Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glendalough (world)  (Read 112147 times)
neuroticrobotic
Macabre Miscreant

Square-ier

« on: August 18, 2011, 01:36:29 AM »

Glendalough is a strange, sleepy town nestled between rows of rolling green hills. The thickly wooded landscape is riddled with odd ruins, strange swamps, and massive boulders. The old homes range from refined to rustic and the various parks and civic buildings are overgrown and gray.

This world was built on a large-sized map, but the playable area is equivalent to that of a medium-sized world. There are a little over 100 lots (including two secret tombs), the vast majority of which were built from scratch by me. There is a decent number of empty lots within that count, so you can easily build and expand. Glendalough has unique sky and water and also features multiple rabbit hole recolors. It's unpopulated, so you're free to mold the town's inhabitants to your liking.

I'd also liked to add that the various lots and streets in Glendalough are named after all manner of nerdy things including Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Lovecraft, and... Mushrooms.

Overhead View

If you want to get a better sense of this world, there's about 100 additional pictures and some documentation here.

Requirements

Eps: Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Patch: At least 1.22

Stuff Pack Content: (Nab at MATY, SimsStore, or SimsFairyTales)

Riverview(installed normally via the launcher, it's free after all)

Dr. Prosper's Glowing Orb *
Pastoral Perfection Stove *
Retronator Stove(Regal Living Kitchen) *
Window of All-Knowing(Regal Living Kitchen) *

* These were run through S3RC and then installed as Sims3packs, I think the same process must be used in order for them to show up properly

CC:
Awesim's Cornices
Jynx's Rabbit Hole Doors

Known Issues

When the world is loaded for the first time, you will need to save, exit to the main menu, and then reenter the world. This is to ensure the fog emitter effects will show up properly. If you don't do this, you will have lots of weird foggy spots on the ground instead of pigeons and fireflies.  You will only need to do this the very first time you open the world. Grin

Sometimes, Jynx's Rabbithole doors will not show up properly after installing. If this is the case with you, you will need to replace these objects on the following lots (please click names for pictures):

Broadmoore Military Base
Haverhill Hospital
Fletchley&Finch(Business Center)

Credits

Thanks to the ever awesome Plasticbox for the use of Wee Barnoid #23 and Wee Barnoid #08. I only slightly modified their exteriors so that they better fit within the world. Also, I'd like to thank MTS's awesome CAW resources. Lastly, many, many, many thanks to the people who were kind enough to test this world for me: Simtarts, Mielekat, Engram, Tiptoehappiness & Vintagecat! I'm also grateful to everyone else who provided me with feedback and encouragement along the way.

It goes without saying that if anyone has trouble with this thing or has any questions, feel free to speak up!
You may also go ahead and use this in your own creations. Just keep it off of grubby paysites and remember to provide me with a little credit.

Download Here ^_^

* glenthumb.png (36.7 KB, 150x150 - viewed 104030 times.)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:06:37 AM by neuroticrobotic » Logged

(lj)       (dw)       (tumblr)
Kotangens
Money grubbing bastard
Gloom Cookie

Mind is a blunted razor blade

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 03:26:58 AM »

It's simply amazing! Screens are amazing, fantastic town!  Drool

Formerly loads of links to adfly
Engram
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 04:21:08 AM »

As one of the people who had the privilege of beta testing this world I can say with confidence that this is a fantastic world to play. The subdued lighting makes for a moody and interesting atmosphere. And it is absolutely stunning, with lots of little details that I kept spotting throughout making my sim run around testing it out. It's gorgeous and an absolute pleasure to play.

Livejournal
Dreamwidth
Simified - custom content downloads
miu
Kindergoth

AIN'T NO FUN!

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:34:31 AM »

O h m y g o s h I was really looking forward to this! Great work, everything looks crazy real ~
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:34:26 AM by miu » Logged

you make me late for work
you make me late for church
fm-tm | live journal
schizohybrid
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:50:31 AM »

This town is so beautiful, thank you for sharing!   Cool
RolloRolls
Undead

Rain is for Dreamers

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 09:07:30 AM »

Wow! It's beautiful! Amazing job! Love it! Cheesy

Cigar Sleepy bat
alistair
Gloom Cookie

speak of the devil and he shall appear

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »

This is amazing, love the row houses!

Question, though. What are the lots that require the expansion packs? Or are they just objects? I'd love to have this in my game. but I only run base game. (Unless I'm being a total idiot, would it even work without the expansions?)

neuroticrobotic
Macabre Miscreant

Square-ier

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »

You guys are the best! I'm so happy you like it!

And Engram! You can has flower Thank you once again, you've been so helpful.

Alistair - Unfortunately, this world really uses a lot of content from all the EPs indicated. I assume the special lot types would be a particular problem, but also the trees and bridges would disappear. If you see something specific that you like(perhaps a lot or rabbithole recolor?), I might be able to pack those things up separately for you. There could be other options as well, I'll look around for more info.  Sherlock Holmes

(lj)       (dw)       (tumblr)
pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 01:39:14 PM »

This is incredibly beautiful!

WIP in my Dreamwidth
alistair
Gloom Cookie

speak of the devil and he shall appear

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »

Alistair - Unfortunately, this world really uses a lot of content from all the EPs indicated. I assume the special lot types would be a particular problem, but also the trees and bridges would disappear. If you see something specific that you like(perhaps a lot or rabbithole recolor?), I might be able to pack those things up separately for you. There could be other options as well, I'll look around for more info.  Sherlock Holmes

That's a pity. I feel like rushing to the store to get all three EPs so you world would work!  :'( That's very kind of you though (I feel like I'm asking too much now!), since I do love those cottage-esque houses, and the row houses as well. The rabbithole recolours are brilliant as well.  Grin

CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »

I knew from the WIP shots you shared that this would be something special. I've been looking for a good custom world, and I think I have just found it. Cheesy

arisily
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 04:31:35 PM »

I saw some of the progress photos on your lj a while back, and I've been excited to see the end result ever since. I can't wait to play in this town; thank you for making such an interesting and lovely world.  ^_^
AboutAGirl
Kindergoth

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »

This is so very lovely! Thank you for all the hard work and sharing with us!
jmtmom
Undead

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 09:47:04 PM »

Looks fantastic, very atmospheric.
naraku
Gloom Cookie

You have acquired the "Epic Boob's search" medal.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 11:19:25 PM »

I don't play Sims3, but I was enchanted with the pictures. It's amazing! So many details!

"Having no worries would mean an
obstacle-free life.
Unfortunately, I do worry."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: