skins to a particular bodymesh, but the default files don't have 3IDRs or anything like that. Least all the ones I've come across(have saved to this computer).

I'm not confident that it's possible (otherwise surely this'd be a thing), but just feel like it should be haha If anyone has suggestions or insight that would be lovely, otherwise I'm gonna continue searching/experimenting and see what happens.
Thanks!
rudhira
Undead

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 02:51:41 PM »

Yeah, you just have to find the 3IDRs that correspond to the skins. You're not finding them in default replacement packages because most people just want to create texture defaults of skins, which means they are not needed.

My downloads at: tumblr - Garden of Shadows
Ramblin-Sims
Kindergoth

ramblin-simmin

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 02:58:04 PM »

Oh awesome! Well glad to know this isn't in vain. I'll try to work on that then, thank you!
rudhira
Undead

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2024, 07:17:14 AM »

Here is a file with the necessary 3IDR resources, as well as a spreadsheet listing what it is for, sorted by both name and instance.

My downloads at: tumblr - Garden of Shadows
Ramblin-Sims
Kindergoth

ramblin-simmin

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 10:20:53 AM »

Oh my gosh, you're incredible Cool I did manage to find everything I needed but this is a really great resource to have on hand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: