Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2010.06 - Creature Feature  (Read 213712 times)
quiltlover
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2010, 08:39:29 PM »

I love the alien eyes!  They're already in my game Smiley
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »

Tanathir, thank you!  I finally feel like I have Servos exactly how I want them (and I don't have to fiddle with them <I>any more--</i> until the next awesome mesh comes along).

dreadpie
Kindergoth

« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »

Why didn't I check this thread before booting up my game? Must have androgynous wooden servo in my game NOW. Thank you so much for sharing your work and for giving us so many options, Almighty Hat.
Theraven
Easily distracted
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

The bright side of life has chocolate!

« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2010, 05:09:43 AM »

No more metal servos  Cheesy

Chapter 85 of Little Fire Burning

Just because I have a short attention span, that doesn't mean I... SQUIRREL!
CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2010, 05:13:26 AM »

Thanks for all the lovely comments! Cool

Hat, that is such lovely and brilliant work, and well worth the size of the file to have such a beautiful finish to the wood. Drool

Fran
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2010, 05:23:02 AM »

I've been checking this thread every time someone posted a new item. Not until I saw that servo did my heart stop totally! Oh, so gorgeous!
I wish I had the nerve to put it into my game. Alas, I do not, but I will take it for "maybe someday".

Fantastic work, Almighty Hat-just stunning.
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2010, 06:27:16 AM »

Dreadpie, thank you!  Options were requested, I provided at least the ones sanity would allow.

Indeed, TheRaven!  I'm glad you like 'em!

Thank you so much, CuriousB-- visible woodgrain really needs to be high-definition, at least when it's on something you might be tempted to take close-up pictures of.

Fran, thank you-- but why are you lacking the nerve?  If you try 'em and hate 'em (or the file size is too much for your specs), you can always just pull them out and revert to regular metal Servos.  That's the beauty of default replacements-- the change is instantaneous!

Fran
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2010, 09:11:45 AM »

I'm lacking the nerve right now because my dl's folder is about 9500 items, some of them pretty high poly counts..I also have the other default servo. Oh, I just can't make up my mind!
I'm such a dl slut. My machine would probably take it. I'm just so spineless. Undecided

Edit: I found my spine-lying in the corner. Also found that I'd taken out the default servo I'd dl'd a while ago. So I need this! Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:12:45 PM by Fran » Logged
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2010, 10:42:46 AM »

The Servos aren't high-poly, they just have high-resolution textures, if that helps.  But I do understand not knowing which default you want to use!  I've had that problem myself.

Achmed Bin Sizza
Sizza Crazyfingers the Derplegacy Master.
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

General Pussycat

« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2010, 10:53:45 AM »

I love those spots CuriousB!

Quoth from Feverish:
"If he didn't want to be watched he shoulda moved his fat ass from the window. That gorilla was a drama whore"
SilTstm
Undead

« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2010, 01:48:49 PM »

CuriousB: I love thee spots! and the eyes Tongue but you already know I love NothingLikeTheSun eyes  Roll Eyes

Almighty Hat: Thank you for the servo! it's amazing and the decorations in the back of the head are way too lovely Drool

Thank you both for making these  Kiss

pinkosim
aka psychosim
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2010, 02:56:52 PM »

Thanks for the vampire replacements, NathanialRoyale! Everything else looks great, too!

I thought I would skip this theme but then there was one of those random side projects. I was looking through the game files for something completely different when I came across the doll texture and thought "Isn't the current GoS theme supernatural? It would be nice if supernatural kids could play with appropriate dolls."

I did aliens, vampires and zombies. I didn't know how to make good werewolves or witches quickly. But if you have the appropriate EP it should be easy enough to extract the witch/werewolf face and slap it on there.

These are global replacements, you can have only one at a time in your game.

DOWNLOAD SUPERNATURAL DOLLS
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:13:16 PM by psychosim » Logged

"One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best." - Goethe
Your dedication is inspiration for my dedication.
- Livejournal - latest: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
- Grungy cars - latest: 1977 VW Type 2 two-tones
Truculent Beastie
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2010, 03:06:09 PM »

Great job Almighty Hat! Your work looks exquisite.
pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2010, 08:37:19 PM »

Ok, my first (late) contribution to this month, a bunch of Pooklet'd skins, exactly 42, all Pooklet's colors.
You get 42 recolors of Pooklet's MPL skin, in all Pooklet's colors, both naturals and unnaturals.

Swatch of all the colors:

I have splitted the download in three different parts: first two rows are part one, second two rows are part two and the last two rows are part three.

I have used the alternative importing method to avoid pixelation. Also, I managed to make the skin files really small in size, all of them are around 1mb.
Only custom versions by the moment, as I have to sort out my other three goodies for you before genetizing them. Also, this is a post-in-progress, I'll add other goodies here. For face details of the skins, look below.

DOWNLOAD CUSTOM SKINS
Part One || Part Two || Part Three
Compressorized & with proper tooltips

Credits:
Pooklet for the original MPL skin
Pooklet for the color actions, which I slightly modified.

______________________________________________________________________________________

My second contribution for this month is a set of alienized version of Phobia's eyes. The idea behind this is giving your alien sims a huge variety of colors for their eyes.

You get 21 Phobia's original colors plus a grey recolor by me, because I felt I needed it in the set.
Swatch of the colors:

Only custom version by the moment, I'll add the genetized one later.

DOWNLOAD CUSTOM
Compressorized

Credits:
Phobia for the original eyes.
NeenaNeedles for the sclera.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Moar alien eyes!! Now it is time for Nilou's The Fallen eyeset.

Swatch of the colors:

DOWNLOAD CUSTOM
Compressorized

Credits:
Nilou for the original eyes.

Another set of alienized Nilou's eyes. This time the huge and awesome Onomatopeia set.

Swatch of the colors:

DOWNLOAD CUSTOM
Compressorized

Prosthetics genetized & townified all the skins and uploaded them HERE

Credits:
Nilou for the original eyes.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:56:00 PM by pinketamine » Logged

WIP in my Dreamwidth
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2010, 10:08:15 PM »

Thank you, SilTstm and Truculent Beastie!

Psychosim, those dolls are awesome.  That's a great, great idea.

Pinketamine, holy crap!  The skins look great, the eyes look great, and boy you did a lot for this month!

Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: