Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2020.03-04 The New Normal & Requires at Least One EP  (Read 79480 times)
Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« on: March 01, 2020, 01:45:53 AM »

The New Normal - Default replacements
Requires at Least One Expansion Pack - Modify, recreate, or create something new inspired by an EP

Please remember to include a 150x100 button for the index.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:55:40 AM by beccabear » Logged

Influence
Undead

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 09:14:06 AM »

Do only expansion packs count or stuff packs-inspired CC is welcome as well? And what about TS3/4 EPs?
Hermit Fox
I also respond to name "digi"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 11:27:58 AM »

^ I guess "inspired by EP" would mean any expansion pack regardless of the game version counts. I'd also count the stuff packs in, it was likely left out of the title to keep it shorter. Smiley

I'm stupid excited about both themes, maybe this time I'll get something done unlike January-February. Cheesy

Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 12:10:57 PM »

Yes, any Sims title would be fine! As for stuff packs, the original theme idea did only specify expansions, but if you really enjoy a stuff pack and want to do something with that, we're not going to discourage anyone from sharing! Smiley

Mrs_MQuve
The Devil's Daughter
Macabre Miscreant

has my soul

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 11:28:15 AM »

I've been meaning to do this for a while now, and since Bergatory already did the default and I already retextured the hair, I was able to get it done right away.

tfhairlong & afhairlong replaced with Raon 103 and the unnaturals (only available through the mirror) with madamcorbeau's shaved edit. I only use a few hair defaults as I hide most of the Maxis hairs, but I was annoyed that the Diva spawns with this one and you can't remove it even with sim surgery.

There are two options for the naturals included in the rar, choose one:

-Pooklet family 1, because this suits my own binning scheme (Dynamite, Depth Charge, Incendiary, Explosive, & Pipe Bomb)
-Option 2 (Dynamite, Depth Charge, Volatile, Pyrotechnic, & Mail Bomb)

The unnaturals for both options are Hangfire, Shock Wave, and Tetryl.

Angles (original) | Angles (shaved edit)

DOWNLOAD ufhairlong Default Replacement
SFS | Mediafire | Box

Credits:
Original default by Bergatory
Meshes by Raon and madamcorbeau
Textures by Io (hair) and Marja (scalp)
Colors by Pooklet

Dreamwidth | Tumblr | Pillowfort | Simblr.cc | My GoS Index
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not
Esotheria_D.
Lost in translation
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 12:26:14 PM »

Mrs_MQuve, that's a great choice for Ufhairlong! I already have Raon 103 as a replacement for another Maxis hair, but I think I'm going to move things around a bit to accomodate your replacement. Smiley

Surprise, surprise - I have a contribution to share! 

My game spawned Grand Warlocks (for the first time in ages!) which prompted me to go looking for default replacements for their clothing. Browsing Sims2Defaults, I came upon this default by Lottie which replaces the warlock outfit with Yuxi's splendid Mandarin coat (and Skell's gorgeous recolors of it!) But as much as I love the bright, gem-like color trio Lottie's original default came with, I still prefer my witches to match the Maxis scheme of black, white, and grey, and so I sat down and did a few recolors.

This will replace Tmbodywitch, Ambodywitch, and Embodywitch with Yuxi's Mandarin coat in three Maxis-matchy colors: deep, almost black purple for the evil warlock, pure white for the good warlock, and smoky grey for the neutral warlock. I blended Skell's textures with some of Yuxi's originals and added a brocade overlay, so all three coats should have some nice, subtle patterning going on. They'll match perfectly with the in-game witch hats as well as Digitalangel's lovely custom hats (which you can see on the preview above)

Redundant swatch, just because:

CREDITS: Lottie, Yuxi, Skell, Bosie, Io

DOWNLOAD UMBODYWITCH
Simfileshare  |  Mediafire  |  Box

Equinox
Engaging ramble mode...
Undead

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 03:45:50 PM »

I have a thing to share! I don't know how much use it'll be to anyone else but I thought it was fun to do, and I've had it on the back burners for months...

(Forgive the terrible preview. I didn't have time to load my main game, so this is a testerhood picture.)

Basically, it's the social worker NPC turned into The Stork. I used Harpy meshes by SynapticSim and retextures by Fire_flower at Plumb Bob Keep. Fire_flower's original files are here and you'll need to go over to that thread to get some of them, because instead of this being a strict replacement of the outfit and hair, I instead edited the 3DIR in a file by CedanyBlee so the social worker spawns in the harpy outfit and the hair I made from the feather accessory (see below).

Another thing you should know is I made the head feathers accessory into a hair, because I didn't want to risk corrupting my game or anyone else's by sticking accessories on an unsafe NPC. I mashed it together with the bald hair mesh, and the feather group is repositoried to Fire_flower's white head feather accessory. It's binned as multibin, so it will not show up in Bodyshop, but does show up in CAS and, of course, on social workers!

The files you'll need from the thread at PBK I linked are called:
Harpy_clothing_AF-standing
Harpy_head_feathers_AF-White
MESH_SynapticSim_HarpyAccAFHFeathers
MESH_SynapticSim_HarpyAF

Credits of course go to SynapticSim, Fire_flower and CedanyBlee.

What am I forgetting? Oh yes: DOWNLOAD LINK! (SFS)

<--- button

My Pillowfort & My Simblr
Homes of Kulo Sena and a ridiculous amount of fantasy-worldbuilder rambling
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 11:07:44 PM »

I'm picky Here are some slightly edited meshes as defaults. The oval mirror in the first preview is from Family Fun Stuff and everything else is base game.
The mirrors have been shrunk, raised, and/or centered so they can be placed in corners and over counters without being eaten by walls or backsplashes. Credit and thanks to HafiseAzale for the smaller add-ons I used.
The Ilistara table lamp was also scaled down some, its size is in between the original and HugeLunatic's add-on lamp.
I think the balloon centerpiece was supposed to look like it had curly ribbons hanging off it but to me they looked like party poopers. The balloons still pop/deflate.

download
io
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 06:34:54 AM »

Ohh bless you shasta for those mirrors. I never use them because of everything that got fixed now in your defaults there, now I can!

serabiet @ tumblr - downloads masterlist @ tumblr
TOU: All I ask is credit and maybe a link, other than that go wild. No ad links!
NathanialRoyale
Dark
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Nights

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 01:15:35 PM »

Shasta that is so cool! Definitely defaults that were needed Cheesy

captainjacksims
Grimly Fiendish
Kindergoth

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 07:24:56 PM »

These are awesome Shasta!  Thank you!  Cheesy

But why is the rum gone?
cornyregans
Kindergoth

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 02:39:20 AM »

I had a couple of ideas for this theme, but I eventually settled on posting this one (though I'll probably submit more before the theme ends).

Anyway, I decided that I'd replace TFBodyDressKnee with SerenityFall/Rented-Space's 3t2 Bring on the Bling conversion. Since this dress had three separate shoe options, I decided to make a separate replacement file for each shoe, and then make a fourth file containing the dresses I didn't use in the other three files. I did this so you can choose which shoes you want at any given moment, and switch the files around if you wanted another shoe later on.

As you've probably already gathered, this replacement is for teen female sims, it's available as formal wear only, each option has three colors, and the dresses have all morphs (Cordelia's modeling the pregmorph). Since the outfit being replaced is from the base game, you don't need any EPs for it to function properly.

Here are the links for each file:

v1 (Flats): https://www.simfileshare.net/download/1682036/
v2 (Docs): https://www.simfileshare.net/download/1682037/
v3 (Pumps): https://www.simfileshare.net/download/1682038/
v4 (Mish-Mash): https://www.simfileshare.net/download/1682039/

Big thanks to Rented-Space/SerenityFall for converting this gorgeous dress and presenting the option to choose your shoe, and to EAxis for the original TS3 dress (please let me know if I missed anyone).

ZeroDark
I have made my way here...
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 10:48:13 PM »

Shasta, I was just lamenting how oversized mirrors are today! Thank you so much!

My Dreamwidth: Zero Talent - includes TOU
My Tumblr - I Have Made My Way Here - includes Sims (gifts and reblogs), fandom, and political views (Caveat Emptor!)
twofingerswhiskey
How Can I Make This Gayer?
Undead

In loving memory of Tux. Mar 12 2019 - Jan 26 2023

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 10:43:50 PM »

Black Light Burst - 90s Arcade Carpets

Inspired by the Nightlife EP's lack of sense of style, comes some 90s arcade-style carpets (could also be for bowling alleys, laser tag, roller rinks, weird nightclubs, dad's basement, etc ...) for your sims!
I originally made these a few months ago but it took this theme's prompts for me to tweak them in order to share!

They do not glow in the dark - but I can confirm that they look great with minimal lighting, as was intended!

More previews:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five

Download here! They are in the carpet section.

Credits: Windows 3.1, a bunch of free pattern websites

he/they pronouns please
livejournal // simblr //dreamwidth
Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.64 GHz,Gigabyte RTX 2080 w/8GB Dedicated/8GB Shared vRAM, G.SKILL Aegis 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI PRO B550-A Motherboard, ASUS ProArt 24" Monitor, Fractal Design Define R5 case, and one very tired Jeb
Mrs_MQuve
The Devil's Daughter
Macabre Miscreant

has my soul

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 02:56:42 AM »

2FW, I LOVE those! They are perfect for the retro nightclub/arcade I had in my old game that I need to rebuild.

Dreamwidth | Tumblr | Pillowfort | Simblr.cc | My GoS Index
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: