Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: March & April 2015 Sim Challenge TS4  (Read 56084 times)
pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« on: March 02, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »

Credits to Thora for the wonderfull sim pic

Welcome to the Sim Challenge for TS4! As you know, your mission is as follows: Choose a poison (how many sims and corresponding prompts you are going to choose), then choose your prompts, create sims inspired by those prompts, take some pretty pictures of them and then post those here!

Rules and Requirements:
- Choose one of the challenge options and say which you have chosen every time you post a prompt fill.
- Say which prompt you were inspired by directly above or underneath the pictures in your post.
- Make sure your in-game images are clear, and try not to over-edit them, as this will obviously make it difficult to see your sim. Please no Bodyshop pictures only (it's too easy otherwise!)
- Do not take someone else's sim or use theirs as a base. The challenge is for you to be inspired and make a sim.
- Follow forum rules regarding pictures - 650x650 is the recommended size, 750px is the maximum size, maximum of 10 pictures per post.
- As always, follow the main rules of the forum (no WCIFs, no double posting, etc).

Choose your Poison:

Choose Your Prompts:
reposit, hieracosphinxes, dowland, incontestability, suicidally, epionychia, unsovereign, laboriously, retighten, langouste, unteaseled, reinsuring, axiomatically, madwoman, analogical, jephte, hypoxanthine, novelist, etherization, desolater, incriminating, supersecure, semiliberal, hereditarianism, pinafore

Index of participants:
Italicized members have completed their challenge.

Poison A (1 sim)
GagaOolala, yourcoldangel

Poison B (2 sims)
DionysusDreams, UglyVillager

Poison C (5 sims)
spiderviveka

Poison D (10 sims)

Poison E (15 sims)

Poison F (25 sims)

Participation prize:

Special recommendations for TS4:
Since the game is fairly new and there's still very little content for it on the forum we encourage you to the next:
- Spread the word about the challenge, the more the merrier. You can use your blogs/tumblr/whatever to do this.
- If you create any special content for your sim, feel free to share it here, we'd love it.

FAQ
How long do I have to complete my option?
You can post your sims until the very last day of the challenge, which isFebruary 28th in this case. This challenge starts as soon as the thread is posted, and you can jump in at any time.

Do I have to share my sims?
You do not have to upload your sim but it is recommended and encouraged.

I have a sim I created ages ago who is perfect for one of the prompts, can I use him/her for the challenge?
Preferably not. You are not going through the creative process if you take an old sim, or someone else's sim, and use it.

Can I change my option?
If you start the month off thinking that you will have all the time in the world and therefore chose something like Option E, and then run out of time later, yes you can change your option. Or maybe you find you have more time than initially thought, in which case yes, of course you can change your option to one with more sims!

What do the word prompts even mean?
Check out dictionary, onelook, or just Google it. Remember that words often have more than one meaning as well, and you can decide which definition to be inspired by. The prompts are interesting, unusual words which we hope will allow you to let your creativity go crazy.

How far can I be inspired by the prompts?
This challenge is all about being creative so there is no limit!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:49:02 PM by shastakiss » Logged

WIP in my Dreamwidth
DionysusDreams
Gloom Cookie

A Man Chooses, A Slave Obeys

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:49:26 AM »

I'll pick Poison B!

UglyVillager
Kindergoth

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 12:03:32 AM »

Poison B for me too, please!
GagaOolala
Kindergoth

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:23:04 PM »

Poison A! Axiomatically
yourcoldangel
The Mad Hatter
Kindergoth

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 04:07:40 PM »

I will take poison A and I have a quick question, do I need to credit CC makers?

People leave you out in the cold and get mad when you learn how to get warm by yourself.
pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »

I will take poison A and I have a quick question, do I need to credit CC makers?
There's no need to do so, unless you upload the sim with CC.

WIP in my Dreamwidth
yourcoldangel
The Mad Hatter
Kindergoth

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 01:04:05 PM »

The prompt I chose has a meaning "lonely". To me loneliness has a deep meaning because my every day is surrounded by it. To me, loneliness comes from difference and acceptance, therefore, to be lonely means to be different, at least in my case. That's my inspiration. My sim comes from within me. He is after all a geek and a loner, yet has a fascinating and different style, which makes him unique and judge-material.

People leave you out in the cold and get mad when you learn how to get warm by yourself.
spiderviveka
android medic
Undead

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:02:44 PM »

Poison C, please.

pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 10:53:24 AM »

As we did on January, I'm expanding this for April too, I think bimonthly is better for the moment, as there aren't many of us playing TS4.

WIP in my Dreamwidth
IvyCoveredGarden
Kindergoth

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 08:24:34 AM »

Poison C, please and thanks.

pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 10:46:19 AM »

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to tell all of you that I haven't posted the challenges in the last months because I had a car crash and haven't been able to be active for some time. I hope you'll all understand, I'll post a July-August Challenge tonight, as soon as I get home.

WIP in my Dreamwidth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: