Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Would someone please convert four trees into Neighbourhood Deco? [GRANTED]  (Read 5899 times)
Casiotone
for the Painfully Alone
Undead

d'you believe in magic

« on: November 13, 2010, 12:26:52 PM »

Hi there!  Smiley

Her Awesomeness Ja recently converted some trees from Aviolina's Silent Hill set to be neighbourhood deco. This is great, because the trees that come with the game are terribly low-res, and also have an issue I'll bring up later in the post!  doh

While her trees are lovely (and I use them!) I was wondering if I could have a few more trees turned into NH deco-- because my towns don't tend to be as dark and moody as a lot of people's, and I'd like a bit more variety in my landscaping. Big Grin I picked rather large trees (good for NH deco conversion) with relatively better textures and meshes than those of the Maxis neighbourhood trees.

Here are screenshots of all four trees I picked. I can provide a RAR of all of the trees for anyone who is interested-- As soon as somebody says they will give it a go, I will package them up right away.  Cheesy

I would also like to request that if you are ever so kind as to give it a shot, please clone the mesh from, and categorize as, "Landmarks", not "Trees" in the Neighbourhood Deco bin. This is because on lower-end graphics cards, trees which are a little bit further from a lot in lot view will completely disappear from view, and thus mountains in the distance, or even next door to your very lot can look bare! When Ja was making hers I also pointed that out to her, and so it's clear that there is a reason why custom trees should go in the Landmarks bin. Landmark pieces do not disappear from view ever regardless of your graphics card.

That would be all! Thanks for hearing me out.   Embarrassed
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:59:58 PM by shastakiss » Logged
CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:58:16 PM »

Casiotone, I think I can do this for you. (I can't help it, I love making 'hood deco! Grin)

I'm just slightly concerned about the poly counts of the trees, but let's see how they work, shall we? Smiley

Casiotone
for the Painfully Alone
Undead

d'you believe in magic

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »

Casiotone, I think I can do this for you. (I can't help it, I love making 'hood deco! Grin)

I'm just slightly concerned about the poly counts of the trees, but let's see how they work, shall we? Smiley

IIRC Aviolina's trees were high-poly also, and they work fine in my game (I don't even have a graphics card, I'm on an integrated chip). I'm not too worried about the polycount of these, as they'll probably be around the same. Smiley

I'll package up those trees for you!

EDIT: Here are the trees - http://www.mediafire.com/?45cejiw8epnajwp Smiley
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:14:20 PM by Casiotone » Logged
CuriousB
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 02:24:19 PM »

Cool, thanks for the link to the files! I'll get these done as soon as I can - I'm not planning on doing any fancy previews this time around, so it shouldn't take too long. Smiley

Casiotone
for the Painfully Alone
Undead

d'you believe in magic

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 02:42:33 PM »

Rad, you're the best. Big Grin
CuriousB
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »

Here you go! Cheesy

One of the trees, Ann's (?) willow tree, had two slightly different textures, so I did both, and although you didn't originally say that you wanted the winter (leafless) version of Murano's ash tree, it was included in the RAR file of packages you provided, so I did that too. Also, I added shadows to the two trees that didn't originally have them (Pheonix Phaerie's oak tree and the CS tree).

I haven't had time to test them extensively, so please let me know if there are any problems. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:02:27 PM by CuriousB » Logged

Casiotone
for the Painfully Alone
Undead

d'you believe in magic

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »

This is completely awesome, CuriousB! I'll try them out in-game as soon as possible. Thanks for all that hard work!
CuriousB
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »

You're welcome!

But, darn, I forgot to change the catalog description in the version you downloaded! I've fixed the files, so please re-download if it bothers you. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:03:02 PM by CuriousB » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: