Pages: Prev 1 ... 656 657 [658]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RANT/RAVE of the day  (Read 784040 times)
Meduza
Undead

« Reply #9855 on: April 16, 2024, 03:09:09 PM »

I'll let myself undig this topic. Embarrassed

Rant: For quite a few days (or maybe even weeks) I've been having a nagging desire to write a fanfiction for a certain book series. The problem is, to do it properly (it's a post-series idea) I need to finish the whole series and I'm somewhere halfway. I highly doubt I have the patience to wait with writing it for the next few months until I finish the series. And I don't really have time for such an activities right now. Angry Give me strength!

Rave: my ancient Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfic written in my teenhood (my English skills weren't that good back then, RIP grammar) recently had an influx of kudos (it's been silent for years). It's probably an aftermath of Netflix's adaptation, but it's nice there are people who dug through all these AO3 pages. Smiley

feenix
Undead

« Reply #9856 on: April 17, 2024, 11:09:03 AM »

That's great about new kudos on your work, Meduza!  I love Avatar: the Last Airbender and was super impressed with the new live-action Netflix series, they did the original series justice (unlike that awful movie).  I also love your ATLA Sims 2 content Smiley  I'd love to read your fic on AO3 if you're OK with sharing it here (or PM me)
I completely understand about not having the time/energy to write a new fanfic, most of mine live in my head these days.  It's quite difficult to get the ideas out of your head and actually written down, so props to you!

RAVE:  Just had a baby 6 weeks ago!  She's incredible.

RANT:  Team no sleep
Yolandi
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #9857 on: April 17, 2024, 02:16:16 PM »

Oh my gosh congrats on baby!!!
Meduza
Undead

« Reply #9858 on: April 17, 2024, 04:40:57 PM »

Thanks, feenix! Smiley

The ATLA fic isn't anything spectacular - a rather short fluffy one-shot, I would say. I'd prefer not to merge me various Internet activities - my AO3 account doesn't point to my simming profiles and my simming profiles don't link to my AO3 account. Besides, spelling and grammar in my older fics is quite embarrasing. Angry On the other hand, writing fanfics helped me hone my English skills, so I don't regret it.

Congrats on the baby! May you get a proper sleep soon enough! Heart burp

feenix
Undead

« Reply #9859 on: April 17, 2024, 07:29:46 PM »

Thank you Yolandi and Meduza!

No worries Meduza, I completely understand about wanting to keep things separate- I feel the same way about my Reddit profile Smiley  But know your fanfiction is appreciated nonetheless.
PenelopeT
Call me Pen
Macabre Miscreant

put the kettle on

« Reply #9860 on: April 30, 2024, 08:11:52 PM »

Rave:  After being diagnosed with breast cancer last year and having to undergo two surgeries and follow-up treatment, my mom completed her last radiation treatment almost two-weeks' ago and is finally feeling like herself a bit and in the mood to visit with her friends' again.  I'm very thankful we found her a great surgeon and that her aftercare team was fantastic as well. 

Rant:  The state of the world is honestly just horrendous.

Rant:  My sporting activities have come to an end, and I have to let tennis, kickboxing and kayaking go.  Had an MRI on my shoulder/arm last week and have multiple issues that will require surgery.  I'd put off seeking treatment as being with my mom had been a priority, but the pain eventually became too much.  Such as life... it could be worse.

Rave:  This is the 20th year that I have been with my husband/bestie, and we're trying to decide on Iceland or New Zealand for our next getaway to celebrate.  We always joke about how we've been together since our 20's like we were super young, but in reality we were almost 30-yrs-old.  Grin

I'm just a girl, standing in front of the elf on a shelf, hoping he'll fall into the fireplace.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 656 657 [658]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: