Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2014.11-12 - Lost in Translation and New Frontiers  (Read 65137 times)
Fainiel
Macabre Miscreant

« on: November 02, 2014, 08:00:44 AM »

It's a double theme this time round as there were only two options left and it means we can start afresh in January with a nice new list of potential themes (and in December the advent will be running).

So! You can either stay earthbound for Lost in Translation, which is anything to do with Earth cultures, perhaps cultures of different countries or different cultures found within a country. Alternatively you can take it to outer space, with New Frontiers, which is all about asteroids, galaxies and extraterrestrials. Bonus points if you can combine the two themes!

As always, please add a 150x100px button of your creation with your name on it for the index.

Index

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:23:07 PM by shastakiss » Logged

furbyq
elf grandfather
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 02:31:26 PM »

Hello! I have never contributed to a monthly theme before, but as I am very interested in space and nebulous endeavors, I did a few quick alien-esque skin recolors for the theme! Smiley

Swatch.

Additional Previews: Aether (Face, Body), Interstellar (Face, Body), Constellation (Face, Body), Starshine (Face, Body).
All models are pictures without any makeup, even Interstellar. The contrast just turned the eyelids a little bluish.

Information.
These are recolors of four different skins by Mouseyblue. Each skin comes in one of my Cosmic shades, with the included colors being Aether, Interstellar, Constellation, and Starshine. I smoothed each skin as much as I could in PS and then reimported them in SimPE so they should have very little pixelation. Some of them have slightly weird seams, but these problems were also present on Mouseyblue's originals. All skins are townified and geneticized according to Pooklet's old method. All files are also compressed.

Credits.
Mouseyblue, for the original skins.

Each face file also uses an eye from Jessi's Keep It All Inside set, teeth from Trapping's Benghalis Skins (because pointy-toothed aliens, rarrr), and Ephemera's waterlines (as edited by Pooklet).

Download Alien Skin Recolors!

Edit: I don't know if you do indexes anymore, but here is a button just in case. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:21:00 PM by furbyq » Logged

tumblr!
go here for current downloads and wips.

dreamwidth!
go here for old downloads and pic spams.
WakahisaDManami
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:08:57 PM »

Awesome, furbyq! Cheesy I was just looking at your Cosmic shades last night and admiring them because they're so pretty!

Please call me Mai! I use she/her pronouns
Mareen
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »

Had these ready and thought they would fit this month's theme perfectly  Cheesy Ginko's 'Dragon Horns' 3to2 thanks to RentedSpace, in a bunch of shiny new colors! (They are available for both genders and all ages, in the accessories category)

Comes in 7 colors: Black, AlfredAskew's Golden and Silver, Furbyq's Void, Celestial and Meteor, Pooklet's Semtex.

Credits: AlfredAskew, Pooklet, Furbyq (color actions),  RentedSpace (mesh conversion), Ginko (original mesh).
Mesh and preview included in the .zip, enjoy!  Embarrassed
DOWNLOAD HERE (download link was fixed in April 2024, got it from their new blog)

Button:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 09:49:52 PM by Hermit Fox » Logged

Lella
Kindergoth

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 03:46:02 AM »

This is my first contribution to a theme here. Smiley
Here are 14 recolors of Mouseyblue's Dust Alien eye with all of Furbyq's Cosmic colors and some of Pooklet's unnaturals.

Nitroglycerin, Interstellar, Celestial, Starshine, Void, Constellation, HMX, Aether, Wormhole, Meteor, Supernova, Hazardous, Shock Wave, Fluorophore

Download Geneticized (Recessive) and Townified
Download Geneticized but not Townified

Void and Constellation are pictured in the first two previews. Folder includes swatch and PSD. I tried to get as close to the hair color swatches as possible, then blended back in the iridescence, sparkle, and catchlight from the original eye.

Credit:
Mouseyblue for the original eye (the one furthest to the right)
Furbyq and Pooklet for their color actions.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:11:03 AM by Lella » Logged

furbyq
elf grandfather
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 04:00:59 AM »

Oh my god Lella those are gorgeous!! Drool I'm going to use those on basically every sim I make for the next few days. And they're townified, yay! Cheesy

Also I thought I already commented on them but those horns are very cool Mareen! I really like that mesh and your recolors are super pretty. Heart burp

tumblr!
go here for current downloads and wips.

dreamwidth!
go here for old downloads and pic spams.
Amalia
will always be a
Macabre Miscreant

Insert witty quote here.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 04:03:36 AM »

Lovely eyes! Drool

Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark.
nat
Undead

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 07:51:02 AM »

I love these eyes Cheesy!

WakahisaDManami
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 10:01:29 AM »

Wow, Lella! These are amazing! I'll be using them forever!

Please call me Mai! I use she/her pronouns
Iisakitty
Gutter Punk

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »

Those eyes would make awesome Alien defaults, Lella!
Lella
Kindergoth

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 02:47:23 PM »

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Lisakitty, Furbyq made an alien eye default of the Aether color. Link

Iisakitty
Gutter Punk

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 08:47:35 AM »

Lella, I actually made one with Hazardous, although my friend wanted me to make one in Supernova for her. Maybe I'll make a full set and upload here, if that'd be okay. It seems like fun! (Plus I just learned how to make eye defaults and I love it, just like with skin defaults!)
Kinu
♡ ♡ ♡
Macabre Miscreant

죽어도 영원히 살래 ♡

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 12:28:11 AM »

Ohh those horns are pretty, thank you Mareen!

ritaxis
wearing the old lady hat since 1953
Macabre Miscreant

I can't type. I can't see all my typoes. I do try.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 08:42:36 PM »

FIXED DOWNLOAD LINK AGAIN -- it should work now

So my contribution is a long time in the making. Seriously: I first tried to contribute it to the January 2012 GOS theme! At the time I was having trouble with certain files and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with them. SInce they crashed my computer and they were the heart of the project, I gave up. When this theme camed up I decided to revive it and see if I could solve its problems and if the crashing happened on my current computer.

It's taken all month, and I gave up on a few items, but finally, thanks to a bunch of people I'll credit at the end, here it is:

Yep, that's right! a genuine, build-it-yourself Yurt building set! ("Sixty Horses in my Herd" is the name of a great song by Hun-Huur-Tu, a Tuvan throat-singing group who dress a lot like my sim up there when they aren't wearing satin robes for performance)

There are actually two separate approaches to this: one gives a nice rounded look, the other relies on regular Maxis walls on an octagon.

The first uses bluetexasbonnie's Tower Build meshes, which I've included in the download folder if you don't have it. It consists of a door and three repositoried rounded windows. To place them, make an octagon which is three tiles on the straight sides and two tiles on the diagonal sides: the whole thing will fit into a seven-tile square. Place the left, right and center windows on the straight sides, and the left and right ones on the diagonal sides. The door replaces the center window.

(for more recolors of the Tower Build set, look at Mod the Sims -- and I think Plumbbob Keep. If you want to add more recolors yourself, recolor the door and the left window which is labeled "master."

The roof is the round roof from the Tower Build set, but it is repository to bluetexasbonnie's shed roof, which is why that is also included in the meshes even though it is not a yurt item. Aside from her generous policies, bluetexasbonnie is not creating for the Sims 2 anymore.

The second is build like any octagonal room. To go with this I have made two recolors of the Maxis roof and a raft of mostly Maxis doors. The doors included are:

1)the Value "Justa" door
2)the Walnut Door
3)the Dorm "Myne" door
4)the Hotel "Solidity" door
5)the Apartment "Unique Separator" door

and Leefish's Curtain door

In addition there are two decorative items: the Freetime wall sticker, with four recolors, and the jonesi blanket, with six recolors. I didn't include the jonesi blanket mesh, but I did include some of sailfindragon's curtains that hkaw at Sims 2 Artists made repository to the blanket.

I also included two ceiling floors to match the yurt fabrics.

The yurt walls (Maxis walls or Tower windows) come in exterior  and interior flavors: Exterior versions include a plain ruched tan as you see above, and a white with your choice of appliqued embellishments. Interior versions include a lattice wall with or without hangings on it. The hangings some in two types: kilim (hand-woven tufted wool) or suzani (complex embroidery). The Maxis roofs and the Tower roofs come in white or tan.

The apartment door mats come in four designs. The Myne door and the Tower door each come in two colors. The other doors come in four colors.

SWATCHES AND INGAME PICTURES CAN BE SEEN HERE

Coffin kicker image:

DOWNLOAD

Thumbnail:

Credits:
bluetexasbonnie for her Tower Build and Shed Roof sets
leefish for the curtain door and also generous answering on forums over the years including the answer to a SimPe question I had
frillen for the transparent tiles tutorial even though I ended up having to jettison that part of the project
jonesi for the blanket, sailfindragon for the curtains, and hkaw for making them repository
Celebkiriedhel for telling me how to fix the Solidity Door and find the Curtain Door!

Alternate download method: since I've fixed the folder link twice, and the second time I could see no difference between the non-working link and the fresh link, here are the links to the individual files. Maybe that will work better.

COLLECTION (Pets req.)
Aparment life DOORMAT recolors
bluetexasbonnie TOWER WINDOW AND DOOR SET recolors
bluetexasbonnie TOWER AND SHED ROOF SET recolors
cmo-leefish CURTAIN DOOR recolors
freetime BUTTERFLY STICKER recolors
jonesi BED BLANKET recolors
basegame Value "JUSTA" DOOR recolors
Maxis ROOF PATTERNS
MESHES for YURT RECOLORS
University MYNE DORM DOOR recolors
Bon Voyage SOLIDITY HOTEL DOOR recolors
Apartment Life UNIQUE SEPARATOR DOOR recolors
YURT WALLS AND CEILINGS
basegame WALNUT DOOR recolors
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:53:55 PM by ritaxis » Logged
Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

You hear voices, I hear music.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 11:52:04 PM »

This is a really nice set. But the download link is missing.

"It's hard to fight an enemy with outposts in your head." S.King
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: