Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cornice Recolors  (Read 5896 times)
Fi
Rufus T. Firefly
Gutter Punk

« on: August 24, 2011, 07:40:52 PM »

Hello GoSlings  Heart burp

I adore these Awesims cornice conversions by CuriousB, and (considering I am absolutely hopeless at recoloring/retexturing things) I would be ever so grateful to have more recolors of them. I'm particularly looking for green, navy blue, brown, and black. I know CuriousB has made some of these colors, but I'm looking for more of a "painted" look instead of a "stone" look (if that makes sense).

See here:

Actually, this whole page has a lot of good references that show what I'm looking for.

I'd love both grungry and "new" recolors!

I've checked GoS, MTS, TSR, and a few smaller sites that specialize in urban decor and design, but I haven't really found any cornices similar to these. I apologize if they're out there and have managed to slip by me.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:52:49 PM by shastakiss » Logged

If a lot of people love each other, the world would be a better place to live.

simblr | last.fm
amythestfenix
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »

I've got these in clean versions for a couple of greens, brown, black wood, and some others. I'll put them up and you can look at them and see if you want them.

Edit- Sorry, I probably won't be able to get to this until tomorrow!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:45:56 PM by amythestfenix » Logged
CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 07:00:03 AM »

I don't wish to 'ninja' amythestfenix, but since I still have my PSD files, it would be very easy for me to make more colours if required.

Does the original texture from Awesims - the blue, red and cream texture in the picture below - look painted enough for you? If so that could easily be recoloured with the single colours you have requested.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:10:38 AM by CuriousB » Logged

amythestfenix
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:32:07 AM »

I dropped by to say that I'm not going to get to this before the weekend (school's starting and I'm a teacher, so I've little to no free time at the moment).

Fran, I certainly don't think I've been 'ninja'd. And I would love to have more colors of these beautiful cornices. I'm sure that the original .psd files will make much clearer and nicer textures anyway!
Fi
Rufus T. Firefly
Gutter Punk

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »

amythestfenix and CuriousB: Anything would be much appreciated! If possible, I would prefer if the entire cornice could be all one color (like in the pictures) but I'm honestly not a stickler. And yes, that third cornice is exactly the one I have in mind. I would just love to have a large variety of these, grungy recolors too. Smiley

And take your time, I'm in no rush!

simblr | last.fm
CuriousB
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 01:27:56 AM »

amythestfenix and CuriousB: Anything would be much appreciated! If possible, I would prefer if the entire cornice could be all one color (like in the pictures) but I'm honestly not a stickler. And yes, that third cornice is exactly the one I have in mind. I would just love to have a large variety of these, grungy recolors too. Smiley

And take your time, I'm in no rush!

All one colour is no problem, and grungy too - is the level/type of grunge on my existing recolours OK for you?

I didn't make more colours to begin with as I honestly didn't know that it was common for cornices to be painted like that - in the UK (or where I live anyway) you normally just see plain stone. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:07:06 AM by CuriousB » Logged

Fi
Rufus T. Firefly
Gutter Punk

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 10:39:25 PM »

That would be perfect! Thank you so much!  Heart burp

simblr | last.fm
CuriousB
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »

OK, I've made five different recolours (green, navy, brown, black and red), in both clean and grungy versions. However, I haven't uploaded them yet as I'm currently away from home working on my laptop, which doesn't give a very faithful representation of colours on the screen, and I would like to check them on my game computer when I get home on Thursday before sharing them. I hope you won't mind another couple of days' wait?

And thanks, amythestfenix - I'd still be interested to see your recolours as well though. Smiley

EDIT: Here you go...

As I understand, you wanted the whole thing in single, plain colours, including the trim (the swirly bit on the deco end post, etc.)? Personally, I wondered if it might look better if the trim was a different colour (such as the original cream colour), but of course it's up to you. Smiley

Anyway, if you're happy then you can download them here. If not, then please let me know any changes you would like. However, please bear in mind that I will be away from again home next week, but this time without a computer or internet access, so I won't be able to do anything until I get home again.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:37:28 PM by CuriousB » Logged

Chris W.
Doomsday Device Seller
Undead

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 09:23:38 AM »

Okay,
i`m not amythestfenix but think they turned out very good.Oh and i just wanted to say that it is often very common to paint decorative architecture elements in plain colors.
Here in germany many old buildings from the 1800s to 1910 have painted decorative elements too like these two houses below:

These two houses are a good example.They are both same size and have a mirrored floor plan but one house have unpainted details made from reddish sandstone and the neighbour have painted details.

These pictures were made by me.

amythestfenix
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 10:31:35 PM »

Real life is still very busy and I still haven't gotten in game to take pics of these cornices to post Sad  I have them uploaded here so that you may have them without waiting any longer and I'm so sorry that it's taken this long!
pinkosim
aka psychosim
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 06:23:08 AM »

I haven't seen these before, thank you, CuriousB! Cheesy

"One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best." - Goethe
Your dedication is inspiration for my dedication.
- Livejournal - latest: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
- Grungy cars - latest: 1977 VW Type 2 two-tones
ZeroDark
I have made my way here...
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »

Thanks CB! I downloaded Grin

My Dreamwidth: Zero Talent - includes TOU
My Tumblr - I Have Made My Way Here - includes Sims (gifts and reblogs), fandom, and political views (Caveat Emptor!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: