Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eltham's Drift (world) update 10-11-12  (Read 96044 times)
Miss Discordia
the readheaded
Macabre Miscreant

the superwholocked

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 07:42:26 AM »

Hiya I'm a new member to Garden of Shadow and I joined because I really wanna play this world. I read the instructions and I knew about the Known Issues and was preparing to follow instructions for that. Problem is that when I started a new game in this world the game crashed before it loaded the town. I am fully updated to the most current patch (1.36) and I have the following EP WA, AMB, LN, and Pets. I don't own Generations nor do I plan to install the CC made by Awesims. (I didn't think it would make much difference since the game will load base game content in its place) Could not having these two things cause my game to not load? Thanks for any help in advance!

Actually, I also had problems when using that world, but find out it wasn't the fault of the world file - on some computers the game just cause to crash randomly, it can be because of many issues.
Check if you have all your graphic card drivers and if your PC is not overheating.
neuroticrobotic
Macabre Miscreant

Square-ier

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »

I also recommend uninstalling the world in the launcher(and removing it from your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads), re-downloading, and re-installing. I find that it's best if you quit the launcher after uninstalling and rebooting it before re-installing. One person reported that using a save file in conjunction with this world fixed the crashing. You can download that save file here. Although, this file was generated by a computer with Generations and Showtime installed, so proceed with caution.

This crashing didn't come up in testing and I am not having any luck in duplicating the issue myself. I am trying to work quickly in order to find out why some people are experiencing this issue, and I will definitely update this post if I come across a definitive solution. Please feel free to pm me with any further issues or post them in this thread.

Edit: Unfortunately, it seems that not having all of the required EPs can cause crashes upon loading or saving. This is probably the issue in your case. :/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:10:52 AM by neuroticrobotic » Logged

(lj)       (dw)       (tumblr)
Zhippidy
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 05:44:18 AM »

This is beautiful!  Thank you so much for sharing.
Dutchysim
Kindergoth

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 06:50:53 AM »

Hey Neuroticrobotic,

I just wanted to tell you how much I love your world. Thanks for making it!
I also wanted to mention about bridges, that it is best to make the steep beginning part underground (so that the bridge is straight with the road), because sometimes
sims or animals can't walk over it or sink in a little, what can give lag. I haven't noticed this with your bridge but with every expansion pack it changes.
You can also see what I mean with your mouse cursor, if you  hold it above the steep part ingame, you see the no routing icon showing while if you make it straight and underground there will be feet.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:22:08 AM by Dutchysim » Logged
huclya
Kindergoth

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »

very very pretty world! just the kind of atmosphere I like. a little gloom, a little fog, no bright blue skies with scorching sun. anyway, it made me think of this house in the movie half light with demi moore so I built the house and I have to say it looks real pretty on the seaside cliff. is this kind of the feel you were going for? http://hookedonhouses.net/2012/08/13/the-cornish-cottage-in-the-demi-moore-movie-half-light/ and the real house: http://hookedonhouses.net/2012/08/03/a-romantic-beach-hut-for-two-on-the-cornish-coast/
Dementia
Kindergoth

Human Wreckage

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 08:06:23 PM »

Finally, a neat world that I actually want to play :x thank you very much for sharing this awesomeness
himawara
Kindergoth

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 06:02:20 AM »

Just wanted to say that I play this world now for a longer time and it's just perfect. It runs smoothly without no lag, is highly customisable and just pure awesome!! Thank you so much.
Naiyas Fury
Kindergoth

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 06:02:39 PM »

Yeah this world is fantastic. I'm using it for my random legacy challenge Cheesy

"Smokin' Jesus Titty Cinnamon, this is gonna be SWEET! " ~Scooter
Hopingouin
Kindergoth

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 07:41:58 AM »

Thank you so much for sharing this world, it's perfect for my family (and computer haha!) !!
I've been using it for 3 weeks now and never encountered glitches :3 !
I just a one question .____. .. where is the hidden tomb?! I have been searching but with no results O.O" Maybe I'm just dumb xD but can you tell me where please ? :3

Have a good day!  Heart burp
NernersHuman
Kindergoth

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 03:44:33 PM »

I love this world, so very very much.
DeeDoubleYou
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Kindergoth

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:49 PM »

This is one of the best neighbourhoods I've played!
I love the atmosphere, the terrain paints, the houses....everything.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains."
                 - Ch. 1, Sentence 1: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: